Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 493post #7382 of 1393212/22/12 at 1:19amQuote:How urgently do you need them? If you need them right away, go for the Express ones if they fit. If not, wait and play with Uniqlo's fits. The polycotton ones on the site run slightly larger than the cotton ones they sell in spring/summer. Between those two fits, you should be able to find one that works for you.Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express...post #7383 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:16ampost #7384 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by .Impulsv
How urgently do you need them? If you need them right away, go for the Express ones if they fit. If not, wait and play with Uniqlo's fits. The polycotton ones on the site run slightly larger than the cotton ones they sell in spring/summer. Between those two fits, you should be able to find one that works for you.
I'm still not decided, but I don't think I'll be able to try on the Express shirts after all. The mall is lousy with last minute shoppers. It was on the news. Cars are aggressively circling the parking lot. I would need a wheel man just to get inside.
For now I might end up placing an order from Express online, trying their large. If it doesn't fit I'll eat the shipping and do an in-store return after the Holidays, trying on their medium in the process.
Can anyone else vouch for the Uniqlo medium v-neck fitting 44+?post #7385 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7386 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7387 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:48ampost #7388 of 1393212/22/12 at 11:57ampost #7389 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:07pmpost #7390 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
I'm thinking about driving to a mall for no other reason than to try on Express v-necks. Just made a post about it here that explains why I'm looking at Express.
Didn't want to copy and paste my thoughts about Express into the Uniqlo thread but it does give this post some context.
It would save me a lot of time and money if I thought that the v-necks by Uniqlo could work just as well for me, but unfortunately I won't be able to try one on until I get around to placing a worthwhile order. And there's a sale going at Express that expires Sunday, so I'm pressed for a decision.
Please forgive the machismo of this question, but what do you think is the largest chest measurement that would fit into a Uniqlo medium? I read a post somewhere by a guy who was 45" and he said he wore a large by personal preference but a medium was wearable. The pit to pit on the Uniqlo v-neck sizing chart is 21" for a medium, so I have my doubts.
Hopefully someone can vouch for the capacity of a medium, because the large would probably be too long in the body, very nearly too wide in the shoulders, and far too billowy. If someone could please verify that a medium would work for a 44" chest measurement then I might hold off on this Express purchase until I can try a Uniqlo v-neck on for size.
Thanks again for answering my earlier question about waist sizes.
I have a 44" chest also. Large is your size.post #7391 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
I've got a 39" chest and the broadcloths with the back pleat stitched down fits me good. Although another inch or two I'd have to let the pleat out. I got a love hate with the broadcloth shirts, the fabric is sort of papery.. but for the $19 i paid w/epost #7392 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:33pmpost #7393 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:43pmpost #7394 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
I don't want to order a solitary v-neck from Uniqlo because I don't expect it to fit properly in either a medium or a large, and I'm waiting for their double zip hoodie to restock so I can place an order that qualifies for free shipping with two pairs of sweatpants.
Also, it seems like the premium tees only come in white, black, and grey. I want to get colors.
This is the shirt from Express that I'm looking at. I've read almost nothing but bad things about Express as a brand, but this particular item seems to have a decent reputation.
Check out the color selection.
According to my research, it runs small, slim, and short in the body. Their large is supposed to feel like something between a medium and a large, so that seems perfect for me. I'm worried that the Uniqlo large would hang too low in the body and flare out at the waist, regardless of its quality/value.
Good man. How does it fit in the waist?post #7395 of 1393212/22/12 at 12:54pm
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › WHERE ARE THE AFRICA MEMBERS ON THE CLASSIC FORUM?? 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 14 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Light Brown Oxfords Classic collection, factory seconds 18 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 30 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts