Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 554post #8296 of 146703/8/13 at 6:35pmpost #8297 of 146703/8/13 at 7:35pmpost #8298 of 146703/8/13 at 8:45pmpost #8299 of 146703/8/13 at 10:35pmpost #8300 of 146703/8/13 at 10:45pmpost #8301 of 146703/8/13 at 10:50pmpost #8302 of 146703/8/13 at 10:53pmpost #8303 of 146703/8/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.post #8304 of 146703/8/13 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasfunke
Thoughts on the Cotton Linen Blouson? Thinking either light orange or dark green...
I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.Quote:Originally Posted by Epik
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?
socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.Quote:
The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.post #8305 of 146703/8/13 at 11:33pmpost #8306 of 146703/8/13 at 11:41pmpost #8307 of 146703/9/13 at 1:39pmpost #8308 of 146703/9/13 at 1:57pmpost #8309 of 146703/9/13 at 2:09pmpost #8310 of 146703/9/13 at 2:22pmActuallly, the 2 slim fit dress shirts I picked up (66 blue and 09 black aka "mini dots") were fine.
It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.
Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.
A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.
OCBD for the weekends.
* * *
Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.
Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about - Mens Suits - "Dry clean only" 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Quilted Bomber jacket M 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...