or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › CONCACAF Gold Cup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CONCACAF Gold Cup - Page 3

post #31 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post
Ugh... I really don't want to come off as racist or anything like that, but it really disturbs me that a "home" game in LA has more Mexican fans turning out than those for the USA. And what's more, this rivalry just makes me angry every time I watch a run-in between the US and MX. Just cheap shots going everywhere, no flow to the game, and it looks to me like it's all Mexico's doing every time.

I mean, seriously... pouring urine on Donovan as he walks out of the tunnel at the Azteca to shouts of "I just fucked your mom!"? Way to stay classy, Mexico.

My wife is Mexican, and therefore my daughter 1/2. But WTF?!

(then again I could just be looking for excuses as to why the US sucked it up this tournament...)

* Cross post from Football 2011/2012 thread

You're not alone. I wasn't surprised either but still saddened when the announcers were saying that it was an overwhelmingly Mexican crowd pregame.

I also felt that early on the officiating was favoring Mexico. A few no calls on what looked to be fouls followed by Donovan's weak yellow card, with nothing called when Adu got kicked in the face.

Losing Cherundulo was a huge loss. Our defense fell apart and hats off to Mexico in exposing our weaknesses. The back line looked pathetic and unless the US can somehow figure out how to strengthen it immensely, they aren't going to go anywhere in the international game. I thought Adu played great and it was good to see that.
post #32 of 73
I'm still in awe over that Di Santos goal. The man singlehandedly made a mockery of the US defense.
post #33 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC2823 View Post

Losing Cherundulo was a huge loss. Our defense fell apart and hats off to Mexico in exposing our weaknesses. The back line looked pathetic and unless the US can somehow figure out how to strengthen it immensely, they aren't going to go anywhere in the international game. I thought Adu played great and it was good to see that.

Why isn't Jay DeMerit on the squad anymore? He should have come in for Cherundolo.
Looking forward to seeing Adu and Altidore on the field together. They have some real chemistry going.
post #34 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
if you know the history of Donovan he asks for this treatment from mexican fans.

What does one have to do to justify urine/vomit being dumped on one's head? Pissing on a pitch, behind a bush, when the locker rooms were locked? Sure Donovan's arrogant, but arrogance isn't something to deserve that. If that were the case there'd be no need for urinals at any sporting event.
post #35 of 73
So what happens with Bradley?
post #36 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullytra View Post
What does one have to do to justify urine/vomit being dumped on one's head? Pissing on a pitch, behind a bush, when the locker rooms were locked? Sure Donovan's arrogant, but arrogance isn't something to deserve that. If that were the case there'd be no need for urinals at any sporting event.

ok he is also fucking moron as well. knowing full well how serious the rivalry is between the two and having already a rep for being a cunt you do not piss on the pitch... you wait , you piss in bottle who knows what you do but eh gesture will only confirm you are a bigger dick and have no respect whatsoever...
let say you do nto have toilet paper but countries flag is near you after shitting, what do you do?
post #37 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
let say you do nto have toilet paper but countries flag is near you after shitting, what do you do?

You are so fucking stupid that the internet is worried you'll tarnish its reputation.
post #38 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
let say you do nto have toilet paper but countries flag is near you after shitting, what do you do?
for the rest of it conisidering the popularity of football in general in the us why do you think it is odd that there are more mexican fans in the stadiums?[/quote] great game from mexico. it was like the nba finals... because although we have athletes that maybe be faster/bigger/taller it still was team +talent winning in the end. I just don't understand why Bradley didn't just clamp down on defense after 2-0 for the rest of the half. Those two goals were earned, but from the start Mexico was just on fire offensively. Being up 2-0 with the game going like that (where mexico had 3 legitimate chances to score already) is like winning a huge pot playing a cash game in poker... bradley should have clamped down on defense for the rest of the half... then maybe try to trick them with good offense in the latter part of the game.
post #39 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
I'm still in awe over that Di Santos goal.

The man singlehandedly made a mockery of the US defense.

That was a moment of brilliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
Why isn't Jay DeMerit on the squad anymore? He should have come in for Cherundolo.
Looking forward to seeing Adu and Altidore on the field together. They have some real chemistry going.

I don't know. I just assumed he was hurt. I'm actually starting to think that the U.S. can put together a pretty formidable midfield and attack. Bradley's playing a lot better than I expected and I've always liked both Donovan and Dempsey. If Altidore and Adu can develop their game, Holden comes back strong, and the other midfielders just not suck, they should be alright. I really don't like their defense though. Except for Howard, I just don't think they have the caliber of players to compete with any of the top 10 teams.
post #40 of 73
DeMerit was playing last night for Vancouver.
post #41 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
DeMerit was playing last night for Vancouver.

Yes, he doesn't even appear on the US roster anymore. I don't get this as he's a hell of a lot better than Bornstein.
post #42 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
Yes, he doesn't even appear on the US roster anymore. I don't get this as he's a hell of a lot better than Bornstein.

That's not saying much... but yeah I agree.
post #43 of 73
I don't know - I think it might just be time for Bradley Sr. to move on. Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful for that "deep" run into the WC, winning the group and all, but it's time to focus somewhere else. I think Donovan is a decent player, but he and Dempsey will be 32-33 by Brazil 2014, and here in what will probably be their swansong tourney, they let down, losing to their biggest rivals at home (kind of... ). It was kind of interesting to see Adu again, and he played better than I would have expected the journeyman to do. Is he still at Aris in Greece? Who does he club for? I think if Holden can stay healthy, he and Adu can form a creative midfield hub in the future, especially with Bradley and Jones in there too. I'm almost accustomed to Jozy letting me down. That kid needs to get drastically better in just about every aspect of his game. He's been kind of getting caps by default (especially after Davies accident), but I think the US needs to figure out that principal striker position, and quickly. Agudelo looks promising, but I just don't know for now. Yeah - the defense needs a overhaul. I was surprised that DeMerit wasn't called up for the Gold Cup because he seemed like a rock in the WC, especially with Gooch all over the place form-wise. I'll be interested to see how Lichaj (?sp.) develops. Hopefully we don't lose him to a senior Eastern European side ala Subotic. In all, I don't think qualifying for Brazil2014 will be a huge issue in and of itself, but to make a respectable run the US needs to start cleaning house now.
post #44 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post
I'll be interested to see how Lichaj (?sp.) develops. Hopefully we don't lose him to a senior Eastern European side ala Subotic.

Not possible. Lichaj has played in official (see: non-friendly) games for the US, and so cannot switch allegiances like Jermaine Jones. Subotic merely represented the US at youth levels, but chose to represent Serbia as a full international.
post #45 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post
Not possible. Lichaj has played in official (see: non-friendly) games for the US, and so cannot switch allegiances like Jermaine Jones. Subotic merely represented the US at youth levels, but chose to represent Serbia as a full international.

Yeah, I knew that at heart. Just misspoke, writing too fast before I thought it out. Thanks for public clarification though.

Still bitter at Subotic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › CONCACAF Gold Cup