Great pair of jeans. You want to go a size up than you normally are on the waist (I usually wear 30 waist but bought a 31--brand new they are a bit snug but these have not been washed or anything--so they will inevitably stretch a bit) but length is consistent with prior jeans. The best part are the details:
- Shape is modeled after a pair of 1960s Levi's 505s
- No external branding
- 14oz sanforized selvedge denim from Cone Mills
- Fabric and thread made in North Carolina
- Reproduction brass TALON "bell" zipper
- Solid copper rivets, made in Kentucky
- Inside waistband is 10oz cotton twill
- Pockets made from deadstock, WWII Swiss army bed linens
- Assembled on Union Special and Singer industrial machines
How can you go wrong with that?!
Also--just bought a pair of Oliver's duck pants. There, you want to go up 2 sizes on the waist--they are washed and shrunk, so I got a 32 waist. I also got a 34 length--they didn't have a 32 length bu the 34 length looked fine.
Hope this helps!