Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 554post #8296 of 139873/8/13 at 6:35pmpost #8297 of 139873/8/13 at 7:35pmpost #8298 of 139873/8/13 at 8:45pmpost #8299 of 139873/8/13 at 10:35pmpost #8300 of 139873/8/13 at 10:45pmpost #8301 of 139873/8/13 at 10:50pmpost #8302 of 139873/8/13 at 10:53pmpost #8303 of 139873/8/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
The current slim fits are about the same as my W+H westpoints, but just a hair bit slimmer.post #8304 of 139873/8/13 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tobiasfunke
Thoughts on the Cotton Linen Blouson? Thinking either light orange or dark green...
I got the green one to try on. The material is actually really nice, but not a fan of the fit, might have to size down or it's likely just intended to be blousy. Going back for sure.Quote:Originally Posted by Epik
Just received my first Uniqlo items ever--4 OCBDs, blue/pink/white/grey--and wow they are a pleasant surprise. OTR tailored fit and quality is great. Will have to consider checking out other items from them as well. Chinos and jeans decent? Perhaps regular Tees and henleys/sweaters?
socks and underwear are staples. socks for sure. the marled ones are really nice. chinos are OK at best. material is pretty thin. I have the MiJ jeans and I like them a lot better than APCs, but they aren't as nice as Japan Blues.Quote:
The slim chinos taper through the leg, but it has a little too much room in the seat (sort of droopy, imo). Maybe because I could have sized down. Rise is pretty big, almost trouser-like. Vintage ones were gigantic in comparison though.post #8305 of 139873/8/13 at 11:33pmpost #8306 of 139873/8/13 at 11:41pmpost #8307 of 139873/9/13 at 1:39pmpost #8308 of 139873/9/13 at 1:57pmpost #8309 of 139873/9/13 at 2:09pmpost #8310 of 139873/9/13 at 2:22pmActuallly, the 2 slim fit dress shirts I picked up (66 blue and 09 black aka "mini dots") were fine.
It was the 3 Easy Care shirts that had sleeve length issues. I think this is bad oversight on QC.
Dress shirts in general are pretty ace. About to drop by the tailor to get the 3 darted in the back.
A word of caution, slim fit and "regular fit" are different in terms of the shoulder, sleeve width, and chest. The body around torso area is about the same, but when I get them tailored I have to separate it out as I don't need much darting to account for the chest in slim fit dress shirts. Even the "regular fit" I ask to take in the chest very minimally. I just need the double darts to help with the blousing affect in the torso / waist. Just realized this too after trying out the new slim fit and some older ones I picked up. For a suit I would go with the "regular fit" as it is more relaxed and I'll be wearing a jacket for a good part of the day. Otherwise, everyday office wear I would take the slim fit as it is a bit more fitted all around.
OCBD for the weekends.
* * *
Ordered some spring trousers in their cotton/poly blend and wool/poly blend. Arriving Friday so I can give a review of them then.
Still think Uniqlo is best bang for the buck if you want to get some lowkey work attire. You can step up your suiting, but for everyday wear it works well.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Is untidy welt finish on Loake 1880 shoes normal? 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Help! Pear-shaped Law student needs suit (USA) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding