or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1331

post #19951 of 22279

Is it strange that I find all front zipped boots hideous?

post #19952 of 22279
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolron View Post

Is it strange that I find all front zipped boots hideous?

No, they are a tough sell IMO
post #19953 of 22279
Guidi PL2 are fantastic, front zip goes well with the unique shape

post #19954 of 22279
I agree those do look cool, a1923 I'm im not a fact of.
post #19955 of 22279
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolron View Post
 

Is it strange that I find all front zipped boots hideous?


Right there with you.

post #19956 of 22279
RO mohawks are the only exception for me.
post #19957 of 22279
I met with Maurizio Altieri last week at his house and spent a few hours there. We talked a bit about the m_moria line and they are really a sight to behold when viewed all together. His obsession and attention to detail for every shoe (not just the model) is amazing. He sees so many parameters that one would miss and is always thinking of how to make them better, even if slightly.

I also saw his prototypes, new heel designs, concepts and new leather options. We even discussed his past work with Carpe Diem and his future plans for shoes and clothing. His ideas for what he wants to do for clothes are really interesting and I hope to see some pieces soon.

During all of this, we snacked on this delicious sweet bread with a crunchy texture from a nearby bakery. Besides shoes, we talked about many different things like cooking, music, travels, etc. For dinner, we went to one of his favorite places, where we had some awesome Roman cuisine! He is an amazing person, very sharp, humble and incredibly fun to hang out with.

His work is really so much better than anything on the market by the usual suspects; it is on a whole different level altogether. Every model/shape I tried was supremely comfortable and impeccably made. And those colors....

And Altieri himself likes the shoes much more once they have been used. Here is a pic of his shoes and mine. You can see that his have been properly worn in and how gorgeous they look with the self made creases. He even scolded/teased me a couple of times for not wearing mine enough! The fact that mine look almost brand new in this light/picture did not help.

f32c06b6_mm.png

Anyways, I ordered a pair of one of the prototype models. He helped me decide the final config and I am really looking forward to getting them. Should be a few weeks.
post #19958 of 22279

Are Guidi 988's blake-stiched or goodyear-welted (or handwelted??)? Or does it vary..

post #19959 of 22279
Uzairh, sounds like you are having quite the trip - thank you so much for sharing these cool experiences smile.gif His worn-in boots look lovely. I think @alexandertg's might be on their way there..
post #19960 of 22279
Funny you mention it. I've been giving them a rest for a bit and focusing on my L0 derbies.

And I just got my mmoria lows/mids in moss back from Willie's and they are about ready to go, so who knows?.

Not that I'm complaining. shog[1].gif
post #19961 of 22279
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post
 

Are Guidi 988's blake-stiched or goodyear-welted (or handwelted??)? Or does it vary..

goodyear

post #19962 of 22279
How baller is altieri's house?

Interested to know if he is making bank or if he is a suffering artist.

Do he and cechetto and poell do coke off strippers tits etc
post #19963 of 22279
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

How baller is altieri's house?

Interested to know if he is making bank or if he is a suffering artist.

Do he and cechetto and poell do coke off strippers tits etc

 

Who needs strippers? I snort lines directly off my tornados while wearing them. 

post #19964 of 22279

Damn, I thought Altieri was homeless

post #19965 of 22279
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairh View Post

I met with Maurizio Altieri last week at his house and spent a few hours there. We talked a bit about the m_moria line and they are really a sight to behold when viewed all together. His obsession and attention to detail for every shoe (not just the model) is amazing. He sees so many parameters that one would miss and is always thinking of how to make them better, even if slightly.

I also saw his prototypes, new heel designs, concepts and new leather options. We even discussed his past work with Carpe Diem and his future plans for shoes and clothing. His ideas for what he wants to do for clothes are really interesting and I hope to see some pieces soon.

During all of this, we snacked on this delicious sweet bread with a crunchy texture from a nearby bakery. Besides shoes, we talked about many different things like cooking, music, travels, etc. For dinner, we went to one of his favorite places, where we had some awesome Roman cuisine! He is an amazing person, very sharp, humble and incredibly fun to hang out with.

His work is really so much better than anything on the market by the usual suspects; it is on a whole different level altogether. Every model/shape I tried was supremely comfortable and impeccably made. And those colors....
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And Altieri himself likes the shoes much more once they have been used. Here is a pic of his shoes and mine. You can see that his have been properly worn in and how gorgeous they look with the self made creases. He even scolded/teased me a couple of times for not wearing mine enough! The fact that mine look almost brand new in this light/picture did not help.

f32c06b6_mm.png

Anyways, I ordered a pair of one of the prototype models. He helped me decide the final config and I am really looking forward to getting them. Should be a few weeks.

 

 A great insight, and please share which restaurant you went to :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)