Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 508
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7607 of 138291/9/13 at 8:05pmpost #7608 of 138291/9/13 at 8:10pmpost #7609 of 138291/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #7610 of 138291/9/13 at 8:17pmLast two posts before jet are confusing me. Judging by the measurements the sleeves would be long and so would the length. if you're 5'6 and it works untucked I night have to go up to an S. I'm also confused by the better fit = more spacious.
If I didn't have to use a UK proxy and could just order both and return what didn't fit this wouldn't be a problem. Frustrating because I know they'll restock after I pay double for them.post #7611 of 138291/9/13 at 8:21pmpost #7612 of 138291/9/13 at 9:02pmpost #7613 of 138291/9/13 at 9:36pm
I love the fit of the vintage chinos. IMO they are between a classic fit and slim fit but aren't a relaxed fit. my size 32 has a 8 inch leg opening and around a 12 inch thigh. I got mine hemmed but honestly I wouldln't do that again and would just double cuff next time. I wish they were a little more tapered but I just wear them with chunkier footwear to compensate for the larger leg opening.post #7614 of 138291/9/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
My bad, should've been more specific. They fit way better on me, and I think the proportions are better in general. The new ones with the colored trim along the inside of the collars are slightly roomier in the chest/shoulders/back but remain nice and slim through the body (possibly ever so slightly looser but idk it just seemed like a more flattering fit). I was still just barely cutting an S due to the still-slightly-too-narrow shoulders + still-too-short sleeves. Still though, the new oxfords in S were a lot better/closer to an ideal fit than the old ones for me. (5'9, 155, 39" chest, 30" waist)
Also disclaimer I'm comparing these to the Oxfords that were available last SS ('12) dunno if they changed anything inbetween interations. For those ones, I just copped M's and had them super tailored in the body and I'm pretty happy with the fit. Obviously the new ones in S were tighter in chest/shoulders/back/sleeves, a little tight for my taste but probably what some people here like
Edited by NotCrispy - 1/9/13 at 11:26pmpost #7615 of 138291/9/13 at 10:45pmpost #7616 of 138291/9/13 at 11:23pmpost #7617 of 138291/9/13 at 11:25pmpost #7618 of 138291/10/13 at 4:36ampost #7619 of 138291/10/13 at 5:40amThe vintage chinos are pretty darn slim on me. I feel like they are much slimmer now than 3+ years ago. It depends on how developed your legs are. I'm 5'7 178lbs and wear a size 33, i hem them for a clean break. I don't know how I feel about the current seasons olive colive, it is very uhm olive.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 25 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 59 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Levi's 501s vs. Levi's 505s 4 minutes ago
- › JB0625 13.5oz Sulphur Dyed Selvedge Denim in Indigo/Indigo - High... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...