Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Mod to Suedehead Last post on Today at 8:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 554post #8296 of 130283/8/13 at 6:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8297 of 130283/8/13 at 7:35pmpost #8298 of 130283/8/13 at 8:45pmpost #8299 of 130283/8/13 at 10:35pmpost #8300 of 130283/8/13 at 10:45pmpost #8301 of 130283/8/13 at 10:50pmpost #8302 of 130283/8/13 at 10:53pmpost #8303 of 130283/8/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.post #8304 of 130283/8/13 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasfunke
Thoughts on the Cotton Linen Blouson? Thinking either light orange or dark green...
I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.Quote:Originally Posted by Epik
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?
socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.Quote:
The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.post #8305 of 130283/8/13 at 11:33pmpost #8306 of 130283/8/13 at 11:41pmpost #8307 of 130283/9/13 at 1:39pmpost #8308 of 130283/9/13 at 1:57pmpost #8309 of 130283/9/13 at 2:09pmpost #8310 of 130283/9/13 at 2:22pmActuallly, the 2 slim fit dress shirts I picked up (66 blue and 09 black aka "mini dots") were fine.
It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.
Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.
A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.
OCBD for the weekends.
* * *
Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.
Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Wool Cashmere Navy Flannel Suit Full Canvas 48/38 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...