Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 593post #8881 of 138294/24/13 at 9:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8882 of 138294/24/13 at 10:04pm^I think it's perfect for that. I find it, like other similar jackets(even those from high end brands), to be a bit boxy and roomy so it can be worn over a suit. I wanted to get one and use it more with just a shirt and cotton trousers than with a full on suit and it was much looser than I'd like. Though it probably wouldn't bother me if it was longer like this(also appears to fit very similar to how the Uniqlo one does imo):post #8883 of 138294/25/13 at 8:24ampost #8884 of 138294/25/13 at 11:31ampost #8885 of 138294/25/13 at 11:49amQuote:
I don't like the fact that they're 100% synthetic. They used to be made from waterproof cotton. I have a mac from the that's like 3 sears old and still going strong.post #8886 of 138294/25/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
I've not found synthetics generally less robust, but the feel and look doesn't tend to be as nice. I suppose with rising cotton prices it was inevitable, but I'd rather pay slightly more for cotton content. Still it remains on my possibles list - I've tried rubber bonded cotton e.g. Macintosh before and it's just too warm for spring/summer.post #8887 of 138294/25/13 at 3:17pmpost #8888 of 138294/25/13 at 3:18pmJust ordered a pair of the Black skinny jeans, has everyone who's ordered them lately gotten the shiny/waxy ones? Do they look/feel ok IRL? Does the wax fade?
I sized down one from my true waist (32-->31x34) and got the 34 length for maximum stackage. Really hope the hem is 7" or smaller...post #8889 of 138294/25/13 at 3:23pmMy friend got a few pairs of the new skinny ones in reedo, and he didn't think they were that waxy/shiny looking. And I think that should be good for your waist size, I have a pair in the washed gray (not in this current batch, but I think they are the same non-T000 skinny ones), and I also went with a 31 waist.post #8890 of 138294/25/13 at 5:59pmhttp://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-slim-fit-straight-jeans/075760-04-031?ref=mens-clothing%2Fmens-bottoms%2Fmens-jeans
These ones? I need a 33 it seems. 32 would work like my current pairs but the rise is too short.post #8891 of 138294/25/13 at 9:33pm
Don't know measurements before but here are the after. Slim fit oxford in L washed on warm and dried on normal:
Chest - 21.75"
Shoulder - 18"
Length - 32"
Sleeve - 26"
Still fits slightly loose/long on me but I'm ok with it, needed a few relaxed fit shirts. Next time I'll try washing/drying on hot.post #8892 of 138294/26/13 at 9:59am
I kopped the slim oxford in both M and L to compare. I'm 175/6' and the medium fits pretty much perfectly. The only thing is the shoulders are about half an inch narrow for me, but it's not too noticeable. Fabric is really good for the price, not as thick as more expensive overdyes, but still quite substantial. The navy is killer. I just placed my order for the khaki and olive.post #8893 of 138294/26/13 at 10:03amQuote:The rise measurements are off. They seem to measure to the bottom of the waistband and not the top. Ex - I just got a pair of the white skinny tapered and they're listed as an 8.5 rise but are actually 9.75Originally Posted by gettoasty
These ones? I need a 33 it seems. 32 would work like my current pairs but the rise is too short.post #8894 of 138294/26/13 at 11:26am
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...