• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've no interest in women of my generation.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They just don't do it for me. Should I perhaps spend more time at Bingo Night?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
or maybe less time on sf and more time with women

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
or maybe less time on sf and more time with women
Tried it last night. It was a total bust (pun intended).

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black women in the 70s
inlove.gif

Black women now
frown.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And before someone makes the requisite gay joke, I have considered becoming a homosexualist. Unfortunately, I just can't go through with it.

Samovar McGee

Reaction score
Good thing I've been practicing my I-Ching, Barnabas Collins style. Give me a month, I'll have conjured you up a few from the Victorian era in no time!

Samovar McGee

Reaction score
In all seriousness, keep trying. You just haven't met someone incredible yet. You will, I'm sure of it. :]

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question...

I'm assuming your in school? What do you do other than class?

I used to get all pissed like this sometimes, but once I branched out and met a **** ton of people; it all dissolved. I'd bet that you'd feel the same way even if you were part of the generation prior; people are all the same!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now, I'm off for the summer. I go back in the Fall.

In the meantime, where might be a good place to find women that substantial conversation can be had with? That's really all I am looking for here! Based on my limited experience, I have yet to find proof such a creature exists.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Right now, I'm off for the summer. I go back in the Fall. In the meantime, where might be a good place to find women that substantial conversation can be had with? That's really all I am looking for here! Based on my limited experience, I have yet to find proof such a creature exists.
The Alzheimer's ward?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now, I'm off for the summer. I go back in the Fall.

In the meantime, where might be a good place to find women that substantial conversation can be had with? That's really all I am looking for here! Based on my limited experience, I have yet to find proof such a creature exists.

I'm out and about six nights a week usually - bars, restaurants, parks. You just have to meet people; they introduce you to their friends - and eventually you have a solid network. There is always somewhere to go every night for cheap (and I live in a small city); just concentrate of enjoying yourself, and don't refer to women as creatures.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
I'm out and about six nights a week usually - bars, restaurants, parks. You just have to meet people; they introduce you to their friends - and eventually you have a solid network. There is always somewhere to go every night for cheap (and I live in a small city); just concentrate of enjoying yourself, and don't refer to women as creatures.
You see, I was thinking about this last night. My friend and I were bar hopping after dinner, and it's all so contrived and preconceived; the women there are expecting men to hit on them and try to strike up meaningless and desultory conversation. It's all about the environment. I think if one were to approach a woman in a different setting, other the common bar, restaurant, club, it would be a much different scenario. The unpredictability is, in my opinion, what makes it a bit more interesting. So, that is why I am spending a lot of time in fancy cheese shops and at Farmer's Markets.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the meantime, where might be a good place to find women that substantial conversation can be had with?

Finding girls like this isn't some difficult. Finding attractive girls like this, however...

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Finding girls like this isn't some difficult. Finding attractive girls like this, however...
YES. I had so many good openings last night. But the majority of women on the Lower West Side at 2 A.M. are unfortunately very slovenly looking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads