Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC Last post on 12/23/15 at 10:30am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Alden 404 Indy Kudu 8D (Fits 8.5D) New In Box (June 13 Final Drop for Quick Sale) Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- Alden Cigar Shell Chukkas 8EEE worn 8-9 times, FREE SHIPPING Last post on 10/30/11 at 5:02pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden MTO Forum Group Buy - Page 58post #857 of 11075/2/12 at 3:21pmIRL, the matched (brass) eyelets look pretty subdued. I ordered some J.Crew suede longwings (but returned them as they were the final confirmation that the Barrie last is failure for me), and I really liked the look of them on that shoe.
Keeps it a touch "casual" (which is a funny word for a shoe that 99% of people will see as a essentially a dress shoe).post #858 of 11075/3/12 at 2:30pmpost #859 of 11075/3/12 at 3:11pmpost #860 of 11075/3/12 at 3:12pmpost #861 of 11075/3/12 at 6:26pmpost #862 of 11075/3/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
Sounds like a nice make up but I'll pass.post #863 of 11075/3/12 at 7:30pmpost #864 of 11075/3/12 at 7:52pmpost #865 of 11075/3/12 at 7:56pmpost #866 of 11075/4/12 at 1:39amQuote:
Sorry guys, would really like to get in on these, but, upon further consideration, I know I've got a number of other shoe lineup spots that need to be filled in first.post #867 of 11075/5/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by mr chorizo
I hear you...let's keep an eye on that make up. the shoe mart has a plaintoe version of that exact boot, but i understand if you guys are going for the cap.
On my end, I found one more picture of the mcnairy to show how the contrast can read. again, shell would pop much more than the calf here, but it's a good indication of this make up. I actually think both of the combinations are pretty money.
im tapped out ATM but LOVE this idea
left shoe makeup is def better IMO if your gonna do itpost #868 of 11075/5/12 at 7:56pmpost #869 of 11075/5/12 at 7:58pmpost #870 of 11075/5/12 at 8:11pm
Half seems like a little too much. I would expect the vendor to ask for a deposit equivalent or slightly higher than the cost basis. I don't know the mark up on Alden, but I'm guessing 200%. So on a $500 shoe/boot that would be about $160. Of course, since we can't order for ourselves, the vendor can ask whatever he wants.Return Home
- Alden MTO Forum Group Buy
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Cigars 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...