or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1404

post #21046 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post
 

I've always worn my pant legs down over the top of my boots, even when I wished I had a better way to fully show off the boot.  Any other approach felt awkward.

 

Question for this group of boot experts:  how do you wear your boots to maximize their visibility?

 

Photos would be appreciated.

 

For example if you wear your pants inside your boot, how do you do it?

 

Or if you roll your pants up high, what type of pants and how does that look?

 

Thanks

 

all my pants are super long inseams but with narrow 6" hems so they just stack up above my boots. 

post #21047 of 22298
Narrow hems definitely
post #21048 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman3520 View Post
 

I've always worn my pant legs down over the top of my boots, even when I wished I had a better way to fully show off the boot.  Any other approach felt awkward.

 

Question for this group of boot experts:  how do you wear your boots to maximize their visibility?

 

Photos would be appreciated.

 

For example if you wear your pants inside your boot, how do you do it?

 

Or if you roll your pants up high, what type of pants and how does that look?

 

Thanks


I wear shorts with boots
I Cut my pants cropped at the end of my calf Muscle
I tuck my pants into my boots (but avoid the dreaded "muffin top" look)
Wide Legged pants look good rolled, especially in linen/ hemp or some other rumpled fabric

post #21049 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamb View Post


I wear shorts with boots

I Cut my pants cropped at the end of my calf Muscle

I tuck my pants into my boots (but avoid the dreaded "muffin top" look)

Wide Legged pants look good rolled, especially in linen/ hemp or some other rumpled fabric

yeah, just balance the length of your pant hem with the style / height / weight of boot.

a cropped or rolled trouser / jean with a nice ankle boot... yum.

a cropped or rolled trouser / jean with a tall boot underneath... yum.

i find tucking pants into one's boots is often ill advised - it only seems to work [imho] with proper combat boots & a twisted jean with a slim calf & hem.
post #21050 of 22298
i go with slim hems and stacking. i tried the boot tuck, was asked by the wife to leave the house cry.gif
post #21051 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

i go with slim hems and stacking. i tried the boot tuck, was asked by the wife to leave the house cry.gif

sounds like you've mastered the tail tuck tho

post #21052 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by psydle View Post

sounds like you've mastered the tail tuck tho

lol8[1].gif you know it
post #21053 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

Hypothetical, but how long would it be before the leather on these stretches out and "slip-ons" becomes "slippers"?  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I got these E-28 calf slip-ons from Idol last year and wore them a ton. They held their shape and their dye too (thankfully). I sized up one.

post #21054 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

i go with slim hems and stacking. i tried the boot tuck, was asked by the wife to leave the house cry.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydle View Post
 

 

all my pants are super long inseams but with narrow 6" hems so they just stack up above my boots. 

 

What are some good pants with narrow hems? My Acne Max jeans have a 7" hem.

post #21055 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionnaire View Post


What are some good pants with narrow hems? My Acne Max jeans have a 7" hem.

nudie grim tim
api petit standard
devoa
ro berlin cut

ZB has a lot of good options
IE looks awesome

our own resident pant maker wormwood has cool ones

hmmm whom else, cheaper end i guess levi's and uniqlo...
post #21056 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


nudie grim tim
api petit standard
devoa
ro berlin cut

ZB has a lot of good options
IE looks awesome

our own resident pant maker wormwood has cool ones

hmmm whom else, cheaper end i guess levi's and uniqlo...

 

I'd put april 77 in that first group for classic raw style denim. Julius knit denim goes super skinny but they're meant to disintegrate into patches. I find every pair of Devoa to be J shaped but then flare out to a bootcut at the hem (I put a dart in mine to taper them to 6"). Not all of Zam's cuts taper more than 7" at the hem but some of his "minimalist" DNA designs do. I usually message him online or if you're on the East coast he has a storefront open now. IE "continious" pant is crazy skinny. Boris p13 and p11 are both slightly dropcrotched but taper superskinny from the knee down. Wormwood will work to your measurements and his fabrics are pretty amazing old world stuff. 

post #21057 of 22298
devoa suit pants twist and taper to a small hem (aka the slim pants). the jeans have a boot cut flare.
post #21058 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by psydle View Post

I'd put april 77 in that first group for classic raw style denim. Julius knit denim goes super skinny but they're meant to disintegrate into patches. I find every pair of Devoa to be J shaped but then flare out to a bootcut at the hem (I put a dart in mine to taper them to 6"). Not all of Zam's cuts taper more than 7" at the hem but some of his "minimalist" DNA designs do. I usually message him online or if you're on the East coast he has a storefront open now. IE "continious" pant is crazy skinny. Boris p13 and p11 are both slightly dropcrotched but taper superskinny from the knee down. Wormwood will work to your measurements and his fabrics are pretty amazing old world stuff. 

agreed on devoa, most are J shaped, i prefer RO to them.

i really wanna try a pair of LUC pants but way too much for me
post #21059 of 22298
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

devoa suit pants twist and taper to a small hem (aka the slim pants). the jeans have a boot cut flare.
can you still do yoga in them? Also, should we move this to the thread we created for clothes?
post #21060 of 22298
i don't know. i am not a flexible person.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)