Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:16am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 493
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express...
How urgently do you need them? If you need them right away, go for the Express ones if they fit. If not, wait and play with Uniqlo's fits. The polycotton ones on the site run slightly larger than the cotton ones they sell in spring/summer. Between those two fits, you should be able to find one that works for you.
I'm still not decided, but I don't think I'll be able to try on the Express shirts after all. The mall is lousy with last minute shoppers. It was on the news. Cars are aggressively circling the parking lot. I would need a wheel man just to get inside.
For now I might end up placing an order from Express online, trying their large. If it doesn't fit I'll eat the shipping and do an in-store return after the Holidays, trying on their medium in the process.
Can anyone else vouch for the Uniqlo medium v-neck fitting 44+?
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express.
Didn't want to copy and paste my thoughts about Express into the Uniqlo thread but it does give this post some context.
It would save me a lot of time and money if I thought that the v-necks by Uniqlo could work just as well for me, but unfortunately I won't be able to try one on until I get around to placing a worthwhile order. And there's a sale going at Express that expires Sunday, so I'm pressed for a decision.
Please forgive the machismo of this question, but what do you think is the largest chest measurement that would fit into a Uniqlo medium? I read a post somewhere by a guy who was 45" and he said he wore a large by personal preference but a medium was wearable. The pit to pit on the Uniqlo v-neck sizing chart is 21" for a medium, so I have my doubts.
Hopefully someone can vouch for the capacity of a medium, because the large would probably be too long in the body, very nearly too wide in the shoulders, and far too billowy. If someone could please verify that a medium would work for a 44" chest measurement then I might hold off on this Express purchase until I can try a Uniqlo v-neck on for size.
Thanks again for answering my earlier question about waist sizes.
I have a 44" chest also. Large is your size.
I've got a 39" chest and the broadcloths with the back pleat stitched down fits me good. Although another inch or two I'd have to let the pleat out. I got a love hate with the broadcloth shirts, the fabric is sort of papery.. but for the $19 i paid w/e
I don't want to order a solitary v-neck from Uniqlo because I don't expect it to fit properly in either a medium or a large, and I'm waiting for their double zip hoodie to restock so I can place an order that qualifies for free shipping with two pairs of sweatpants.
Also, it seems like the premium tees only come in white, black, and grey. I want to get colors.
This is the shirt from Express that I'm looking at. I've read almost nothing but bad things about Express as a brand, but this particular item seems to have a decent reputation.
Check out the color selection.
According to my research, it runs small, slim, and short in the body. Their large is supposed to feel like something between a medium and a large, so that seems perfect for me. I'm worried that the Uniqlo large would hang too low in the body and flare out at the waist, regardless of its quality/value.
Good man. How does it fit in the waist?
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 18 minutes ago
- › Sell dumps Many Country For ATM Cashout: http://www.vcvv.org/ 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 20 minutes ago
- › SELL CVV GOOD And HACKER BIG CVV GOOD Credit Card.Y!M:storecvv 25 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw