• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Orleans Tomorrow - any must hit spots?

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm heading down to New Orleans tomorrow - is there any places that I should not miss? I'm talking low rent hole in the walls up to fine dining. I think we're skirting the end of crawfish season, so I'm hoping we can find some place where the basically pile the table with crawfish. Also looking for proper po'boys and muffaletta sandwhich.

Also, if anyone has any strip club suggestions, I'll take those as well. We're going as part of a bachelor party trip.

Thanks!

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
already have reservations, glad to see someone else likes it.

braised

Reaction score
Go to Cochon for lunch.

The Shrimp and Grits at Luke were the best in town IMO.

B

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a deep affection for The Praline Connection, but I think they closed down the one in the warehouse district, which was my favorite.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Casamento's for oysters/oyster loaf. Liuzza's By the track for breathtaking beef po-boy. Central Grocery is the only muffaletta I've had and is the famous one. Other favorite po-boy shops are Domalise's, Parkway, Parasol, Verti Marte, etc.

There are a ton of boil shops around town where you can get crawfish and crabs, etc. I don't know that one is better than another, although the traditional seafood part of town is Bucktown, so if you want the best, I'd suspect it would be in that area. Sidmars and Deanies are both solid, but I've never been during crawfish season and don't know if they do crawfish. Call ahead. I don't much care - I usually just takeout a bunch of food from one of the viet shops, get a bunch of beer and go to the park/friend's backyard. Lately the boil shops have been taken over my the Vietnamese, so you might want to hunt down an authentic y'at boil shop for the real thing.

I don't much care for the most of the fine dining I've had in nola - a bit overrated. Cochon is cool. Irene's is great and fun. August is supposed to be the best in town currently; I haven't tried it yet (found Luke to be pretty poor). I really want to try Gautreaux's, but never have (it's number one on my to try list for my next visit). Galatoire's is always fun.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Po Boys are the easiest thing to find in New Orleans. Stop at any of those little shops as long as they aren't in the Quarter and you can pretty much count on a good one.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Orleans born and raised ... but now an expat who visits a few times a year.

I've liked Bayona since it opened.

SUPER K

Reaction score
ps Gold club and Rickys for strip joints in the quarter. Visions is a long cab ride.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strip clubs in New Orleans are disappointingly tame. Almost not worth going even though they're de rigueur for bachelor parties.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way when I went to Vegas. Apparently it's because I'm from Texas, where the strip clubs are better than in most places.

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Strip clubs in New Orleans are disappointingly tame. Almost not worth going even though they're de rigueur for bachelor parties.

True, the whole no nudity and dancing on a box is a little weird at first, but Rick's has a top shelf crew.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Central Groceries for muffaletta

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Johnny's poboys are the best in the quarter

Get a drink at tonique and lucy's. Lucy's only because a lot of good looking girls are usually there

Stella is the best restaurant in the city, but not a place for a b-party probably. I like the irene's suggestion.

Music at dba or anywhere on Frenchman

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drinks at Napoleon House.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics