or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What degree subject did you do?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What degree subject did you do? - Page 3

post #31 of 107
Journalism Minor in Media Production
post #32 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post
Or major/minor if you're a Yank.

Maths for me

I'm currently a mathematics major. What is your career field?
post #33 of 107
Biomedical Engineering (BS, MS, and soon PhD) with minors in physics and mathematics.
post #34 of 107
what field are you looking to get into AlmostFull?
post #35 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberfile View Post
B.S. in economics, then economics again in grad school, then accounting, then I got a CPA. Now I'm old, tired, worn out and very sleepy.


CPAs are useful--however, sometimes you gotta get them to look at the realistic value of assets that do not confirm to GAAP rules. That's where the real investing genuises are!
post #36 of 107
business and french
post #37 of 107
Biomedical sciences and dentistry
post #38 of 107
Undergrad: Molecular and Cell Bio (BS), Ecology and Evolutionary Bio (BA), Fine Arts (BFA); also have a minor in English.

I'll be completing my undergrad degree in may of 2012.

I'm hoping to go for an MFA at some point in the future. Yale or Columbia would be ideal.

...
post #39 of 107
Graduating in 2012 with a BS in Biology and minor in Geology. Concentration in Premedical sciences.

Looking at Yale or Johns Hopkins for Med school. Subpar GPA sucks. 98.9 percentile on the MCAT hopefully pulls through a little bit. Possible fall back to Copenhagen School of Medicine.
post #40 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard23 View Post
what field are you looking to get into AlmostFull?

I oddly have no idea, except that the idea of remaining in academia has worn thin. I started off concentrating in tissue engineering, and ended up working on human-machine interface system design for my grad work, so I might continue down one of those paths in industry.
post #41 of 107
Biomedical engineering has a bright future. My friends at Imperial told me how they designed cheap artificial kneecaps for the Indian market - something really cool about getting paid to make cyborgs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits View Post
I oddly have no idea, except that the idea of remaining in academia has worn thin. I started off concentrating in tissue engineering, and ended up working on human-machine interface system design for my grad work, so I might continue down one of those paths in industry.
post #42 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJones View Post
I'm currently a mathematics major. What is your career field?

When you asked that question I was 7 hours away from starting my last exam, at the moment I'm working for my dad doing admin stuff, I'm not looking for permanent work just yet because I'm off to Russia to study at a uni there from September to the end of January, will hopefully end up in the army though.

Tbh I think you can do almost anything with maths, most people are in awe of it and assume you're clever as fuck if you have a degree in it.
post #43 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan View Post
Biomedical engineering has a bright future. My friends at Imperial told me how they designed cheap artificial kneecaps for the Indian market - something really cool about getting paid to make cyborgs!

There is also a big demand for artificial kneecaps amongst people who get on the wrong side of the mafia...
post #44 of 107
Classical Arabic Language and Literature, Minor concentration in Modern Arabic Literature.
post #45 of 107
BA (Hons) History
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › What degree subject did you do?