Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 220post #3286 of 134433/16/12 at 9:20amGot my shirts from yoo, thanks mate! I didn't remember the oxfords were this heavy, we're talking a really sturdy fabric like those 1950s grey suited men would have loved. Uniqlo has some pretty impressive fabrics for the price (I also liked the Tasmanian wool). If you're like me and you throw away your white shirts after a year this is a more than decent option Stitching is not incredible but looks solid and the cheap buttons won't fall off on you. I've had bespoke shirts in the $250-350 range (that was a few years ago so I'm assuming they're $350-$500 now) that I didn't really care for more, make no mistake they were obviously better built and the fabric was more elaborate but nothing I really give a fuck about.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 134433/16/12 at 9:48amI checked out the Undercover line today.
Quality across the board is really ehh. That Rider's jacket that everybody is hyping up is just that: hype. Crappy pleather, weird pockets. Lol @ anybody who buys it at that price point ($100).
Even that hooded maroon blouson is not worth it. The only thing I liked were the Easy Pants, which were essentially really soft sweats.post #3288 of 134433/16/12 at 9:50ampost #3289 of 134433/16/12 at 10:10amJust got my oxfords from yoo, as well. I have one from 2010 and the material they're using now still feels sturdy and substantial.* Great for the price, and even better for the promotion price. I sized up to a large because the arms and shoulders were a bit tight on me for the mediums. I'll probably need to get the body slimmed a bit, but it's a really nice fit everywhere else.
And because I suspect a lot of guys are getting the oxfords from yoo, here's a helpful post from aeglus on getting a good collar roll:Quote:
*I'm actually selling this right now, since it's a medium and a bit tight in the arms for me now.post #3290 of 134433/16/12 at 11:45ampost #3291 of 134433/16/12 at 11:49am
Quote:Originally Posted by APK
Just got my oxfords from yoo, as well. I have one from 2010 and the material they're using now still feels sturdy and substantial.* Great for the price, and even better for the promotion price. I sized up to a large because the arms and shoulders were a bit tight on me for the mediums. I'll probably need to get the body slimmed a bit, but it's a really nice fit everywhere else.
And because I suspect a lot of guys are getting the oxfords from yoo, here's a helpful post from aeglus on getting a good collar roll:
*I'm actually selling this right now, since it's a medium and a bit tight in the arms for me now.
Are we the same size? I forget. I'm a 40, would a large be too large? Sorry, I realize the answer is probably here a hundred times in this thread.post #3292 of 134433/16/12 at 11:50ampost #3293 of 134433/16/12 at 11:52ampost #3294 of 134433/16/12 at 11:59amQuote:
I usually wear 30.
for ez pants, according to their size chart, S is for 27-30, which fits me pretty good, not loose not tight.
and M is for 30-33, L for 33-36. Both of them I dint trypost #3295 of 134433/16/12 at 12:02pmpost #3296 of 134433/16/12 at 12:09pmpost #3297 of 134433/16/12 at 12:18pmpost #3298 of 134433/16/12 at 12:21pmpost #3299 of 134433/16/12 at 12:25pmpost #3300 of 134433/16/12 at 2:07pmQuote:
I think I'm a little bigger. The medium fit pretty well in the body, but the upper arms were tight and the chest was getting a bit snug. My only concern with sizing up was the shoulders (since the body can be tailored), but they look fine, so it worked out.
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 27 minutes ago
- › Suit fit check 49 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 49 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 58 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...