or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Just can't get myself to wear (soil/tarnish) the new Darltons..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just can't get myself to wear (soil/tarnish) the new Darltons.. - Page 5

post #61 of 71
Man up and wear them. I've never been a fan of people who buy things who can't really afford them. Ex: All those guys who buy luxury sports cars but are afraid to drive them like they deserve.
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrp View Post
So I'm the only one who uses a little sandpaper on the soles before I wear them to get them scuffed up enough that I have traction?
I wear my new shoes while walking the dog before work. The gravel lot behind my apartment does wonders.
post #63 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachting Man View Post
Man up and wear them. I've never been a fan of people who buy things who can't really afford them. Ex: All those guys who buy luxury sports cars but are afraid to drive them like they deserve.
LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary. Humble by NYC standards, but I'm pretty sure I can afford some nice shoes. In fact, I already have my eye on the next pair... Also, it's a silly assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them. There are a host of reasons why that happens, including the fact that it was a silly impulse/status purchase enabled by their wealth.
post #64 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.
While they are expensive shoes, I'm pretty sure I can afford them.

Also, it's a moronic assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them.

post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.
Humble by NYC standards, but I'm pretty sure I can afford some nice shoes.
In fact, I already have my eye on the next pair...

Also, it's a silly assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them.
There are a host of reasons why that happens, including the fact that it was a silly impulse/status purchase enabled by their wealth.

pretty sad that you posted this.
post #66 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post
Get some cloth tape from CVS and stick it to the bottom of your shoes.

Beat me to the punch
post #67 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.

On the internet, every man is a six-foot-six millionaire with no excess body fat, who could buy whatever he wants, he just doesn't want to.
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan View Post
On the internet, every man is a six-foot-six millionaire with no excess body fat, who could buy whatever he wants, he just doesn't want to.

I prefer 6' exactly. Anything over 6' and you can potentially be called too tall by some petite women; and there are just too many beautiful petite women to run this risk.
post #69 of 71
I'm an 11. Send them to me, I'll wear them for a few weeks for you. You foot the postage though.
post #70 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post
I prefer 6' exactly. Anything over 6' and you can potentially be called too tall by some petite women; and there are just too many beautiful petite women to run this risk.

As long as you mean petite in both height and width, I agree
post #71 of 71
Thread Starter 
Like I said, those are very humble stats in NY. Quite common, in fact. Anyone bragging about something so pedestrian would embarrass himself However, it does indicate one can afford a pair of $500 shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Just can't get myself to wear (soil/tarnish) the new Darltons..