or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 395

post #5911 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post


It's also a wild exaggeration. I went through pretty much every flannel on the site, and I saw maybe two that didn't have a decent size run available. Hell, most of the flannels aren't even available in XXL.


That seems more like what I'd expect.  Normally the extreme sizes on both ends of the spectrum sell out first. 

post #5912 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAngel View Post

I was under the impression that uniqlo items were made in japan.. are they mostly made in china then?
not that there's anything wrong with that, just not what i was expecting.. how is this any different from gap or h&m?

I think most items are not made in Japan, only ones marked specifically are. Uniqlo is at least on par with Gap. I don't have anything from H&M so can't comment on that.
post #5913 of 11198
does anyone know if these gray ones are the jeans with the light blue selvedge?

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-made-in-japan-slim-fit-jeans/073553-06-036
post #5914 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


I think most items are not made in Japan, only ones marked specifically are. Uniqlo is at least on par with Gap. I don't have anything from H&M so can't comment on that.

Yeah, I can confirm gap quality. Definitely above H&M

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

does anyone know if these gray ones are the jeans with the light blue selvedge?
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-made-in-japan-slim-fit-jeans/073553-06-036
 
yes
post #5915 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89andy View Post

thinking of this http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/073559?gareco=r_l4
anyone have it? Should I size up? Measurements make it seem quite small.
That's a lot of polyester for a knit. Course it could always be worse, I've seen 100% poly knits from Zara before.
post #5916 of 11198
Yea, I think H&M uses paper towels for most their clothes.
post #5917 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3429 View Post

That's a lot of polyester for a knit. Course it could always be worse, I've seen 100% poly knits from Zara before.

all uniqlo knits that use primarly technical fabrics are fucken garbage
post #5918 of 11198
And not even the fancy, absorbent ones.
post #5919 of 11198
Did they change the sizing on the oxford slim fit shirts or madras short sleeve linen/cotton shirts? I have a small in both from a year and a half ago and both are tight in the chest so I'm thinking of getting mediums. But the sizing says the chest for smalls on the oxford is 20.5 and the madras is 21.7 ? No way is there 2.4 inches of diff in the chest measurement on the ones I have. So confused.
post #5920 of 11198
Premium down light jacket measurements look huge. Size down?

Also, everyone buying socks...



Get a multi-buy!! Save .$02 thumbs-up.gif
post #5921 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post

all uniqlo knits that use primarly technical fabrics are fucken garbage

I read a recent interview with the main dude at Uniqlo and he was saying how his main focus is techinical fabrics and expanding them. I was like NOOOOOO
post #5922 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Yea, I think H&M uses paper towels for most their clothes.
Cosign that. hahaha
post #5923 of 11198

Interesting read on Uniqlo's expansion into the US market:

 

"By Phil Wahba

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10am EDT

(Reuters) - Japanese fashion retailer Uniqlo is turning to e-commerce in a bid to speed up its expansion in the United States and take on more established rivals like H&M and Zara in that market.

Uniqlo, a unit of Japan's Fast Retailing Co Ltd, will launch its U.S. online shopping site next week, as a key component of an effort to earn $10 billion in overall North American sales by 2020.

Uniqlo opened its first U.S. store in 2006, but still only has five locations, with recently opened shops in San Francisco and New Jersey, along with its other three in Manhattan.

But expansion is set to go full throttle, with 20 to 30 new U.S. stores opened annually over the next few years.

And the new e-commerce site is essential to widening its reach to potential customers, even as the new stores are set up.

"By opening this e-commerce site now, we are able to cater to customers across the United States," Uniqlo USA CEO Shin Odake told Reuters in an interview last week.

He declined to say what percentage of business the company hoped online sales would represent.

Fast Retailing Co's ambitious expansion plan for newer markets like the United States and China comes amid slower growth at home.

The retailer's ambition is to leapfrog Zara, H&M and Gap Inc as the world's top apparel retailer by 2020, and online shopping is at the center of that goal.

In the United States, H&M, a unit of Sweden's Hennes & Mauritz SA, has 250 stores, while Zara, a unit of Spanish company Inditex S.A. operates about 50.

H&M and Zara, known as "fast fashion" retailers, offer trendy clothes at low prices aimed at shoppers who want to frequently refresh their wardrobes.

ONLINE PUSH

An e-commerce site offers Uniqlo a way to catch up with H&M, which said recently it will launch its U.S. shopping site in mid-2013, delayed from an originally planned launch this fall. Zara launched its U.S. website in September 2011, while Gap's namesake brand began offering online shopping in 1997.

Uniqlo already has e-commerce sites in Britain, China and Japan and will use a similar format for its U.S. site.

Launching a successful site, especially one catering to a younger, tech-savvy clientele, can be daunting and involved. Add to that the challenges of shorter lead times between ordering and receiving merchandise than for traditional retailers, and the result is a costly and complex endeavor for fashion chains.

"You need to have photographs of everything. You need to be able to zoom in and zoom out, turn the image 360 degrees," said Retail Systems Research analyst Paula Rosenblum. "When you're turning merchandise eight to nine times a year, that's expensive."

That's why H&M, and even companies like off-price retailer TJX Cos Inc's T.J. Maxx, a fast-growing U.S. chain, have yet to set up online U.S. shopping sites, she said.

Many fashion chains side-step those problems by offering online only a fraction of their in-store merchandise. They also create online exclusives.

Still, Odake said Uniqlo's U.S. website will offer everything its stores do, plus extra sizes and fits for a few items like men's ultra-light down jackets or women's corduroy leggings.

"Basically, our e-commerce and our store experience should be the same," he said.

The uniqlo.com site, designed with Razorfish and Digitas, units of French advertising company Publicis Groupe, will have a recommendation engine based on a customer's preferences and prior purchases.

post #5924 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphelan View Post

Interesting read on Uniqlo's expansion into the US market:

 

"By Phil Wahba

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10am EDT

(Reuters) - Japanese fashion retailer Uniqlo is turning to e-commerce in a bid to speed up its expansion in the United States and take on more established rivals like H&M and Zara in that market.

Uniqlo, a unit of Japan's Fast Retailing Co Ltd, will launch its U.S. online shopping site next week, as a key component of an effort to earn $10 billion in overall North American sales by 2020.

Uniqlo opened its first U.S. store in 2006, but still only has five locations, with recently opened shops in San Francisco and New Jersey, along with its other three in Manhattan.

But expansion is set to go full throttle, with 20 to 30 new U.S. stores opened annually over the next few years.

And the new e-commerce site is essential to widening its reach to potential customers, even as the new stores are set up.

"By opening this e-commerce site now, we are able to cater to customers across the United States," Uniqlo USA CEO Shin Odake told Reuters in an interview last week.

He declined to say what percentage of business the company hoped online sales would represent.

Fast Retailing Co's ambitious expansion plan for newer markets like the United States and China comes amid slower growth at home.

The retailer's ambition is to leapfrog Zara, H&M and Gap Inc as the world's top apparel retailer by 2020, and online shopping is at the center of that goal.

In the United States, H&M, a unit of Sweden's Hennes & Mauritz SA, has 250 stores, while Zara, a unit of Spanish company Inditex S.A. operates about 50.

H&M and Zara, known as "fast fashion" retailers, offer trendy clothes at low prices aimed at shoppers who want to frequently refresh their wardrobes.

ONLINE PUSH

An e-commerce site offers Uniqlo a way to catch up with H&M, which said recently it will launch its U.S. shopping site in mid-2013, delayed from an originally planned launch this fall. Zara launched its U.S. website in September 2011, while Gap's namesake brand began offering online shopping in 1997.

Uniqlo already has e-commerce sites in Britain, China and Japan and will use a similar format for its U.S. site.

Launching a successful site, especially one catering to a younger, tech-savvy clientele, can be daunting and involved. Add to that the challenges of shorter lead times between ordering and receiving merchandise than for traditional retailers, and the result is a costly and complex endeavor for fashion chains.

"You need to have photographs of everything. You need to be able to zoom in and zoom out, turn the image 360 degrees," said Retail Systems Research analyst Paula Rosenblum. "When you're turning merchandise eight to nine times a year, that's expensive."

That's why H&M, and even companies like off-price retailer TJX Cos Inc's T.J. Maxx, a fast-growing U.S. chain, have yet to set up online U.S. shopping sites, she said.

Many fashion chains side-step those problems by offering online only a fraction of their in-store merchandise. They also create online exclusives.

Still, Odake said Uniqlo's U.S. website will offer everything its stores do, plus extra sizes and fits for a few items like men's ultra-light down jackets or women's corduroy leggings.

"Basically, our e-commerce and our store experience should be the same," he said.

The uniqlo.com site, designed with Razorfish and Digitas, units of French advertising company Publicis Groupe, will have a recommendation engine based on a customer's preferences and prior purchases.

Then why don't they have UU or UT :(

post #5925 of 11198

I would imagine UU and UT will be popping up shortly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread