Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 493
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 1330112/22/12 at 1:19amQuote:How urgently do you need them? If you need them right away, go for the Express ones if they fit. If not, wait and play with Uniqlo's fits. The polycotton ones on the site run slightly larger than the cotton ones they sell in spring/summer. Between those two fits, you should be able to find one that works for you.Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express...post #7383 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:16ampost #7384 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by .Impulsv
How urgently do you need them? If you need them right away, go for the Express ones if they fit. If not, wait and play with Uniqlo's fits. The polycotton ones on the site run slightly larger than the cotton ones they sell in spring/summer. Between those two fits, you should be able to find one that works for you.
I'm still not decided, but I don't think I'll be able to try on the Express shirts after all. The mall is lousy with last minute shoppers. It was on the news. Cars are aggressively circling the parking lot. I would need a wheel man just to get inside.
For now I might end up placing an order from Express online, trying their large. If it doesn't fit I'll eat the shipping and do an in-store return after the Holidays, trying on their medium in the process.
Can anyone else vouch for the Uniqlo medium v-neck fitting 44+?post #7385 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7386 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7387 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7388 of 1330112/22/12 at 11:57ampost #7389 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:07pmpost #7390 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express.
Didn't want to copy and paste my thoughts about Express into the Uniqlo thread but it does give this post some context.
It would save me a lot of time and money if I thought that the v-necks by Uniqlo could work just as well for me, but unfortunately I won't be able to try one on until I get around to placing a worthwhile order. And there's a sale going at Express that expires Sunday, so I'm pressed for a decision.
Please forgive the machismo of this question, but what do you think is the largest chest measurement that would fit into a Uniqlo medium? I read a post somewhere by a guy who was 45" and he said he wore a large by personal preference but a medium was wearable. The pit to pit on the Uniqlo v-neck sizing chart is 21" for a medium, so I have my doubts.
Hopefully someone can vouch for the capacity of a medium, because the large would probably be too long in the body, very nearly too wide in the shoulders, and far too billowy. If someone could please verify that a medium would work for a 44" chest measurement then I might hold off on this Express purchase until I can try a Uniqlo v-neck on for size.
Thanks again for answering my earlier question about waist sizes.
I have a 44" chest also. Large is your size.post #7391 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
I've got a 39" chest and the broadcloths with the back pleat stitched down fits me good. Although another inch or two I'd have to let the pleat out. I got a love hate with the broadcloth shirts, the fabric is sort of papery.. but for the $19 i paid w/epost #7392 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #7393 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:43pmpost #7394 of 1330112/22/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
I don't want to order a solitary v-neck from Uniqlo because I don't expect it to fit properly in either a medium or a large, and I'm waiting for their double zip hoodie to restock so I can place an order that qualifies for free shipping with two pairs of sweatpants.
Also, it seems like the premium tees only come in white, black, and grey. I want to get colors.
This is the shirt from Express that I'm looking at. I've read almost nothing but bad things about Express as a brand, but this particular item seems to have a decent reputation.
Check out the color selection.
According to my research, it runs small, slim, and short in the body. Their large is supposed to feel like something between a medium and a large, so that seems perfect for me. I'm worried that the Uniqlo large would hang too low in the body and flare out at the waist, regardless of its quality/value.
Good man. How does it fit in the waist?
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Can I wear a suit jacket with kahkis? And does my suit fit? 7 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Video Games 9 minutes ago
- › Eyeglasses - The Basics 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan