Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Mod to Suedehead Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 659
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9872 of 1314410/17/13 at 10:55ampost #9873 of 1314410/17/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Cool thanks a lot for your input. I've got a big chest and arms, so I fear it may be too snug in those areas, hoping it's not.
I would have measured against other shirts, but I'm out of the country and only have construction worker clothes here, and was in a rush to order because I needed to use my sister as a proxy and she's leaving for vacation soon.
Hope it works out!post #9874 of 1314410/17/13 at 2:46pmpost #9875 of 1314410/17/13 at 4:03pmpost #9876 of 1314410/17/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
Rebecca Curtis presaged your arguments against Uniqlo -- including the exact prices chosen in your example -- in a tightly dramatized scene involving three college-aged women. Thought you/others might enjoy the page, found here on Google Books (begins third sentence from top):
http://books.google.com/books?id=2gQviXVm1fEC&pg=PA38&lpg=PA38&ots=bsEAJT-z_f&focus=viewport&dq=rebecca+curtis+forty+dollar+sweater&output=html_textpost #9877 of 1314410/17/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
The measurements for every garment are posted on the website, so measure a shirt that fits you / measure yourself and compare! However, the fit is pretty good for people with slim/athletic builds.post #9878 of 1314410/17/13 at 5:37pmpost #9879 of 1314410/17/13 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate
Uniqlo knits SUCK.
You can spend $40 and get a few WEARS before it starts to look like shit or spend like $200 and get a few YEARS of solid wear... and even when the more expensive sweater is full of holes it will probably look better than the uniqlo one.
I will likely never stop buying their oxford shirts though, they're great for the price.
$20 for a lambswool sweater is tempting, but you might have convinced me to hold off that purchase.post #9880 of 1314410/17/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
you know what, i'm gonna go back on this, even though they suck bc they're scratchy, the designs are good enough to cop if you're not expecting much and for it to last a long time
so for what 40 bux i think it's ok since they look pretty good to use as beaters for work etcpost #9881 of 1314410/17/13 at 8:24pmpost #9882 of 1314410/17/13 at 9:51pmanyone have any fit pics of the uniqlo duffle jacket ? interested in the camel coloured one, but i live in canada and would have to get a friend to buy it and ship to me so it would be a huge hassle to return.
trying to get some opinions and see some more actual pics of people wearing them. didn't find anything through google.
thanks in advancepost #9883 of 1314410/17/13 at 10:22pmpost #9884 of 1314410/17/13 at 10:43pmQuote:
Would you wear a Nike polyester shirt on its own? If you have no issue with that I don't see you having an issue with wearing a heattech one on its own. Personally I typically only wear polyester shirts like that in athletic pursuits.post #9885 of 1314410/17/13 at 11:07pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Australian Members 10 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › New Gaziano Girling Wiltshire Polo Suede UK6.5 WITH LASTED TREES 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 34 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...