or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy - Page 67

post #991 of 1009

I second that. Indy was made for commando sole. Like peanut butter and jelly

post #992 of 1009

I would be in but commando is a must

post #993 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post

UPDATE: Steven at Leffot has sent off the order to Alden for the Ravello cap toe boot. Again, about 4-5 months from here before he receives the acknowledgement.

Still waiting on a couple more email addresses, and then I'll have all the info Kathy at Alden D.C. needs to do the same.

- K

2+ years.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.

Wonder what pile of Ravello orders this one is lying under in Mass....
post #994 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

2+ years.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.

Wonder what pile of Ravello orders this one is lying under in Mass....

Hahaha. Who knows....there's so many pre-orders for Ravello I don't think anyone can keep track. Brixton boot is already at 3 years now.
post #995 of 1009
Beatle - at what point do you get out of that order? Or not...
post #996 of 1009

Considering all the other MTO shoe/boot options on this forum (Carmina, Vass & Viberg), I'm surprised that people are sticking w/ Alden

post #997 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Considering all the other MTO shoe/boot options on this forum (Carmina, Vass & Viberg), I'm surprised that people are sticking w/ Alden

Nobody finishes shell like alden
post #998 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Beatle - at what point do you get out of that order? Or not...

I think I'm going down with this ship on this one. Worst case scenario I think I would contact Mike and ask if I could get my money back, but still keep an option to reserve my pair once they are finally produced. Not sure if I'd be able to do that or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Nobody finishes shell like alden

This. I have C&J for RL Lindrick boots in brown shell and I've had a pair of cognac shell wingtips from Carmina (which I had to return for fit issues), but the shell didn't really compare to what I've seen from Alden.
post #999 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I think I'm going down with this ship on this one. Worst case scenario I think I would contact Mike and ask if I could get my money back, but still keep an option to reserve my pair once they are finally produced. Not sure if I'd be able to do that or not.


Last week I contacted Epaulet and asked them to refund my deposit for the whiskey boots, but keep me on the waiting list in case the boots eventually came in. They were happy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

This. I have C&J for RL Lindrick boots in brown shell and I've had a pair of cognac shell wingtips from Carmina (which I had to return for fit issues), but the shell didn't really compare to what I've seen from Alden.

I have the Lindrick boots as well, and imho they are just as nice as my Aldens. I love the color.
post #1000 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefner View Post

Last week I contacted Epaulet and asked them to refund my deposit for the whiskey boots, but keep me on the waiting list in case the boots eventually came in. They were happy to do so.
I have the Lindrick boots as well, and imho they are just as nice as my Aldens. I love the color.

I got refunded for the whiskey boot pre-order a while ago, I had too many pre-orders out there (I think I was up to 5 at that time) and had to get out of some of them. I ordered a size 12C with the Ravello Brixton pre-order, so maybe I could get refunded now and then still be able to reserve my size when they come in. Although, I paid in full at a lower price (I think $665), so if I get refunded and then have to buy them when they're in stock, I'm sure the retail price will jump around $100 when they get put up for sale.

I agree, I like my Lindricks a lot too, the quality overall is great, but they don't have that same kind of luster that Alden shell has.
post #1001 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I got refunded for the whiskey boot pre-order a while ago, I had too many pre-orders out there (I think I was up to 5 at that time) and had to get out of some of them. I ordered a size 12C with the Ravello Brixton pre-order, so maybe I could get refunded now and then still be able to reserve my size when they come in. Although, I paid in full at a lower price (I think $665), so if I get refunded and then have to buy them when they're in stock, I'm sure the retail price will jump around $100 when they get put up for sale.

I agree, I like my Lindricks a lot too, the quality overall is great, but they don't have that same kind of luster that Alden shell has.

My Marlow wingtips are some of my favorite shoes, but Alden shell shines up easier and glows brighter than most other cordovan shoes.
post #1002 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Hey All-

i am trying to see if we can get enough people to do an MTO for the following boot.  

Dark Brown Suede Cap Toe
Barrie Last
Double leather soles
360 degree double stitch reverse welt
Eyelets and speed hooks 

this was a makeup from Moulded Shoe a few years ago.  The only change I would prefer would be a commando sole and all eyelets but that is not a deal breaker for me.  I figure not changing anything should make getting this confirmed easier.  I am also hoping that since it is not shell cordovan the wait will not be forever, however, I have heard that it may still be up to two years.

to my knowledge no other retailer has a similar makeup in the pipeline. Moulded Shoe does do a perforated cap toe on the modified last but it is mostly sold out and not on reorder at the moment. I would first try Rafael at Moulded shoe since they originally did the makeup. If he cannot do it I will try Alden DC as I am local.  


I'm guessing that this mto never got off the ground or is it still in the works?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #1003 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Wingtip Plaza Last Boot Preorder

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all of your patience. We've formally built out the Whiskey Shell Wingtip Boot on our website, and we're accepting deposits on it now. Preorders will be open until next Saturday the 4th.
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1366/Alden-Whiskey-Shell-Wingtip/Detail

I had a great meeting with Alden last week, and I feel very confident doing these special order projects. Arranging it through our website as such keeps it very organized for us.

In terms of lead time, I wrote the order terms to reflect the worst case and slowest scenario. We're in the top tier of Alden retailers, and we generally get very good deliveries on makeups. But, as you know, Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar can sometimes come with very long lead times, and there's no way for me to expedite the process.

But speaking of lead times, I was quoted pretty good ones for non-shell styles. Materials like calf, suede, scotch grain, chromexcel, chamois, etc. We generally get normal shoes/boots in about 8 months and styles with handsewing (tanker boots, NST's) in around 10 months. If you're interested in something like that, we can put together a preorder quickly and most likely get delivery in the mid-to-late Fall.



Just over 2 years now.
post #1004 of 1009
^ hahaha...it's funny to look back at this thread now. Epaulet's Ravello Brixton boot is at 37 months and hasn't been confirmed by Alden yet. I'm pretty sure that one is never getting made.
post #1005 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Just over 2 years now.

Is anyone else still in on this MTO (Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Wingtip Plaza Last Boot ) from Epaulet? I'm wondering if I should request my deposit back or hang in there and pass the pre-order on to my grandchildren.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy