Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 189post #2821 of 139881/20/12 at 5:44pmpost #2822 of 139881/20/12 at 7:19pmIf anyone is interested in ordering the EFM wool vs. lambswool sweaters, the EFM is about 1 size smaller.
I say this because the lambswool is great for layering and worn over a shirt.
The same size in EFM has a bit of a tight/extra slim fit look to it. Worn by itself, it fits nice. The EFM crewneck has a nice high collar that doesn't droop. Worn with slacks and a coat + jacket would be ideal as TTS doesn't leave any room for layering underneath, only on top.
FWIW, I ordered size small lambswool and EFM. I may have found a nice alternative for S/S or fall/autumn transitional top. It is quite warm by itself, the EFM. And it is soft whereas the lambswool is scratchy if worn against skin.
Regarding the Tasmanian suits, I had a spill last night--Chinese food--some sauce spilled onto the the bottom left hem of pants. The sauce was like goo and probably had a lot of different food types mixed together i.e. oil
Got home about 3hrs later and dabbed/hand washed with a cloth dipped in cold water and oxiclean. Beforehand, I initially just dabbed and cleaned off the mess with a dry napkin. Was freaking out (0)...Today the stains are pretty faded. You wouldn't notice it unless I showed you and even then, I think with more wear, it will just fade with time. STILL considering dipping the small tip of the hem into cold water + detergent and let it soak for 30mins. But will probably hold back for the time being. I just got to remember that it is just clothes after all and it will be trashed eventually--I'll just try hard not to think about it. Being my first time with such an incident, it pains me to know that it will probably happen again randomly in the future. That said, $90 is a nice price for a decent quality suit to rotate throughout the week.
I just wish personally that I was not so paranoidpost #2823 of 139881/21/12 at 6:53ampost #2824 of 139881/21/12 at 7:19ampost #2825 of 139881/21/12 at 12:19pmpost #2826 of 139881/22/12 at 10:29ampost #2827 of 139881/22/12 at 11:18amQuote:
stick with the merino. The lambswool quality is pretty shit from what I had seen in store.post #2828 of 139881/22/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I agree with what gettoasty wrote a few posts up, the EFM sweater is very slim fitting while the lambswool is more looser fitting. I think you could fit the small.post #2829 of 139881/22/12 at 12:39pmpost #2830 of 139881/22/12 at 12:50pmDoes anyone know whether the fit on the MIJ slim fit jeans: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070929
Is about the same as the fit on the MIJ regular fit jeans: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070931
I have the regular fit jeans sized down one, and I can't tell whether it makes sense to go TTS for the slim fits.post #2831 of 139881/22/12 at 2:39pmpost #2832 of 139881/22/12 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 139881/22/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
The lambswool is already pilling?post #2834 of 139881/22/12 at 3:01pmNope, typed it out wrong.
I am saying that the EFM has a higher chance of ripping and pilling vs. the lambswool. Because of the material of the lambswool, it is more rigid. And even if it looks like its pilling, which I do not seeing that happening soon, the material helps it blend in better.
You know EFM stands for "extra fine merino", which is very smooth so ANY wear and tear will show more clearly than the lambswool. Lambswool is actually more F/W weight vs. the EFM which IMO is more S/S or autumn.
FWIW, I live in the Bay Area so you can judge the weather condition from that.
Go niners!post #2835 of 139881/22/12 at 8:09pmQuote:
Right...I know that they add 2 to the "true" waist measurement to get the actual measurement of the waistband, I'm just not sure if the actual fit is the same. You can have two pairs of jeans that measure the same in terms of waist circumference but don't actually fit the same, which is why I was hoping someone who owns the jeans could speak up regarding sizing down one (as with the regular fit) or going TTS. I believe the recommendation with the skinny fit is to go TTS, even though the web site lists the waist measurement as identical to the slim fit and regular fit models.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 958 Active Users (109 Members and 849 Guests)
- › Looking for a shoe somebody posted 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › Should I taper those jeans? 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Brexit 9 minutes ago
- › Museum Calf Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › NWOT Guglielmionotti Handsewn Italian Shirt - Size 39 19 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Leather Jacket (Black or Brown) Size S/M 38/40 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding