Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 9/11/16 at 5:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 698post #10457 of 217493/29/14 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by a bag of it
you guys really just threw a wrench into my whole decision making process. I think I like the guidi's more but it is hard to turn down higher quality shoes for less than the guidi's will cost.
Softer leather (kangaroo)
White sole edge
Less rigid construction
Lower heel(?) can someone confirm this?
(slightly) lower quality
perhaps less striking?
Won't get here until July
Smoother leather (cordovan)
Cheaper (by around $50)
Looks more yellowish to me
Extra long laces that wrap around (obviously not a huge deal)
Natural edge sole
Here is a picture for reference
Puh, this is bullshit. Cheaper means not lower quality.
Guidi = goodyear welted !!!
Layer-0 = blake welted => lower quality
From what i know only A1923, CCP and Guidi are goodyear welted. Right?post #10458 of 217493/29/14 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #10459 of 217493/29/14 at 7:35ampost #10460 of 217493/29/14 at 7:37amQuote:
This is a bit surprising, considering that even some cheap boots are goodyear welted (I have a pair of 200$ Sendra biker boots which have goodyear welt). Is it because goodyear welt in "fatto a mano" boots is much harder to do?post #10461 of 217493/29/14 at 9:23amOh the welting shit again. Guidi is Goodyear welted, layer 0, IS and MA+ are Blake welted, A1923 is hand welted, and I don't know about CCP. There is some variation, but this is the majority of what I see.
Now then. Quality wise, Blake stitching actually has less glue than Goodyear welting. It can be redone by a competing cobbler with a Blake machine. More importantly, especially for IS and MA+, Goodyear welts would look horrible for the aesthetic. Blake stitching is used because the aesthetic is about simplicity and the leather, and having a massive welt jutting out would throw a wrench in the works. Blake is different, but not worse, than Goodyear welting. Hand welting is better than both. We usually Vibram the boots and shoes in here anyway, so it doesn't matter.post #10462 of 217493/29/14 at 9:26ampost #10463 of 217493/29/14 at 9:28ampost #10464 of 217493/29/14 at 9:31ampost #10465 of 217493/29/14 at 9:47ampost #10466 of 217493/29/14 at 10:05ampost #10467 of 217493/29/14 at 11:51amI highly doubt that guidi is goodyear welted.
The difference between blake and good year in regards to styling really depends on how it's done. Though some of ma+ shoes could not have as clean of a line with goodyear, the double sole models could all have been done with good year (though the weren't). Just look at george cleverly or edward green goodyear welted lines to see how clean they can look.
Simone also said he worked for carpe diem, and that wasn't true. I don't believe they're hand welted.post #10468 of 217493/29/14 at 1:37pmpost #10469 of 217493/29/14 at 1:53pmpost #10470 of 217493/29/14 at 3:19pmFrom GBS- The designer of Augusta worked and trained as an assistant with Maurizio and has been able to benefit from all the resources, know-how and advantages doing so. Whether, he will be able to carve out his own truly individual thing and hang in there long enough to survive what many believe is the toughest business in the world...remains to be seen. He had a great master. Hopefully he was a good student. We wish him well.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things you just don't get 2 seconds ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 45 seconds ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...