Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Mod to Suedehead Last post on Today at 12:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 593post #8881 of 131444/24/13 at 9:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8882 of 131444/24/13 at 10:04pm^I think it's perfect for that. I find it, like other similar jackets(even those from high end brands), to be a bit boxy and roomy so it can be worn over a suit. I wanted to get one and use it more with just a shirt and cotton trousers than with a full on suit and it was much looser than I'd like. Though it probably wouldn't bother me if it was longer like this(also appears to fit very similar to how the Uniqlo one does imo):post #8883 of 131444/25/13 at 8:24ampost #8884 of 131444/25/13 at 11:31ampost #8885 of 131444/25/13 at 11:49amQuote:
I don't like the fact that they're 100% synthetic. They used to be made from waterproof cotton. I have a mac from the that's like 3 sears old and still going strong.post #8886 of 131444/25/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
I've not found synthetics generally less robust, but the feel and look doesn't tend to be as nice. I suppose with rising cotton prices it was inevitable, but I'd rather pay slightly more for cotton content. Still it remains on my possibles list - I've tried rubber bonded cotton e.g. Macintosh before and it's just too warm for spring/summer.post #8887 of 131444/25/13 at 3:17pmpost #8888 of 131444/25/13 at 3:18pmJust ordered a pair of the Black skinny jeans, has everyone who's ordered them lately gotten the shiny/waxy ones? Do they look/feel ok IRL? Does the wax fade?
I sized down one from my true waist (32-->31x34) and got the 34 length for maximum stackage. Really hope the hem is 7" or smaller...post #8889 of 131444/25/13 at 3:23pmMy friend got a few pairs of the new skinny ones in reedo, and he didn't think they were that waxy/shiny looking. And I think that should be good for your waist size, I have a pair in the washed gray (not in this current batch, but I think they are the same non-T000 skinny ones), and I also went with a 31 waist.post #8890 of 131444/25/13 at 5:59pmhttp://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-slim-fit-straight-jeans/075760-04-031?ref=mens-clothing%2Fmens-bottoms%2Fmens-jeans
These ones? I need a 33 it seems. 32 would work like my current pairs but the rise is too short.post #8891 of 131444/25/13 at 9:33pm
Don't know measurements before but here are the after. Slim fit oxford in L washed on warm and dried on normal:
Chest - 21.75"
Shoulder - 18"
Length - 32"
Sleeve - 26"
Still fits slightly loose/long on me but I'm ok with it, needed a few relaxed fit shirts. Next time I'll try washing/drying on hot.post #8892 of 131444/26/13 at 9:59am
I kopped the slim oxford in both M and L to compare. I'm 175/6' and the medium fits pretty much perfectly. The only thing is the shoulders are about half an inch narrow for me, but it's not too noticeable. Fabric is really good for the price, not as thick as more expensive overdyes, but still quite substantial. The navy is killer. I just placed my order for the khaki and olive.post #8893 of 131444/26/13 at 10:03amQuote:The rise measurements are off. They seem to measure to the bottom of the waistband and not the top. Ex - I just got a pair of the white skinny tapered and they're listed as an 8.5 rise but are actually 9.75Originally Posted by gettoasty
These ones? I need a 33 it seems. 32 would work like my current pairs but the rise is too short.post #8894 of 131444/26/13 at 11:26am
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The burn guys you want tomake 10 minutes ago
- › how much do you accessorize? 11 minutes ago
- › William Lockie / Heather Wallace Windsor 4-ply Cashmere Shawl... 13 minutes ago
- › William Lockie / Heather Wallace Chirnside 4-ply Cashmere Cable... 14 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 17 minutes ago
- › J Crew Japanese Indigo Chambray Blazer Sportcoat Size Medium 17 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...