or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 621

post #9301 of 12282
Have you tried Airism shirts? they feel quiet nice and very very light although mediums are hard to find in store
post #9302 of 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by moopband View Post

Does anyone know if the gray airism v neck is light enough to not peak out through white/light color dress shirts? Or does it need to be more of a heather gray?

 

I haven't had a problem.  My dress shirts aren't say, Charvet poplin quality, but I've worn some pretty sheer white and had no issues.

post #9303 of 12282

Hi,

 

Anyone knows where I can find the linen/cotton sport coat/jacket with peaked lapels in tan? Lost mine in a car burglary last week...

Size 46/S.

This is how it looks in black:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uniqlo-Slim-Peak-Lapel-Linen-Blazer-Sport-Jacket-/290942778335?ViewItem=&item=290942778335&nma=true&si=ZwfHZ2gxjlj11LczmAIj%252FlS%252Bwlw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

 

Would be much grateful in anyone had a clue.

post #9304 of 12282
Hey guys, I want to order some OCBDs and I'd like some recommendations on what size to get. My measurements are height 5'6, 145lbs, 37 chest and 30 waist, athletic build. I've heard the regular fit is billowy and some of the pictures I've seen here reflect that but also I think it would probably fit the best in the chest in an XS. Do you think the XS slim fit would be ok or too tight? Thanks.

My one OCDB right now is a JCrew Factory Sunwashed. I measured the shoulders and it is 17 inches across. It fits pretty well but has a little room. How much difference would .5 inches make?
post #9305 of 12282
^ try the slim fit small. the xs will be too tight.
post #9306 of 12282
Agreed. My chest is 38" and slim fit small's just a tad tight on me.
post #9307 of 12282
Ah forgot to mention, I don't want a small because I think the sleeves would be too long. Looking at the sizing charts the Slim Small is an extra inch longer in the sleeves than the Regular XS.
post #9308 of 12282
Get the slim small. roll up the sleeves.

slim xs will be too small on the chest, reg xs will be too big at the waist and too small at the chest.
post #9309 of 12282
dude please don't stress about your sleeves being a half inch too long on an oxford with slim cuffs that will just stick to your wrist anyways
post #9310 of 12282

any comments on the airism boxers? 

 

How does Uniqlo dress shirts compare to BR and JCrew in terms of quality? 

post #9311 of 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

 

How does Uniqlo dress shirts compare to BR and JCrew in terms of quality? 

 

Compared to J. Crew I find them to be a notch below. Generally they are not as trim as the JCrew ones in style (i.e. made to fit more people). The fabrics are also not as soft or broken in as a JCrew shirt. Some of the JCrew shirts use very high end fabrics.

 

That being said a uniqlo shirt is anywhere from half to one forth the price of the JCrew shirts. I tend to use my uniqlo shirts for events where I fear potential for getting dirty and damaged or if I am wearing a jacket and it does not matter about the cut.

 

That said I have never had either brand begin to fall apart and I wear my uniqlo shirts far harder than the jcrew ones.

post #9312 of 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

 

Compared to J. Crew I find them to be a notch below. Generally they are not as trim as the JCrew ones in style (i.e. made to fit more people). The fabrics are also not as soft or broken in as a JCrew shirt. Some of the JCrew shirts use very high end fabrics.

 

That being said a uniqlo shirt is anywhere from half to one forth the price of the JCrew shirts. I tend to use my uniqlo shirts for events where I fear potential for getting dirty and damaged or if I am wearing a jacket and it does not matter about the cut.

 

That said I have never had either brand begin to fall apart and I wear my uniqlo shirts far harder than the jcrew ones.

when you mean high end, are you talking about the thomas mason shirts? It's probably better to compare Jcrew's regular line vs uniqlo's regular line. 

 

Thanks for the comment. 

post #9313 of 12282

uniqlo > jcrew in fit, quality and price

post #9314 of 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

any comments on the airism boxers?  

 

The airism boxers are like heaven for your nether regions

post #9315 of 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

when you mean high end, are you talking about the thomas mason shirts? It's probably better to compare Jcrew's regular line vs uniqlo's regular line. 

 

Thanks for the comment. 

I mean that they range up to the Thomas Mason fabrics. But in general I tend to prefer even the normal fabrics to uniqlo, but not by much. When you consider the price there is a reason I own more uniqlo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread