Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 270post #4036 of 143094/23/12 at 7:16pmpost #4037 of 143094/23/12 at 7:27pmSo if you have been following my updates and reviews i.e. Uniqlo wool trousers, I have one coming up for their shirts:
Just received their Fine Cotton Uniqlo Oxford in slim fit and I have to say it wears pretty nicely without being overly slim. Slim fit I have noticed that the arms are slimmer, and the body tapers every so slightly. If you do not have a large drop like myself, it is a nice shirt.
I would recommend this to anyone who needs a shirt for the office and whom is not required to wear a tie everyday.
The fabric on the other hand is rather thin for an oxford shirt. Not thick and it is a bit transparent but should not show your nips. Compared to a shirt by WvG let's say, the material is on the thin side. It is very much like a dress shirt, smooth hand. Also the slim fit aspect does not suppress your waist, punishing those who may not be naturally thin, or have huge drop.
I like it for the lightness of the fabric (you do not need linen if you have this shirt for summer) and fit. I can provide a better comparison once the regular fit Oxfords come in. I am assuming the arms are a bit fuller along with the body, material will be a bit heavier.
UU oxfrod is nice for what it is and I do not mind the smaller collar as Teger pointed out. The sleeves are a bit short, but nothing I will fuss about. It is meant for casual summer wear for me, and I find it can be worn unbuttoned with a uneck or vneck underneath. Small details that some may appreciate like the hem and sleeve. I do not care much for it. Overall I like it and will order a black and blue perhaps. (Leave the white oxford to the normal Uniqlo line).
All are size Small. Again, I have several non-slim fit Uniqlo oxfords coming in as well ($14.90 promo deal) that will give me a better idea of the overall shirt offering. For those who were wondering, the fine cotton oxford was on promo for $19.90, not sure if the extra cost is warranted. Retail is $29.90 and $39.90 respectively. Perhaps the extra $10 is because the fine cotton looks nicer, more suitable as a dress shirt than the former.
And for those who maybe curious, Uniqlo spread collar dress shirts are also nice.
* * *
I have tried plenty of shirts IMO and TB still is the best. But as I hold no real significant value to shirts as in the "end game" I find they all rook same, and fit can always be manipulated via tailors, aside from the ones who may have prints and structurally different designs.post #4038 of 143094/23/12 at 7:30pmpost #4039 of 143094/23/12 at 7:31pmpost #4040 of 143094/23/12 at 7:33pmpost #4041 of 143094/23/12 at 7:51pmpost #4042 of 143094/23/12 at 7:58pmQuote:
ETA: Nvm, read your post wrong. Thought you scraped up the jacket on the elbow and arm area.post #4043 of 143094/23/12 at 8:00pmpost #4044 of 143094/23/12 at 8:13pmpost #4045 of 143094/23/12 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
alt. (Click to show)
Dat Japanese hustler swagQuote:
Have you washed the pants? I think I read a comment that they turn into a sweatpants after a wash..post #4046 of 143094/23/12 at 10:54pmpost #4047 of 143094/23/12 at 11:29pmpost #4048 of 143094/24/12 at 11:40am
Heres a picture of the fitting of the slim "oxford" cloth shirts. For £20 I cant complain but as members here have said earlier, they are nothing like your standard oxford weave shirts. This is quite light to be honest, perfect for the summer but the material could be better. I also copped one in light blue, and like Samir the blue one feels much better in terms of overall fabric than the white version.post #4049 of 143094/24/12 at 1:23pmpost #4050 of 143094/24/12 at 2:39pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Left Field Selvedge Duck Chinos 17 seconds ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 24 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unhappy Bespoke Experience Review 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...