or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 485

post #7261 of 11902
I was in NY last week and must have walked by Uniqlo 5X...too much stuff to do with work and family. Arrived home to find my order with vintage chinos. Fit is not good for me....too loose in the ass/thigh and leg opening is too wide at almost 8.5
post #7262 of 11902
Vintage chinos fit me awesome.. for someone who has built out legs
post #7263 of 11902
That's how chinos are suppose to be imo, a slim straight fit that is relaxed and not skinny. I have average legs and it works great. I haven't handled the latest season of UVCs so they might be different now but the couple pairs I've had are great for the price.
post #7264 of 11902

Anyone familiar with their in-store hemming? Was thinking of buying a number of trousers (UVC included) online and sending them along with a family member to NYC for free hemming. I'd get them to match the hem I got on my first pair of vintage chinos, but I was wondering if the hemming is done on the spot, or if it's a "come back next week" type deal. Thanks folks.

post #7265 of 11902
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbrush View Post

Anyone familiar with their in-store hemming? Was thinking of buying a number of trousers (UVC included) online and sending them along with a family member to NYC for free hemming. I'd get them to match the hem I got on my first pair of vintage chinos, but I was wondering if the hemming is done on the spot, or if it's a "come back next week" type deal. Thanks folks.

i asked in SF and they said it would take like 2-4 hours. i ended up not getting them done there, but hope that helps.
post #7266 of 11902
Yeah its usually done within 2 hours, just depends how busy they are. If they're really busy (which I assume they are around this time), or its later in the day, they ask you to come back the next day.
post #7267 of 11902
Went to my local Flagship (Asia) this weekend, they had restock of UU outwears and UU cords, so they might restock them in NA as well. By the way, tried the navy polka dot shirt, their fit is really wacked, then again it is Asian sizes
post #7268 of 11902
Finally going to shop at Uniqlo again after one and a half years... What should I look at? I'm guessing the soft touch tees, the extra fine merino... Heat Tech... A pair of black T-000 for those days I'm feeling 'fashion'

I'm guessing UU is pretty much done.
post #7269 of 11902

Got the black sweatpants in and the new navy slim fit chinos.

 

sweatpants are nice--wear the heattech long johns underneath to keep nice and toasty.  debating whether or not to get another color.  would kop if they had a grey.

 

chinos are nice too, really like the fit and the bit of elastic stretch is nice.  i tried on the vintage chinos and they were like a tent, while these in the same size are pretty spot on.  like w+h cut, but with longer rise (which is good for tucking shirts in).

 

check everyday to snipe a tas jacket in navy.  no luck, but i do have the black coming--hopefully that worksout.

post #7270 of 11902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Got the black sweatpants in and the new navy slim fit chinos.

sweatpants are nice--wear the heattech long johns underneath to keep nice and toasty.  debating whether or not to get another color.  would kop if they had a grey.

chinos are nice too, really like the fit and the bit of elastic stretch is nice.  i tried on the vintage chinos and they were like a tent, while these in the same size are pretty spot on.  like w+h cut, but with longer rise (which is good for tucking shirts in).

check everyday to snipe a tas jacket in navy.  no luck, but i do have the black coming--hopefully that worksout.

do the sweatpants fit slim? would you mind throwing up a fitpic? the day i made my uniqlo purchase they were out of stock. they also now have grey on the website but it seems larger / different design.
post #7271 of 11902

^ oh dang, you're right there are greys now.  But yea, from the picture, the fit looks different.  HMMM.

 

Well, they are slim.  Not skinny.  Basically you can see from the picture that it sort of tapers.  Pretty basic sweats with a nice fit.  

post #7272 of 11902
Did you see the new MA-1 when you were there? Looks kinda shitty but I want a black MA-1.
post #7273 of 11902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Got the black sweatpants in and the new navy slim fit chinos.

sweatpants are nice--wear the heattech long johns underneath to keep nice and toasty.  debating whether or not to get another color.  would kop if they had a grey.

chinos are nice too, really like the fit and the bit of elastic stretch is nice.  i tried on the vintage chinos and they were like a tent, while these in the same size are pretty spot on.  like w+h cut, but with longer rise (which is good for tucking shirts in).

check everyday to snipe a tas jacket in navy.  no luck, but i do have the black coming--hopefully that worksout.

how wide is the leg opening on the new chinos?
post #7274 of 11902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

Did you see the new MA-1 when you were there? Looks kinda shitty but I want a black MA-1.
Would you happen to have photos or a link?
post #7275 of 11902
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrz View Post

do the sweatpants fit slim? would you mind throwing up a fitpic? the day i made my uniqlo purchase they were out of stock. they also now have grey on the website but it seems larger / different design.

please

maybe about a half an hour ago they had a size medium navy tasmanian wool blend slim fit blazer for $59.90...went upstairs with my wife while she got ready for bed and came back down with the intentions of ordering it 'cause i was thinking about it...GONE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread