Think it's an ankle boot though.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 8:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1360post #20387 of 224551/19/16 at 6:15pmpost #20388 of 224551/19/16 at 6:21pmpost #20389 of 224551/19/16 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
oh yeah absolutely. I don't think it's necessary to put "IMO" before every obviously subjective opinion out there.
Just that with certain posters we've seen a history of groupthought opinions projecting a really narrow aesthetic that's not so much a product of taste as it is a product of familiarity.
You just doesn't like my opinions and single me out. It's been a few years dude, move on. You post once a blue moon and certainly don't contribute anything.post #20390 of 224551/19/16 at 6:24pmQuote:Quote:
Those are coolerpost #20391 of 224551/19/16 at 6:52pmpost #20392 of 224551/19/16 at 6:55pmpost #20393 of 224551/19/16 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Anyone pick up the SLP rainbow sandals from this season? Thoughts??
if goodyear welted must koppost #20394 of 224551/19/16 at 8:31pmQuote:
yeah those were the ones I was thinking of.
Look pretty great in the worn pick IMO.post #20395 of 224551/19/16 at 8:35pmpost #20396 of 224551/19/16 at 10:02pmQuote:
I thought the same thing for a while, but the ability to customize within a particular model is hard to resist. If you don't want the shiny side of the shell, hey, no problem, just order it in reverse. Dial in just the right color. I did that with my red 9-hole boots and they are fucking perfect. Choose your sole (I know, sounds like a weird Existentialist play, but I didn't feel as stressed as all that during the process). Also, the "basic" black 5-hole workboot is built beyond reason, it's a fucking tank, and it is meant to be worn hard. No way you're going to hurt these boots, and they really do beg for a beating. Some of the styles are way too "pretty" for my lifestyle, but the ones I have are wonderfully suited to it. Footwear like G&G, John Lobb, etc. are made to be taken care of (and their lasts are bizarre, slender things that make no sense to me). Stuff from a1923 looks like much rougher (which is why I love Simone's footwear and have several pairs). These live in the middle. Definitely worth seeing and wearing if you can.post #20397 of 224551/20/16 at 6:06amAs a preference, the lasts don't appeal to me.
The option to customize is always a big plus but at the price point (3000+ Euro? please correct me if I'm mistaken), I expect more. Design-wise, the hidden laced boots and sneaker boots are the only two designs that I feel that set it apart from the rest. The regular laced up pairs I don't get the hype.post #20398 of 224551/20/16 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by nyarkies
As a preference, the lasts don't appeal to me.
The option to customize is always a big plus but at the price point (3000+ Euro? please correct me if I'm mistaken), I expect more. Design-wise, the hidden laced boots and sneaker boots are the only two designs that I feel that set it apart from the rest. The regular laced up pairs I don't get the hype.
The hype comes from the quality of the leather used and the method of construction. Goodyear welts which are fairly common are priced less than a storm welt. Personally, I think a lot of the hype comes from the amazing silhouette of many of the boots and shoes, and I personally fell in love with the AA last the minute I saw it.
At some point in time I would love to be able to purchase a pair of m_moria boots. As far as the price goes, from what I have heard Mr. Altieri suggested a price of $5000 for his boots, the cut down to $2,800-3,000+ is done by retailers to ensure sales. Regardless they are still expensive, but the quality of the leather, the welts, the stitching and the overall aesthetic and personal feeling is well worth the price.post #20399 of 224551/20/16 at 7:26ampost #20400 of 224551/20/16 at 7:44am@nyarkies, @round, @docdocgs
We've discussed MM a lot over the months recently especially since many of you guys picked some up. The boots definitely grew on me and i like below pair a lot, or at least that style.
As far as the price i definitely have a problem with it and i do believe its the hype. Same reason CCP tornados go for around 2k in the asian market. Also same reason a1923 had a giant price hike over past few years.
We all know that the materials/construction/quality is all great and amazing. The question is diminishing returns, is that boot going to make you happy at the price, if so then buy it. If not then just look at pics. I think coolron, eck, uzairah all have really nice pairs and enjoy seeing them. For me, i prefer the variety i have now over having one go to boot which most of the guys don't have seems like everyone is into variety. But i simply cannot drop 3k to have my variety have MM. At least let me say that i won't be any more happier owning MM and paying the 3k. Picking up a pair of MM used at a better price may make me a buyer but not anytime soon.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 25 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...