In another example of Uniqlo doing it right, they provide detailed measurements for every garment.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 404post #6046 of 1344110/23/12 at 5:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6047 of 1344110/23/12 at 5:31pm
Chest too tight in Uniqlo, get called fat by SF. I know you guys are being facetious but I do fine in most brands' small. I'll try some other stuff because I really want a gray cashmere but I hope they continue to fine tune their fits for North American market.post #6048 of 1344110/23/12 at 6:00pmpost #6049 of 1344110/23/12 at 7:56pmcouple of thoughts on this yr's regular peacoat jacket...
fabric and construction on this year's peacoat feels like shit.. the jacket is light as hell and overall feels flimsy, unlike the ones they had in previous years. On the other thought, the "navy" version is really navy this year (as opposed to 'reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly dark blue that's indistinguishable to black one on natural light)post #6050 of 1344110/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #6051 of 1344110/24/12 at 6:19ampost #6052 of 1344110/24/12 at 6:20amHas anybody purchased some flannel shirts this year? The webstore says they are 'lighter' then previous years, and I hate light/flimsy flannel shirts. Looking to pick some up for camping/outdoorsy stuff and the price is certainly right ($19.90 right now), but I don't have a store anywhere nearby to check them out.post #6053 of 1344110/24/12 at 6:25ampost #6054 of 1344110/24/12 at 6:35am^^^Damn, well I won't bother then. I hate lightweight shirts (I pretty much exclusively wear heavy-ish flannel shirts or oxfords), especially if they're flannel/work shirts.
And yea, I scoped out their new webstore last night and it looks like all sizes in the flannels are there (for the most part). Too bad, they've got some nice colours and I'm sure the fit is decent.post #6055 of 1344110/24/12 at 6:37amQuote:
damn dawg you live next door to their shipping dept?post #6056 of 1344110/24/12 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed that they have next-day shipping, or at least that it worked out that way for me, particularly on the first day the web store was open. I ordered yesterday, and FedEx dropped it off a couple of minutes ago.
- Comfort jacket, navy, size medium: I am disappoint. Fabric isn't very impressive, and it fits pretty boxy. Armholes are cut pretty low. Button stance is really high.
- Comfort jacket, brown, size small: Much better fit, but still not a keeper. The body fits way better, but the armholes are still cut way too low and the chest is too wide for the cut of the rest of the jacket. Even though the button stance is stupid-high, it looks ok with both buttons buttoned. Still sending back on account of the armholes.
- MiJ slim straight jeans, grey, 29 x 34: I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to send these back (I really don't need another pair of jeans), but I like these enough that I think I'm going to keep them. Also, I don't really have a pair of grey jeans, so I can sort of justify it. And I don't have anything with this crazy blue selvage line, so that makes it ok too, right?
Anyway, sizing down one (i'm a true 30) makes them slightly challenging but definitely not impossible to button. You could go TTs if you want a slouchier fit and/or you're only going to wear them occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend going down two unless you're a serious sadist.
I measured the hem at 7.4", so "slim straight" is a pretty accurate description.
What (unstructured) blazer would you recommend as an alternative (keeping price in mind)?post #6057 of 1344110/24/12 at 9:43amHow is the fit/warmth of the 4 way coat? Is it as warm as the premium down parka without the bulk? I need something warm and non-wool to replace my baggy North Face from my high school days...
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06post #6058 of 1344110/24/12 at 12:52pmpost #6059 of 1344110/24/12 at 1:51pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1669 Active Users (369 Members and 1300 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › shirt pairing 9 minutes ago
- › Used Kitchen Cabinets For Sale UK 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...