Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 10/8/16 at 10:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1344post #20147 of 2188812/26/15 at 10:17pmWas time to get rubber heels and soles on my m_moria derbies. Took them to my trusty cobbler. This time I stuck around and watched him work his craft.
The ease with which he just tore off the heels was amazing. It really was him just taking his pincers, getting a grip on each heel and off came the layers to be replaced in five seconds. Not surprising given that he has almost 30 years of experience doing this. Then some sanding down before application of glue; even the inside of the protective heel was sanded. 600 lbs of pressure applied after glueing to make the rubbers stick. Picked them up a few hours later (to let the glue dry) and could not be happier. Heels have been shaped exactly to the original; no change in height or balance even with the protective soles added.
Off it goes!
The wooden nails:
Final result:post #20148 of 2188812/27/15 at 6:59ampost #20149 of 2188812/27/15 at 8:40ampost #20150 of 2188812/27/15 at 9:17ampost #20151 of 2188812/27/15 at 5:07pm
Yeah cobblers are never as into shoes as their customers. IDK. I asked my cobbler once what are some of the coolest shoes he's seen and he said "your stuff" in the same sentence as iron rangers and wolverines. I was hoping to hear some sick cowboys boots, EG, whatever.post #20152 of 2188812/27/15 at 6:09pmThread Starterpost #20153 of 2188812/27/15 at 6:20pmThread Starterpost #20154 of 2188812/27/15 at 11:58pmpost #20155 of 2188812/28/15 at 5:57pmHope everybody is having a good holiday season.
Update: sold the Guidi 698s to a nice fellow in Austin via eBay and used the funds to kop LUC one cut jeans to match the jacket that me and Eck both had made this fall.
Guaranteed to get more use than the boots, and quite possibly just completed my NYE outfit.
Thanks for the comments a few pages back, guys.post #20156 of 2188812/28/15 at 7:14pm
Excellent choice, Alex. The LUC pants are great and will complement many of your other pieces so well.
Holiday season rolling along nicely, thanks; I hope yours is, too. Heading to the snow for a quiet, contemplative NYE evening with family, old friends, and a new old friend.
[respect and apologies to any non-imbibers who may take offense; none intended]post #20157 of 2188812/28/15 at 7:31pmpost #20158 of 2188812/28/15 at 7:38pmpost #20159 of 2188812/29/15 at 7:30amHey guys-
Long time lurker, first post. I'll try to get some photos of my shoe collection up. I have a mix of MA+, Guidi, A1923 and Layer-O's.
Currently I have Guidi back zips in black and dark red, A1923 in natural reverse shark, A1923 derbys in dark brown, M.A+ sneakers in mustard, M.A+ Lace Stitched half boots in black and Layer-O (model unknown) is reverse horse black/green. Plus a ton of shoes that don't belong in this thread.
The reason for my first post is to ask some CCP advice. About to order my first pair. I've read the last 1000 pages or so over the last few months. Its my morning coffee routine. The question is Tornados or side zips, type of leather, lined or unlined? Thinking of going for color 12, the dark green. Also, if I go Tornados, do I try to order the earlier wider version? Is that even possible?
I'm also considering going for the workboots or sneakers instead as my first CCP purchase which might make more sense considering what I already own. Thinking out loud...
Thanks for any tips or advice!
WE349post #20160 of 2188812/29/15 at 7:58am
The tornado sounds like it might be a more structured alternative to your backips as far as what outfits you plan to wear them with. Based on what you've described, that boot would be something a little different for your collection. Get them lined. It is worth it.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Sartoria Partenopea 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › WTB: Rick Owens (RO) Intarsia Moto Collar S (48) 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 16 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...