In another example of Uniqlo doing it right, they provide detailed measurements for every garment.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 404post #6046 of 1428510/23/12 at 5:29pmpost #6047 of 1428510/23/12 at 5:31pm
Chest too tight in Uniqlo, get called fat by SF. I know you guys are being facetious but I do fine in most brands' small. I'll try some other stuff because I really want a gray cashmere but I hope they continue to fine tune their fits for North American market.post #6048 of 1428510/23/12 at 6:00pmpost #6049 of 1428510/23/12 at 7:56pmcouple of thoughts on this yr's regular peacoat jacket...
fabric and construction on this year's peacoat feels like shit.. the jacket is light as hell and overall feels flimsy, unlike the ones they had in previous years. On the other thought, the "navy" version is really navy this year (as opposed to 'reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly dark blue that's indistinguishable to black one on natural light)post #6050 of 1428510/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #6051 of 1428510/24/12 at 6:19ampost #6052 of 1428510/24/12 at 6:20amHas anybody purchased some flannel shirts this year? The webstore says they are 'lighter' then previous years, and I hate light/flimsy flannel shirts. Looking to pick some up for camping/outdoorsy stuff and the price is certainly right ($19.90 right now), but I don't have a store anywhere nearby to check them out.post #6053 of 1428510/24/12 at 6:25ampost #6054 of 1428510/24/12 at 6:35am^^^Damn, well I won't bother then. I hate lightweight shirts (I pretty much exclusively wear heavy-ish flannel shirts or oxfords), especially if they're flannel/work shirts.
And yea, I scoped out their new webstore last night and it looks like all sizes in the flannels are there (for the most part). Too bad, they've got some nice colours and I'm sure the fit is decent.post #6055 of 1428510/24/12 at 6:37amQuote:
damn dawg you live next door to their shipping dept?post #6056 of 1428510/24/12 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed that they have next-day shipping, or at least that it worked out that way for me, particularly on the first day the web store was open. I ordered yesterday, and FedEx dropped it off a couple of minutes ago.
- Comfort jacket, navy, size medium: I am disappoint. Fabric isn't very impressive, and it fits pretty boxy. Armholes are cut pretty low. Button stance is really high.
- Comfort jacket, brown, size small: Much better fit, but still not a keeper. The body fits way better, but the armholes are still cut way too low and the chest is too wide for the cut of the rest of the jacket. Even though the button stance is stupid-high, it looks ok with both buttons buttoned. Still sending back on account of the armholes.
- MiJ slim straight jeans, grey, 29 x 34: I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to send these back (I really don't need another pair of jeans), but I like these enough that I think I'm going to keep them. Also, I don't really have a pair of grey jeans, so I can sort of justify it. And I don't have anything with this crazy blue selvage line, so that makes it ok too, right?
Anyway, sizing down one (i'm a true 30) makes them slightly challenging but definitely not impossible to button. You could go TTs if you want a slouchier fit and/or you're only going to wear them occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend going down two unless you're a serious sadist.
I measured the hem at 7.4", so "slim straight" is a pretty accurate description.
What (unstructured) blazer would you recommend as an alternative (keeping price in mind)?post #6057 of 1428510/24/12 at 9:43amHow is the fit/warmth of the 4 way coat? Is it as warm as the premium down parka without the bulk? I need something warm and non-wool to replace my baggy North Face from my high school days...
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06post #6058 of 1428510/24/12 at 12:52pmpost #6059 of 1428510/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #6060 of 1428510/24/12 at 1:55pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1086 Active Users (149 Members and 937 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Chukka with Jeans - Suede or Leather? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › BLACK SWEATERS! SF APPROVED? 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...