Did pick up a few sweaters from returns as well, good buys
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 567post #8491 of 139773/21/13 at 9:32ampost #8492 of 139773/21/13 at 11:59ampost #8493 of 139773/21/13 at 12:17pmpost #8494 of 139773/21/13 at 12:28pmWent to the SF store and bought a few things. Roundup:
1. Dri light weight blazer (M)- Great piece for spring and mild summers. Unstructured. No lining. Sleeves fit perfectly. Great slim fit even for thinner guys. Very lightweight, felt more breezy than even the linen blazers and thus went with this one.
2. Linen cotton blend blouson (M)- Again as mentioned it's unlined. More of a shirt jacket. Maybe a bit more expensive than it should be at $50 but still bought it cause it's a a decent slim fit (for linen).
3. "Ervell" shawl collar cardigan (M) - It was on sale so not much stock left. May be the the best piece I bought. Up there with the EFM knits that uniqlo makes.
4. The slim fit oxfords (M) - funny enough not much difference between the regular fit and slim fit oxfords in terms of the chest and shoulder measurements.
5. Linen shirts (M) - they're long and probably wouldn't work for shorter guys, but work for my height. Their surprising slim fit (for linen) and am very happy with the navy.
1.The cricket sweater (M)- a bit of a looser knit and fit a bit boxy for my body shape.
2. Dri fit Tshirt (M)- Wish it was a deeper V. Fairly thin material most obvious on the white Ts but they fit me the best. The premium cotton Ts are much slimmer (especially in the arms) while these are more of a regular fit.
3. Linen blend shawl collar cardigans - Didn't try them on. The red didn't look as rich in real life. And the "ervell" ones felt nicer.
1. The lightweight denim jeans - mix of linen and cotton. Great idea but drape weird. They look like jeans but flare like linen.
FWIW, I'm 6 feet 180 ilbs 40 inch chest.
I wanted a pair of white jeans but the only ones they had in store (in regular or slim fit) were the 100% off white cotton made in japan denim. The fit was great but I'm used to elastane in jeans now. Anyone know the hem width for the slim fit color jeans for a 33 or 34 waist?post #8495 of 139773/21/13 at 3:22pmpost #8496 of 139773/21/13 at 5:26pmpost #8497 of 139773/21/13 at 5:29pmpost #8498 of 139773/21/13 at 5:40pmReceived three linen shirts today in XS today - two white, one plaid. Size S was much too long and baggy (5'8"), but these fit really well. The only downside is that the collar is too tight, but I don't plan on wearing them with ties.
On the other hand, I'm not too impressed with the premium v-neck. I wear a size M in Everlane tees, but the Uniqlo size M feels a bit tighter and the v-neck is too shallow. The dry deodorant mesh tank-tops from the undershirt section (also size M) are terrific, though.post #8499 of 139773/21/13 at 5:40pmpost #8500 of 139773/21/13 at 6:31pmGot my order in today. The medium slim fit oxfords are superb, got the navy and olive colors. The slim fit chinos are a bit whack, and definitely thin as mentioned above, but will suffice for work-wear. Aside from that, stocked up on socks as usual, and some thicker chinos that I always have tapered from my tailor.
I should've asked Uniqlo, but they no longer hem pants free of charge prior to shipping, right? Figured this was only early on when they did phone orders...post #8501 of 139773/21/13 at 6:45pm
I went TTS. I actually want my linen shirts just a little loose. All the Uniqlo shirts seem to run long. I just have the tailor shorten them. If I were to go down in size, the sleeves and collar would be too small for me.post #8502 of 139773/22/13 at 12:05amjust got a short sleeved oxford in green
the short sleeved oxfords are of a thinner material compared to the long sleeves, however in terms of fit, there is isn't much noticeable difference between the slim fit and regular fit short sleeves.
went for the regular fit as it has more vibrant colors; may grab the orange color next time one as I had a hard time deciding between the green and orange.post #8503 of 139773/22/13 at 5:35pmThe t-shirts that come in the 2-pack are awesome as undershirts. Fit is very snug if you size down but also stretchy, they won't come untucked from your pants as you go about your day. That was a problem I had with other shirts. Regular premium cotton t's are nice, they are a bit too long though and didn't shrink at all after a cold wash and a bit in the dryer. TTS is as snug as i would want to go in the sleev and shoulder.post #8504 of 139773/22/13 at 10:34pmAnyone with the current model premium linen shirt in size Small or Medium willing to post the shoulder-to-shoulder, pit-to-pit, and shoulder seam to sleeve measurements? With all the talk about the site measurements being wrong, I'm holding back on pulling the trigger, and the sale ends on Sunday.
Also, can you confirm/refute the claim from a couple pages back that they shrink a ton? Even in cold wash, hang dry?
Edited by carlic - 3/22/13 at 10:46pmpost #8505 of 139773/23/13 at 2:51am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1265 Active Users (227 Members and 1038 Guests)
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 1 minute ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saturdays Surf NYC, Wolf vs Goat button downs, size S/M 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union? 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding