or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away. - Page 8

post #106 of 225
Just finished it here as well. Damn, did not see some of those coming. Much better than AFFC.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is not permanently dead. It seems like too cruel even for GRRM to kill him like this, and it sets him up perfectly to be revived zombie-like by Melisandre.
2. I don't think Stannis and company are dead either. the note could be karstark shenanigans, or the bait set by Snow's murderers. The Boltons at winterfell still have the issue of their own mysterious murders.
3. Freys continue to die. Fuck em all!
4. No littlefinger in this one made me frown.gif
5. I can't wait to see how arya will be reintroduced into the main story.

post #107 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Is the paperback ever coming out? I don't really feel like paying 20 for something I won't read again

Go check it out from the library you lazy sot.

You know what I didn't even think of this. Thanks.
post #108 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertorex View Post

Just finished it here as well. Damn, did not see some of those coming. Much better than AFFC.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is not permanently dead. It seems like too cruel even for GRRM to kill him like this, and it sets him up perfectly to be revived zombie-like by Melisandre.
2. I don't think Stannis and company are dead either. the note could be karstark shenanigans, or the bait set by Snow's murderers. The Boltons at winterfell still have the issue of their own mysterious murders.
3. Freys continue to die. Fuck em all!
4. No littlefinger in this one made me frown.gif
5. I can't wait to see how arya will be reintroduced into the main story.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I don't think hes dead either. Leaves too much of a hole in the storylines. My first thought was that Melisandre will raise him, and he'll feel some debt. I must admit I'm hating her part in the story. Everytime she's mentioned, it just gets.....frustrating.

2. Same again. Melisandre was saying he can't/won't die, I tend to believe it. Plus, everything going that bad at once....doubtful.
3. biggrin.gif
4. frown.gif
5. Arya since the first book has been my 2nd favourite character. I'm hoping she actually does some stuff besides merely training (for the last 5 books...)
post #109 of 225
Damn it! I want to click the spoilers so badly! Its killing me!
post #110 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Damn it! I want to click the spoilers so badly! Its killing me!

Oh it must be horrible... Just one little click..... so close.....

it would ruin the book, but here's the biggest spoiler yet: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Why would you click this? You have no will power....
post #111 of 225
I don't know if it's because of the television series that's making people more interested in the novels, but I visited a number of libraries and none of them can keep these Song of Ice and Fire books on the shelf for more than a few seconds. I looked up Dance of Dragons in the catalogs and there's nothing on the shelf + loooong list of holds.

I bought a copy of the paperback AFFC and picked up where I left off two months ago (and I've retained most of it surprisingly)

Random thought -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just finished with the chapter where Cersei gets her ass locked up, pretty satisfying seeing things go totally wrong for her. biggrin.gif
post #112 of 225
Uggh after seeing the wait I said fuggit and impulse copped.
post #113 of 225
Omg omg omg FINALLY go my copy of Dance with Dragons in my hands right now. The wait has been killing me since I left two days before the book was actually released and have been in non-English speaking countries this whole time.
post #114 of 225
Just downloaded ADWD on my nook (in the middle of a transcontinental flight, no less). $14.99 and no stock outs icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #115 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertorex View Post

Just finished it here as well. Damn, did not see some of those coming. Much better than AFFC.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is not permanently dead. It seems like too cruel even for GRRM to kill him like this, and it sets him up perfectly to be revived zombie-like by Melisandre.
2. I don't think Stannis and company are dead either. the note could be karstark shenanigans, or the bait set by Snow's murderers. The Boltons at winterfell still have the issue of their own mysterious murders.
3. Freys continue to die. Fuck em all!
4. No littlefinger in this one made me frown.gif
5. I can't wait to see how arya will be reintroduced into the main story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. I don't think hes dead either. Leaves too much of a hole in the storylines. My first thought was that Melisandre will raise him, and he'll feel some debt. I must admit I'm hating her part in the story. Everytime she's mentioned, it just gets.....frustrating.

2. Same again. Melisandre was saying he can't/won't die, I tend to believe it. Plus, everything going that bad at once....doubtful.
3. biggrin.gif
4. frown.gif
5. Arya since the first book has been my 2nd favourite character. I'm hoping she actually does some stuff besides merely training (for the last 5 books...)
I just finished it last night. I enjoyed it very much. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1) I agree with this one. I also wonder if he's not going to somehow merge/meld with Ghost. The warg with the giant boar recognized him immediately (called him "brother") as a skinchanger. So perhaps he's going to survive that way.
2) One of the things I like about the books is how we get a dose of misinformation (like the characters themselves) before eventually (several books later?) finding out what really happened.
3) Stupid Freys.
4) Yeah, I wanted to see what was happening with him and Sansa (although she is quite irritating most of the time).
5) I like how her training is giving us some insight into the Faceless Men. It's so satisfying to see some of those things explored in greater depth.
post #116 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Apparently, this is not the case.

How so? That is the case.
post #117 of 225
Just finished the book. My reaction: meh...

Will discuss in greater detail once more people have finished.
post #118 of 225
What I hated about this book:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So much happened, yet nothing resolved. At all.
post #119 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post

What I hated about this book:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So much happened, yet nothing resolved. At all.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I see what you mean here. This doesn't piss me off so soon after reading the book and I don't mind it so much in manga when there's a new chapter released every week, but when you write at the pace of GRRM and one year between books becomes six, this does suck.
post #120 of 225
I got my book 2 days ago and just finished.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Grrm you fucking asshole. I fucking hate your fat ass

why the fuck would you kill jon snow? now a majority of your beloved original characters are dead. ARGHHh

Edited by indesertum - 7/24/11 at 2:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.