Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 554
The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.
Thoughts on the Cotton Linen Blouson? Thinking either light orange or dark green...
I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?
socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.
The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.
It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.
Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.
A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.
OCBD for the weekends.
* * *
Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.
Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy - Sweater + Hoodie 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...