In another example of Uniqlo doing it right, they provide detailed measurements for every garment.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 404post #6046 of 1485810/23/12 at 5:29pmpost #6047 of 1485810/23/12 at 5:31pm
Chest too tight in Uniqlo, get called fat by SF. I know you guys are being facetious but I do fine in most brands' small. I'll try some other stuff because I really want a gray cashmere but I hope they continue to fine tune their fits for North American market.post #6048 of 1485810/23/12 at 6:00pmpost #6049 of 1485810/23/12 at 7:56pmcouple of thoughts on this yr's regular peacoat jacket...
fabric and construction on this year's peacoat feels like shit.. the jacket is light as hell and overall feels flimsy, unlike the ones they had in previous years. On the other thought, the "navy" version is really navy this year (as opposed to 'reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly dark blue that's indistinguishable to black one on natural light)post #6050 of 1485810/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #6051 of 1485810/24/12 at 6:19ampost #6052 of 1485810/24/12 at 6:20amHas anybody purchased some flannel shirts this year? The webstore says they are 'lighter' then previous years, and I hate light/flimsy flannel shirts. Looking to pick some up for camping/outdoorsy stuff and the price is certainly right ($19.90 right now), but I don't have a store anywhere nearby to check them out.post #6053 of 1485810/24/12 at 6:25ampost #6054 of 1485810/24/12 at 6:35am^^^Damn, well I won't bother then. I hate lightweight shirts (I pretty much exclusively wear heavy-ish flannel shirts or oxfords), especially if they're flannel/work shirts.
And yea, I scoped out their new webstore last night and it looks like all sizes in the flannels are there (for the most part). Too bad, they've got some nice colours and I'm sure the fit is decent.post #6055 of 1485810/24/12 at 6:37amQuote:
damn dawg you live next door to their shipping dept?post #6056 of 1485810/24/12 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed that they have next-day shipping, or at least that it worked out that way for me, particularly on the first day the web store was open. I ordered yesterday, and FedEx dropped it off a couple of minutes ago.
- Comfort jacket, navy, size medium: I am disappoint. Fabric isn't very impressive, and it fits pretty boxy. Armholes are cut pretty low. Button stance is really high.
- Comfort jacket, brown, size small: Much better fit, but still not a keeper. The body fits way better, but the armholes are still cut way too low and the chest is too wide for the cut of the rest of the jacket. Even though the button stance is stupid-high, it looks ok with both buttons buttoned. Still sending back on account of the armholes.
- MiJ slim straight jeans, grey, 29 x 34: I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to send these back (I really don't need another pair of jeans), but I like these enough that I think I'm going to keep them. Also, I don't really have a pair of grey jeans, so I can sort of justify it. And I don't have anything with this crazy blue selvage line, so that makes it ok too, right?
Anyway, sizing down one (i'm a true 30) makes them slightly challenging but definitely not impossible to button. You could go TTs if you want a slouchier fit and/or you're only going to wear them occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend going down two unless you're a serious sadist.
I measured the hem at 7.4", so "slim straight" is a pretty accurate description.
What (unstructured) blazer would you recommend as an alternative (keeping price in mind)?post #6057 of 1485810/24/12 at 9:43amHow is the fit/warmth of the 4 way coat? Is it as warm as the premium down parka without the bulk? I need something warm and non-wool to replace my baggy North Face from my high school days...
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06post #6058 of 1485810/24/12 at 12:52pmpost #6059 of 1485810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #6060 of 1485810/24/12 at 1:55pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1615 Active Users (262 Members and 1353 Guests)
- › Eidos Napoli 53 seconds ago
- › Does my suit fit well? 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suit sleeve length 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...