Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 189post #2821 of 133961/20/12 at 5:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2822 of 133961/20/12 at 7:19pmIf anyone is interested in ordering the EFM wool vs. lambswool sweaters, the EFM is about 1 size smaller.
I say this because the lambswool is great for layering and worn over a shirt.
The same size in EFM has a bit of a tight/extra slim fit look to it. Worn by itself, it fits nice. The EFM crewneck has a nice high collar that doesn't droop. Worn with slacks and a coat + jacket would be ideal as TTS doesn't leave any room for layering underneath, only on top.
FWIW, I ordered size small lambswool and EFM. I may have found a nice alternative for S/S or fall/autumn transitional top. It is quite warm by itself, the EFM. And it is soft whereas the lambswool is scratchy if worn against skin.
Regarding the Tasmanian suits, I had a spill last night--Chinese food--some sauce spilled onto the the bottom left hem of pants. The sauce was like goo and probably had a lot of different food types mixed together i.e. oil
Got home about 3hrs later and dabbed/hand washed with a cloth dipped in cold water and oxiclean. Beforehand, I initially just dabbed and cleaned off the mess with a dry napkin. Was freaking out (0)...Today the stains are pretty faded. You wouldn't notice it unless I showed you and even then, I think with more wear, it will just fade with time. STILL considering dipping the small tip of the hem into cold water + detergent and let it soak for 30mins. But will probably hold back for the time being. I just got to remember that it is just clothes after all and it will be trashed eventually--I'll just try hard not to think about it. Being my first time with such an incident, it pains me to know that it will probably happen again randomly in the future. That said, $90 is a nice price for a decent quality suit to rotate throughout the week.
I just wish personally that I was not so paranoidpost #2823 of 133961/21/12 at 6:53ampost #2824 of 133961/21/12 at 7:19ampost #2825 of 133961/21/12 at 12:19pmpost #2826 of 133961/22/12 at 10:29ampost #2827 of 133961/22/12 at 11:18amQuote:
stick with the merino. The lambswool quality is pretty shit from what I had seen in store.post #2828 of 133961/22/12 at 11:37amQuote:
I agree with what gettoasty wrote a few posts up, the EFM sweater is very slim fitting while the lambswool is more looser fitting. I think you could fit the small.post #2829 of 133961/22/12 at 12:39pmpost #2830 of 133961/22/12 at 12:50pmDoes anyone know whether the fit on the MIJ slim fit jeans: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070929
Is about the same as the fit on the MIJ regular fit jeans: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070931
I have the regular fit jeans sized down one, and I can't tell whether it makes sense to go TTS for the slim fits.post #2831 of 133961/22/12 at 2:39pmpost #2832 of 133961/22/12 at 2:50pmpost #2833 of 133961/22/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
The lambswool is already pilling?post #2834 of 133961/22/12 at 3:01pmNope, typed it out wrong.
I am saying that the EFM has a higher chance of ripping and pilling vs. the lambswool. Because of the material of the lambswool, it is more rigid. And even if it looks like its pilling, which I do not seeing that happening soon, the material helps it blend in better.
You know EFM stands for "extra fine merino", which is very smooth so ANY wear and tear will show more clearly than the lambswool. Lambswool is actually more F/W weight vs. the EFM which IMO is more S/S or autumn.
FWIW, I live in the Bay Area so you can judge the weather condition from that.
Go niners!post #2835 of 133961/22/12 at 8:09pmQuote:
Right...I know that they add 2 to the "true" waist measurement to get the actual measurement of the waistband, I'm just not sure if the actual fit is the same. You can have two pairs of jeans that measure the same in terms of waist circumference but don't actually fit the same, which is why I was hoping someone who owns the jeans could speak up regarding sizing down one (as with the regular fit) or going TTS. I believe the recommendation with the skinny fit is to go TTS, even though the web site lists the waist measurement as identical to the slim fit and regular fit models.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1493 Active Users (377 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...