Both are thick as hell. CCP Bison are 'softer' than the Augusta horse. But wouldn't describe either as 'soft'. In fact the horse is still as stiff and hard as they were when I bought them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 7/7/16 at 9:01pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 721post #10802 of 215644/18/14 at 1:57pmpost #10803 of 215644/18/14 at 2:40pmYou can order the older CCP tornado model which has a rounded toe and is generally wide. It is the SX model.
Not sure if you could do that with derbys though
Left: Older, wider more rounded version
Right: Newer, more pointed version
I think the newest iterations of the model on the right does not have super pointy toes akin to how they look when that particular model was just introduced. Cant confirm but CCP seems to have toned down the aggressiveness of it recentlypost #10804 of 215644/18/14 at 2:41pmpost #10805 of 215644/18/14 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by eton97
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I know what you are talking about. But this is 100% absolutely nothing to worry about.
If anything it's part of the overall aesthetic. His sneakers have rusted eyelets....the laces have rusted metal tips. The nails in the sole around the toe, heel and arch are probably discoloured from the dying process.
But tbh if you are worrying about small details like this, Augusta and CCP are probably not for you.
Simone and carol are not going to do anything that results in the footwear being 'damaged'
As I said before, on the whole, these things are built to last.Quote:Originally Posted by onijo84
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks, I don't mind the rust details but just wanted to be sure it's intentional and not a sign of the shoe falling apart or something.post #10806 of 215644/18/14 at 3:14pmpost #10807 of 215644/18/14 at 5:49pmpost #10808 of 215644/18/14 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #10809 of 215644/18/14 at 6:32pmpost #10810 of 215644/18/14 at 6:36pmpost #10811 of 215644/18/14 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #10812 of 215644/18/14 at 6:49pmpost #10813 of 215644/18/14 at 8:15pmpost #10814 of 215644/18/14 at 8:21pmThread Starterre: tornado zip models
I just received 3 or 4 emails on this subject…. for clarification & I think this right (where is BSR when you need him)?
AM/2521 sx regular tornado zip 2009 collection
AM/2521 mismatch tornado zip from 2009 collection
AM/2601(L) regular tornado 2010 collection- *** L (lined) only lined if you choose a non scarred reverse leather
2010 tornado zip is a bit sleeker in shape and also has a slimmer shaft.post #10815 of 215644/18/14 at 8:27pm
^^ yes BSR is the definitive reference but Tassos explained to me that the SX is the WIDER boot and sent me the earlier picture presented here with the mismatched pair white tornados as a reference regarding the difference. Indeed the SX boots I have are both like the left boot ( it.t wider ) Funny that Carol designed a mismatched toe box tornadoes but heyif anyone will do it it would have to be Carol.... I have a firend who received a special order tornados with one a full size biger then the other..
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Teach me about dress pants 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding