or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 569

post #8521 of 12023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

@whoever asked, my XS linen shirt shrunk from the measurements of a slim fit M to a S regular shirt.  I didn't trust whoever said they shrink a lot but they were right.  I still don't think I'll be buying any Uniqlo linen offerings in the future as I don't like the material.

 


How did you launder it?

 

Also, did it shrink in the shoulders and sleeves? I'm getting really mixed responses to sleeve length, and I'm of slim build, but my wingspan is huge.

 

If you still have it and could measure the chest, shoulders, and sleeves, I'd be grateful for all the help.

post #8522 of 12023
If I had a shop I wouldn't accept returns without the tag, usually means you wore it.

Why the fuck would you cut it if it hasn't been worn.
post #8523 of 12023

I laundered the shirt on cold, delicate wash and then dried it on hot to shrink.  It's still scratchy and I'm wearing a tank under it but at least it now resembles a XS, though it's stretchy for a linen shirt.  

 

Measurements:

Chest: ~19 though it stretches, I usually need more around 20 but it fits without being snug.

Shoulders: 17 inches

Shoulder seam to cuff: 24.5 inches.

Waist: 17.5

Length from bottom of cuff down back: 29 inches (from ~31)

 

The most dramatic shrinking was in the waist and overall length, where it went from unwearable to a normal XS sizing.  It literally shrunk from a normal medium to an XS everywhere.  I'm 5'6 so it was unwearable for me without shrinking. For 30 bucks, I'll use it as a beach shirt or for when I'm biking around during the summer time.

post #8524 of 12023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

I laundered the shirt on cold, delicate wash and then dried it on hot to shrink.  It's still scratchy and I'm wearing a tank under it but at least it now resembles a XS, though it's stretchy for a linen shirt.  

 

Measurements:

Chest: ~19 though it stretches, I usually need more around 20 but it fits without being snug.

Shoulders: 17 inches

Shoulder seam to cuff: 24.5 inches.

Waist: 17.5

Length from bottom of cuff down back: 29 inches (from ~31)

 

The most dramatic shrinking was in the waist and overall length, where it went from unwearable to a normal XS sizing.  It literally shrunk from a normal medium to an XS everywhere.  I'm 5'6 so it was unwearable for me without shrinking. For 30 bucks, I'll use it as a beach shirt or for when I'm biking around during the summer time.


Wow, it sounds like it shrunk to -0.5" in the chest compared to their measurement, gained +0.5 to the sleeve, and shrunk 2" to match their alleged back measurement. So they were way off. Did you buy it 2012-2013? In the U.S.?

 

Edit: the waist and length shrinkage sounds like a win especially.

post #8525 of 12023

I bought this shirt 3 weeks ago online and I'm in the US.  This shirt is really a crapshoot if you don't fit into the shirt pre-wash.  This thing was a billowy as fuck on me out of the box.

post #8526 of 12023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

I bought this shirt 3 weeks ago online and I'm in the US.  This shirt is really a crapshoot if you don't fit into the shirt pre-wash.  This thing was a billowy as fuck on me out of the box.

 



So given your experience, do you think it's worth it to order TTS, then try to shrink it down to a reasonable fit?

post #8527 of 12023
huh, how are you guys sizing? I bought the same size as I do for everything else uniqlo (xs) and they fit like the reg oxfords in the same size, just w/out the box pleat.

Only except is the one checked shirt I got, it seems like its a hair larger.
post #8528 of 12023

I was reading about sizing for the Uniqlo slim-straight jeans and noticed different suggestions. Let's say I wear a 30 in Levi's 514, what should I pursue in Uniqlo slim-straight jeans. Go tts, size up, size down, etc.

 

Thanks!

post #8529 of 12023
Uniqlo slim fit color jeans sized down 1, box fresh.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-slim-fit-color-jeans/075307-12-031



Super comfortable, medium-light weight and nice stretch. Initial impression is good.

Slim fit oxford is nice, but went true to size and too tight in chest.
post #8530 of 12023
I was at the SF store today, tried on some jackets, picked up some things, returned some online orders. It was a good day.
post #8531 of 12023
VLSI those are clean. What's the hem on them if you got a second.
post #8532 of 12023

Maybe the linen shirt I got is just weird then.  Go TTS and knowing that it shrinks you can decide accordingly.  I always take an XS in Uniqlo shirting and coats.

post #8533 of 12023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

Maybe the linen shirt I got is just weird then.  Go TTS and knowing that it shrinks you can decide accordingly.  I always take an XS in Uniqlo shirting and coats.

 



From talking to several people, it's starting to appear the different model numbers may have different cuts, and that the measurements on the website don't reflect this. Further, the measurements for unwashed vs. cold wash, hang/lay flat vs cold wash, hot dry tend to differ, with slight shrinkage usually noticed after a cold wash, and slimming and shortening noticed after a hot dry.  I went ahead and ordered a few different model linen shirts during the present promotion, and plan to take measurements and compare before deciding whether to return.

 

As an aside, I spoke to customer service, and the $7 online restocking fee is for the return shipping label. A person can choose to ship items back out-of-pocket, and not pay that fee.

post #8534 of 12023
Oxfords going on promotion for $19.90
post #8535 of 12023
When? Online?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread