Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 270
Just received their Fine Cotton Uniqlo Oxford in slim fit and I have to say it wears pretty nicely without being overly slim. Slim fit I have noticed that the arms are slimmer, and the body tapers every so slightly. If you do not have a large drop like myself, it is a nice shirt.
I would recommend this to anyone who needs a shirt for the office and whom is not required to wear a tie everyday.
The fabric on the other hand is rather thin for an oxford shirt. Not thick and it is a bit transparent but should not show your nips. Compared to a shirt by WvG let's say, the material is on the thin side. It is very much like a dress shirt, smooth hand. Also the slim fit aspect does not suppress your waist, punishing those who may not be naturally thin, or have huge drop.
I like it for the lightness of the fabric (you do not need linen if you have this shirt for summer) and fit. I can provide a better comparison once the regular fit Oxfords come in. I am assuming the arms are a bit fuller along with the body, material will be a bit heavier.
UU oxfrod is nice for what it is and I do not mind the smaller collar as Teger pointed out. The sleeves are a bit short, but nothing I will fuss about. It is meant for casual summer wear for me, and I find it can be worn unbuttoned with a uneck or vneck underneath. Small details that some may appreciate like the hem and sleeve. I do not care much for it. Overall I like it and will order a black and blue perhaps. (Leave the white oxford to the normal Uniqlo line).
All are size Small. Again, I have several non-slim fit Uniqlo oxfords coming in as well ($14.90 promo deal) that will give me a better idea of the overall shirt offering. For those who were wondering, the fine cotton oxford was on promo for $19.90, not sure if the extra cost is warranted. Retail is $29.90 and $39.90 respectively. Perhaps the extra $10 is because the fine cotton looks nicer, more suitable as a dress shirt than the former.
And for those who maybe curious, Uniqlo spread collar dress shirts are also nice.
* * *
I have tried plenty of shirts IMO and TB still is the best. But as I hold no real significant value to shirts as in the "end game" I find they all rook same, and fit can always be manipulated via tailors, aside from the ones who may have prints and structurally different designs.
ETA: Nvm, read your post wrong. Thought you scraped up the jacket on the elbow and arm area.
alt. (Click to show)
Dat Japanese hustler swag
Have you washed the pants? I think I read a comment that they turn into a sweatpants after a wash..
Heres a picture of the fitting of the slim "oxford" cloth shirts. For £20 I cant complain but as members here have said earlier, they are nothing like your standard oxford weave shirts. This is quite light to be honest, perfect for the summer but the material could be better. I also copped one in light blue, and like Samir the blue one feels much better in terms of overall fabric than the white version.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Please critique my Bespoke Tuxedo 1 minute ago
- › Buttero black side zips (40) 1 minute ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Garrard Wings Collection Pendant Necklace .925 Silver 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina suede Chelsea boots (7.5 UK) 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)