In another example of Uniqlo doing it right, they provide detailed measurements for every garment.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Mod to Suedehead Last post on Today at 10:46 am in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 404post #6046 of 1323310/23/12 at 5:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6047 of 1323310/23/12 at 5:31pm
Chest too tight in Uniqlo, get called fat by SF. I know you guys are being facetious but I do fine in most brands' small. I'll try some other stuff because I really want a gray cashmere but I hope they continue to fine tune their fits for North American market.post #6048 of 1323310/23/12 at 6:00pmpost #6049 of 1323310/23/12 at 7:56pmcouple of thoughts on this yr's regular peacoat jacket...
fabric and construction on this year's peacoat feels like shit.. the jacket is light as hell and overall feels flimsy, unlike the ones they had in previous years. On the other thought, the "navy" version is really navy this year (as opposed to 'reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly dark blue that's indistinguishable to black one on natural light)post #6050 of 1323310/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #6051 of 1323310/24/12 at 6:19ampost #6052 of 1323310/24/12 at 6:20amHas anybody purchased some flannel shirts this year? The webstore says they are 'lighter' then previous years, and I hate light/flimsy flannel shirts. Looking to pick some up for camping/outdoorsy stuff and the price is certainly right ($19.90 right now), but I don't have a store anywhere nearby to check them out.post #6053 of 1323310/24/12 at 6:25ampost #6054 of 1323310/24/12 at 6:35am^^^Damn, well I won't bother then. I hate lightweight shirts (I pretty much exclusively wear heavy-ish flannel shirts or oxfords), especially if they're flannel/work shirts.
And yea, I scoped out their new webstore last night and it looks like all sizes in the flannels are there (for the most part). Too bad, they've got some nice colours and I'm sure the fit is decent.post #6055 of 1323310/24/12 at 6:37amQuote:
damn dawg you live next door to their shipping dept?post #6056 of 1323310/24/12 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed that they have next-day shipping, or at least that it worked out that way for me, particularly on the first day the web store was open. I ordered yesterday, and FedEx dropped it off a couple of minutes ago.
- Comfort jacket, navy, size medium: I am disappoint. Fabric isn't very impressive, and it fits pretty boxy. Armholes are cut pretty low. Button stance is really high.
- Comfort jacket, brown, size small: Much better fit, but still not a keeper. The body fits way better, but the armholes are still cut way too low and the chest is too wide for the cut of the rest of the jacket. Even though the button stance is stupid-high, it looks ok with both buttons buttoned. Still sending back on account of the armholes.
- MiJ slim straight jeans, grey, 29 x 34: I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to send these back (I really don't need another pair of jeans), but I like these enough that I think I'm going to keep them. Also, I don't really have a pair of grey jeans, so I can sort of justify it. And I don't have anything with this crazy blue selvage line, so that makes it ok too, right?
Anyway, sizing down one (i'm a true 30) makes them slightly challenging but definitely not impossible to button. You could go TTs if you want a slouchier fit and/or you're only going to wear them occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend going down two unless you're a serious sadist.
I measured the hem at 7.4", so "slim straight" is a pretty accurate description.
What (unstructured) blazer would you recommend as an alternative (keeping price in mind)?post #6057 of 1323310/24/12 at 9:43amHow is the fit/warmth of the 4 way coat? Is it as warm as the premium down parka without the bulk? I need something warm and non-wool to replace my baggy North Face from my high school days...
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06post #6058 of 1323310/24/12 at 12:52pmpost #6059 of 1323310/24/12 at 1:51pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1550 Active Users (383 Members and 1167 Guests)
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 14 seconds ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 44 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Obenauf's LP: It works 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...