Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 519post #7772 of 140021/18/13 at 11:48pm^But my whole point was that they are prone to extreme wrinkling and creasing, which is a problem IMO and one you experience as well. Someone asked whether I ironed my shirts, yes I do. Not sure what the praise is for the shirts when a spin in the washer causes the shirt to crinkle up essentially.
Now, I have yet to hear anyone wash it without any wrinkles at all. Creases can be ironed out but it takes a bit of work. So, conclusion seems to be people like wearing wrinkly shirts as OCBD are considered casual, anyways.
Waiting for Fuuma to jump in and tell me to "stfu"
FWIW my shirts are fine after 6+ months, I never said they fall apart; etc.post #7773 of 140021/19/13 at 12:09ampost #7774 of 140021/19/13 at 12:13ampost #7775 of 140021/19/13 at 5:02ampost #7776 of 140021/19/13 at 8:08ampost #7777 of 140021/19/13 at 8:33am
I cold wash and tumble dry my oxfords (bought them back in March-June at $15). Don't have any problems with how they turn out, wrinkle-wise. Every now and then some wrinkles will set in hard on the sleeves (if my dryer was packed full or something), but I wear them pretty casually so I don't mind.
Any there any codes active right now? I remember people having to wait a while on return refunds to process, that still a problem?post #7778 of 140021/19/13 at 8:34ampost #7779 of 140021/19/13 at 9:16ampost #7780 of 140021/20/13 at 8:22pmGot my shipment this Friday, got some socks + heattech long sleeve and leggings. FYI you can pass on the comfort socks and I have to say I really like the heattech stuff that I got. I went TTS and it fits a slightly tighter than my normal shirts. The length is fine but the only weird thing is that the sleeve length seems a tad short, so if anyone is getting heattech long sleeve shirt, I would recommend going TTS.post #7781 of 140021/20/13 at 8:27pmGrosgrain oxfords apparently fit slimmer than older regular oxfords.
Washed in warm/hot and dried completely on medium and seems to have shrank a bit p2p and about an inch in length. Threw it another cycle and will wear to see how it fits.
If it shrinks to 30" in length I will be a happy camper provided sleeves shorten up some and then I will just get them taken in a bit.
Btw it looked great fresh out the dryer and just had the light rippling non-ironed clothes have, none of these nonsensical creases you guys are talking about. I think you guys are new to washing clothes.
Also dryer softens them up which is exactly what I want with oxford cloth. After 20 washes they will be as soft as pjs, just wish fabric was thinner and lighter.post #7782 of 140021/20/13 at 8:33pmpost #7783 of 140021/20/13 at 8:36pmpost #7784 of 140021/20/13 at 8:38pmpost #7785 of 140021/20/13 at 8:44pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 49 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 54 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding