Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 543
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8132 of 138292/25/13 at 7:51pmpost #8133 of 138292/25/13 at 7:53pmpost #8134 of 138292/25/13 at 8:41pmpost #8135 of 138292/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #8136 of 138292/25/13 at 8:54pmpost #8137 of 138292/25/13 at 10:45pmpost #8138 of 138292/25/13 at 11:11pmQuote:
Debating between the shawl beige linen and the shawl beige cotton/acrylic. Prefer the lighter color of the acrylic one but cotton/linen is probably a better material.post #8139 of 138292/26/13 at 9:05am
i was wondering the same
my slim fits from a couple years ago the collar is but then again, overall, the fabric is a bit lighter than any other season oxfords i've touched from uniqlo
anyone who has the slim fit earth tones or will be getting them post some pics and science, please
the size chart for them says the collar is 16.5 for a size mediumpost #8140 of 138292/26/13 at 10:41ampost #8141 of 138292/26/13 at 10:47ampost #8142 of 138292/26/13 at 10:49ampost #8143 of 138292/26/13 at 1:50pmNo slim fits in store at Fifth Ave yet--was told probably Monday. @afixedpoint or others, are they a thinner fabric than the reg fit grosgrain? I wouldn't want to go much thinner than the grosgrain fabric, whose collar roll is weak compared to the old oxfords. I hate that giant box pleat on the reg fits though, makes me look like a hunchback... And is the gray a true neutral gray like the old oxfords, or the new blue/steel gray of the grosgrain reg fits?
Had a look at the sportcoats, they are starting to stock some reg fit linen in store, but didn't have any xs nor matching pants. The linen/cotton blend sportcoats in many colors also look decent, but the fit was huge on the xs i tried on (in chest and back, shoulders ok). All of the cotton or cotton/poly sportcoats look cheap and shitty.
Cotton/linen cardigans are decent, the large ribbing makes them pretty casual. I've never seen the point of sweaters not made out of wool though, so not for me. I'd stay away from the acrylic ones though--the thick ones from I handled from the winter season felt very cheap.
The fit on the slim fit tapered jeans is totally wack--the 28 I tried on had skinny legs, normal top block, but baggy 30-32 waist. The slim fit straight fit better/normal through waist, top block, thighs, but all the spandex in their cotton ruins them for me. There's not a single pair of Uniqlo pants I would want to wear, they're so goddamn stretchy. Spandex was great for inaugurating the era of tight jeans and yoga pants on girls, but it doesn't belong anywhere near men's pants, esp. jeans. Ruins the drape and they never break in to fit your body. We'll look back on all these 5% spandex jeans like the ubiquity of 100% polyester shirts of the 70s, as a lost generation of clothes.post #8144 of 138292/26/13 at 2:15pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Currently, there are 1331 Active Users (288 Members and 1043 Guests)
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 6 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?