or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy - Page 70

post #1036 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelp3 View Post
 

Any thoughts on getting a more accessible shell wingtip boot order going?

 

I'd be willing to do:  Brown or #8 shell, plaza last, short wing, mini lug sole  (similar to LeathersSoul's plaza wingtip boot)

I'll be in for exactly this if it can be arranged 

post #1037 of 1043

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

...

Ouch.  I was just complaining about how far the welt sticks out from the shoe in another thread and this pic demonstrates it so clearly.  Here's how they used to be:

post #1038 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
 

Ouch.  I was just complaining about how far the welt sticks out from the shoe in another thread and this pic demonstrates it so clearly.  Here's how they used to be:

 

 

Ha, thats not sticking out at all! The LeatherSoul Balmoral that you quoted was designed specifically with an Extra Wide Welt Line and was intended to have a more formal styling. Your (unlined?) LHS clearly does not have an extra long welt like the LS Semi-Brogue does...

 

-Mike

post #1039 of 1043
What in the hell was the Thor boot?
post #1040 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

What in the hell was the Thor boot?

 

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/303979/alden-mto-boot-group-order-via-alden-dc

 

Here is all the information about the Thor Boot.

post #1041 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

 

Ha, thats not sticking out at all! The LeatherSoul Balmoral that you quoted was designed specifically with an Extra Wide Welt Line and was intended to have a more formal styling. Your (unlined?) LHS clearly does not have an extra long welt like the LS Semi-Brogue does...

 

-Mike


Thanks Mike.  Interesting that extra wide can be specified and that it would be considered formal.  To me it looks much less refined and thus less formal.  I was at the SF Alden store a week or so ago and most shoes had welts about that wide.  It's kept me from purchasing Aldens in the past several years.

 

Yep, that's the unlined version.  

post #1042 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

What in the hell was the Thor boot?

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/303979/alden-mto-boot-group-order-via-alden-dc/135#post_5540268

 

Thor.jpg

post #1043 of 1043
Wow interesting thread! Will have to keep my eyes on this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: