Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 5/5/14 at 4:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 659
Cool thanks a lot for your input. I've got a big chest and arms, so I fear it may be too snug in those areas, hoping it's not.
I would have measured against other shirts, but I'm out of the country and only have construction worker clothes here, and was in a rush to order because I needed to use my sister as a proxy and she's leaving for vacation soon.
Hope it works out!
Rebecca Curtis presaged your arguments against Uniqlo -- including the exact prices chosen in your example -- in a tightly dramatized scene involving three college-aged women. Thought you/others might enjoy the page, found here on Google Books (begins third sentence from top):
The measurements for every garment are posted on the website, so measure a shirt that fits you / measure yourself and compare! However, the fit is pretty good for people with slim/athletic builds.
Uniqlo knits SUCK.
You can spend $40 and get a few WEARS before it starts to look like shit or spend like $200 and get a few YEARS of solid wear... and even when the more expensive sweater is full of holes it will probably look better than the uniqlo one.
I will likely never stop buying their oxford shirts though, they're great for the price.
$20 for a lambswool sweater is tempting, but you might have convinced me to hold off that purchase.
you know what, i'm gonna go back on this, even though they suck bc they're scratchy, the designs are good enough to cop if you're not expecting much and for it to last a long time
so for what 40 bux i think it's ok since they look pretty good to use as beaters for work etc
trying to get some opinions and see some more actual pics of people wearing them. didn't find anything through google.
thanks in advance
Would you wear a Nike polyester shirt on its own? If you have no issue with that I don't see you having an issue with wearing a heattech one on its own. Personally I typically only wear polyester shirts like that in athletic pursuits.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 24 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 59 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Good Suits at Great Prices 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Leather on van Bommel dress shoes discolored 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)