Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 270post #4036 of 133954/23/12 at 7:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4037 of 133954/23/12 at 7:27pmSo if you have been following my updates and reviews i.e. Uniqlo wool trousers, I have one coming up for their shirts:
Just received their Fine Cotton Uniqlo Oxford in slim fit and I have to say it wears pretty nicely without being overly slim. Slim fit I have noticed that the arms are slimmer, and the body tapers every so slightly. If you do not have a large drop like myself, it is a nice shirt.
I would recommend this to anyone who needs a shirt for the office and whom is not required to wear a tie everyday.
The fabric on the other hand is rather thin for an oxford shirt. Not thick and it is a bit transparent but should not show your nips. Compared to a shirt by WvG let's say, the material is on the thin side. It is very much like a dress shirt, smooth hand. Also the slim fit aspect does not suppress your waist, punishing those who may not be naturally thin, or have huge drop.
I like it for the lightness of the fabric (you do not need linen if you have this shirt for summer) and fit. I can provide a better comparison once the regular fit Oxfords come in. I am assuming the arms are a bit fuller along with the body, material will be a bit heavier.
UU oxfrod is nice for what it is and I do not mind the smaller collar as Teger pointed out. The sleeves are a bit short, but nothing I will fuss about. It is meant for casual summer wear for me, and I find it can be worn unbuttoned with a uneck or vneck underneath. Small details that some may appreciate like the hem and sleeve. I do not care much for it. Overall I like it and will order a black and blue perhaps. (Leave the white oxford to the normal Uniqlo line).
All are size Small. Again, I have several non-slim fit Uniqlo oxfords coming in as well ($14.90 promo deal) that will give me a better idea of the overall shirt offering. For those who were wondering, the fine cotton oxford was on promo for $19.90, not sure if the extra cost is warranted. Retail is $29.90 and $39.90 respectively. Perhaps the extra $10 is because the fine cotton looks nicer, more suitable as a dress shirt than the former.
And for those who maybe curious, Uniqlo spread collar dress shirts are also nice.
* * *
I have tried plenty of shirts IMO and TB still is the best. But as I hold no real significant value to shirts as in the "end game" I find they all rook same, and fit can always be manipulated via tailors, aside from the ones who may have prints and structurally different designs.post #4038 of 133954/23/12 at 7:30pmpost #4039 of 133954/23/12 at 7:31pmpost #4040 of 133954/23/12 at 7:33pmpost #4041 of 133954/23/12 at 7:51pmpost #4042 of 133954/23/12 at 7:58pmQuote:
ETA: Nvm, read your post wrong. Thought you scraped up the jacket on the elbow and arm area.post #4043 of 133954/23/12 at 8:00pmpost #4044 of 133954/23/12 at 8:13pmpost #4045 of 133954/23/12 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
alt. (Click to show)
Dat Japanese hustler swagQuote:
Have you washed the pants? I think I read a comment that they turn into a sweatpants after a wash..post #4046 of 133954/23/12 at 10:54pmpost #4047 of 133954/23/12 at 11:29pmpost #4048 of 133954/24/12 at 11:40am
Heres a picture of the fitting of the slim "oxford" cloth shirts. For £20 I cant complain but as members here have said earlier, they are nothing like your standard oxford weave shirts. This is quite light to be honest, perfect for the summer but the material could be better. I also copped one in light blue, and like Samir the blue one feels much better in terms of overall fabric than the white version.post #4049 of 133954/24/12 at 1:23pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 13 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 50 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Seattle real estate 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...