• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To talk about any and all GOT topics including spoilers. Nerds Only.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy about this thread. Great idea.

I felt the last book was subpar. A lot happened, yet nothing really. I just kept waiting for some cool developments, but was constantly left wanting. Arya was cool though, and I hope she gets some chapters in the next novel. Her stories is one of the better ones.

Also: Rhaegar.... Jons true father?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Happy about this thread. Great idea.

I felt the last book was subpar. A lot happened, yet nothing really. I just kept waiting for some cool developments, but was constantly left wanting. Arya was cool though, and I hope she gets some chapters in the next novel. Her stories is one of the better ones.

Also: Rhaegar.... Jons true father?

TO me that one just feels obvious. Why else would 3 of the old Kingsguard be in the middle of freaking nowhere in Dorne guarding Lyanna Stark unless she was pregnant with Rhaegar's baby, Jon.

Has anyone read the Tyrion spoiler chapter from ADWD yet? I'm excited.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I read the last book so fast just trying to find out what would happen with the major plot lines that I don't remember all the details that well. And of course I found out exactly nothing final about the major plot lines. I really hope he can resolve some loose ends all ready.

Every time I think the Stark kids might actually settle or reunite they just get pushed further and further afield. This series will ultimately be judged on how GM can resolve all the plot lines and tie them into a cohesive meaningful whole.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Honestly I read the last book so fast just trying to find out what would happen with the major plot lines that I don't remember all the details that well. And of course I found out exactly nothing final about the major plot lines. I really hope he can resolve some loose ends all ready.

Every time I think the Stark kids might actually settle or reunite they just get pushed further and further afield. This series will ultimately be judged on how GM can resolve all the plot lines and tie them into a cohesive meaningful whole.

It seems to be growing further and further apart, and the old main characters are dying or being left behind, with random other stuff happening (Catelyn Stark?!). With some of the major plots growing wider, others (such as the dragons) still seemingly at it's early stages, and so many new ones..... I can't see how this will be only 7 books long.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
I wonder if ressurected Lady Stark will be killed again by Jon.

i doubt it. i don't get a "north of the wall undead" vibe from her.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
I wonder if ressurected Lady Stark will be killed again by Jon.

No, she's not that type of undead.

Hmm, Jon a son of dragon blood? Hmm. Not bad. Would tie Stark blood together...my only thought is that would make the eventual Ragnarok type battle between cousins as we all know Dragon Lady is coming. I've been wondering if Jon doesn't become King. If he is really Ned's son then he can marry Dannarys and perfect ending with new king and queen.

Okay, Jamie becomes a good guy? He seems ripe for that.

The Hound? He was the big dood digging or doing gardening at that holy retreat. He's not dead.

What happens to the fat guy with the hot daughter he locked up? That I want to find more on.

Brand. Some major plot line revolves around him. Maybe he's the one that talks to The Others or somehow turns the tide when the attack from north of the wall happens. Maybe Jon and Brand defeat all comers?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
No, she's not that type of undead.

Hmm, Jon a son of dragon blood? Hmm. Not bad. Would tie Stark blood together...my only thought is that would make the eventual Ragnarok type battle between cousins as we all know Dragon Lady is coming. I've been wondering if Jon doesn't become King. If he is really Ned's son then he can marry Dannarys and perfect ending with new king and queen.

Okay, Jamie becomes a good guy? He seems ripe for that.

The Hound? He was the big dood digging or doing gardening at that holy retreat. He's not dead.

What happens to the fat guy with the hot daughter he locked up? That I want to find more on.

Brand. Some major plot line revolves around him. Maybe he's the one that talks to The Others or somehow turns the tide when the attack from north of the wall happens. Maybe Jon and Brand defeat all comers?

I'm thinking that Jon and Dragon lady might get married. It is even foreshadowed a little in the first book when Dannarys mentions that the targarians (sp?) always married within the family.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I'm thinking that Jon and Dragon lady might get married. It is even foreshadowed a little in the first book when Dannarys mentions that the targarians (sp?) always married within the family.

Jon is too Stark to marry a cousin. I think. Btw, they married brother to sister I believe.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i didnt read the books, but i did read spoilers before the show and find it pretty lame that they kill off all the cool characters over and over... other than that its pretty cool

Can anyone weigh in on what the point to this book series is? sounds like it can just go on forever?
is there going to be a 6th book?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^There is no end in sight.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Jon will marry Daenerys because, as seen by his rejection of Stannis and the offer of Winterfell and the North, he values his vows as a man of the Night's Watch too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads