or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy - Page 49

post #721 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Why is the period on pre-order so short. 350 USD is a lot of money and I reckon not everyone is in the position to make a deposit in such a short time...

If you can't drop $350 right this second you really should not be spending $700 on shoes.sorry to be that guy

I wouldn't pre order them unless I was OK with walking into a store and paying $650 cash. Anything else is just sketchy mental accounting
post #722 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post

hello, could anyone please tell me if the original MTO ravello captoe boot is being made??? if not, i will sign up for the pre-order of this "obscura" boot. i know that kathy of alden dc already put the order in for the whiskey indy boot for the other MTO but i haven't heard of anything for the ravello captoe. if anyone could let me know before the epaulet 2/11 deadline, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Id be curious about any updates to this also. I am in on the ravello cap toe and it is still my preferred make up, but if for any reason it isnt happening, I would go with one of these other ones.
post #723 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post

hello, could anyone please tell me if the original MTO ravello captoe boot is being made??? if not, i will sign up for the pre-order of this "obscura" boot. i know that kathy of alden dc already put the order in for the whiskey indy boot for the other MTO but i haven't heard of anything for the ravello captoe. if anyone could let me know before the epaulet 2/11 deadline, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Id be curious about any updates to this also. I am in on the ravello cap toe and it is still my preferred make up, but if for any reason it isnt happening, I would go with one of these other ones.

I sent a PM to member kgmessier who spearheaded our drive for this MTO and he's confirmed that it's definitely still a go.
post #724 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

I sent a PM to member kgmessier who spearheaded our drive for this MTO and he's confirmed that it's definitely still a go.

Sweet, thanks.
post #725 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

If you can't drop $350 right this second you really should not be spending $700 on shoes.sorry to be that guy
I wouldn't pre order them unless I was OK with walking into a store and paying $650 cash. Anything else is just sketchy mental accounting

Really? With an 18-24 month window? I disagree. While I like to pay for stuff in full, with two kids at home, sometimes shit happens, and I don't have $100 extra cash at the end of some months, let alone $350. If the pre-order time was short, I'd be more likely to agree with you, but for me these long pre-orders are saving goals. I put away $75-100 a month, don't even feel it, and in 8 months time, the shoe is paid for. And then you're still waiting another 10-16 months for the shoe to come in...
post #726 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Really? With an 18-24 month window? I disagree. While I like to pay for stuff in full, with two kids at home, sometimes shit happens, and I don't have $100 extra cash at the end of some months, let alone $350. If the pre-order time was short, I'd be more likely to agree with you, but for me these long pre-orders are saving goals. I put away $75-100 a month, don't even feel it, and in 8 months time, the shoe is paid for. And then you're still waiting another 10-16 months for the shoe to come in...

I think the idea of "saving monthly" in order to pay for discretionary, luxury items is really just mental accounting to make you feel better about the purchase.

at the end of the day, $700 is $700 is $700. it doesn't really matter if you take it out of your kids college fund today, or if it comes from 18 month savings out of your coin jar - it's worth the same either way, has the same spending utility either way, and is probably roughly the same % of your income either way. you could take that $700 in 18 months and put into your retirement fund, or the college fund, or towards rent, or towards any other things - just as I assume you could do now with $700 you have saved up in some bank account. it doesn't matter, but "saving up" makes you feel better about spending it on shoes

this is much different than saving up for retirement - money you *know* you'll need to be spending later.

this is all a longer way of saying what I said above - if you are ok with dropping $700 right now, that's great. but that's really the only logical way a $700 pre-order should make sense as well.
post #727 of 1009
What will the obscura boot look similar to, when all's said and done?
post #728 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

What will the obscura boot look similar to, when all's said and done?

This is the Obscura:

233
post #729 of 1009
If you want to see the Obscura just look at my last post in the Alden thread. It has the boot and the shoe, which does have the medallion on the toe.
post #730 of 1009
One of the best features of the Obsura boot is the oversized brogue holes on the cap. I hope this gets incorporated into the EP make-up.
post #731 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

If you can't drop $350 right this second you really should not be spending $700 on shoes.sorry to be that guy
I wouldn't pre order them unless I was OK with walking into a store and paying $650 cash. Anything else is just sketchy mental accounting

Well, not that I can't drop big cash on luxueuze items. But money can only be spend once. I happen to have more intetests than just Alden agora. With a production process of 12 to 18 months I just thought the pre-order period was quite short.

@ Mike:

If you do a pre-order in the best future for about the same item, I'll be on it. Can't have all at once. Momotaro's are quite lovely too wink.gif

Edit: Texting on mobile sucks.
post #732 of 1009
So what is the deal with this group buy? Is it happening?

Is it still possible to get in?

I REALLY want the MTO02 boots.. Actually, I'd go for either of them.
post #733 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

If you guys want to do a calfskin makeup, then we could keep that open for a month. I could send a order for as many units as you guys want to buy. I've seen the "Obscura" in tan calfskin and it's a great looking piece. Would probably come out around $500.

 Count me in on the Obscura calfskin, if on a TruBalance last! smile.gif
 

 

post #734 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

 Count me in on the Obscura calfskin, if on a TruBalance last! smile.gif

 

M'eh good luck with that. Seems like all the rage these days in here is for people with skinny feet.
post #735 of 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by akg101 View Post

So what is the deal with this group buy? Is it happening?
Is it still possible to get in?


BUMP....which are the make ups that I can be a part of ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy