Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 659
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9872 of 1382910/17/13 at 10:55ampost #9873 of 1382910/17/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Cool thanks a lot for your input. I've got a big chest and arms, so I fear it may be too snug in those areas, hoping it's not.
I would have measured against other shirts, but I'm out of the country and only have construction worker clothes here, and was in a rush to order because I needed to use my sister as a proxy and she's leaving for vacation soon.
Hope it works out!post #9874 of 1382910/17/13 at 2:46pmpost #9875 of 1382910/17/13 at 4:03pmpost #9876 of 1382910/17/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
Rebecca Curtis presaged your arguments against Uniqlo -- including the exact prices chosen in your example -- in a tightly dramatized scene involving three college-aged women. Thought you/others might enjoy the page, found here on Google Books (begins third sentence from top):
http://books.google.com/books?id=2gQviXVm1fEC&pg=PA38&lpg=PA38&ots=bsEAJT-z_f&focus=viewport&dq=rebecca+curtis+forty+dollar+sweater&output=html_textpost #9877 of 1382910/17/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The measurements for every garment are posted on the website, so measure a shirt that fits you / measure yourself and compare! However, the fit is pretty good for people with slim/athletic builds.post #9878 of 1382910/17/13 at 5:37pmpost #9879 of 1382910/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate
Uniqlo knits SUCK.
You can spend $40 and get a few WEARS before it starts to look like shit or spend like $200 and get a few YEARS of solid wear... and even when the more expensive sweater is full of holes it will probably look better than the uniqlo one.
I will likely never stop buying their oxford shirts though, they're great for the price.
$20 for a lambswool sweater is tempting, but you might have convinced me to hold off that purchase.post #9880 of 1382910/17/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
you know what, i'm gonna go back on this, even though they suck bc they're scratchy, the designs are good enough to cop if you're not expecting much and for it to last a long time
so for what 40 bux i think it's ok since they look pretty good to use as beaters for work etcpost #9881 of 1382910/17/13 at 8:24pmpost #9882 of 1382910/17/13 at 9:51pmanyone have any fit pics of the uniqlo duffle jacket ? interested in the camel coloured one, but i live in canada and would have to get a friend to buy it and ship to me so it would be a huge hassle to return.
trying to get some opinions and see some more actual pics of people wearing them. didn't find anything through google.
thanks in advancepost #9883 of 1382910/17/13 at 10:22pmpost #9884 of 1382910/17/13 at 10:43pmQuote:
Would you wear a Nike polyester shirt on its own? If you have no issue with that I don't see you having an issue with wearing a heattech one on its own. Personally I typically only wear polyester shirts like that in athletic pursuits.post #9885 of 1382910/17/13 at 11:07pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Junya Watanabe FW06 Rebuild blazer parka (L) 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Please Critique My Shirt 8 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...