or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 129

post #1921 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post

Is it true that the US/Euro sizes are a little longer in length than their equivalent Asian sizes?

I've compared dress/casual/flannel shirt measurements from UK and JP sites. JP is identical to UK one size smaller, but with shorter sleeve length. The body length stays the same, which I found odd.
post #1922 of 11866
Make sense. I've found that sleeves on Uniqlo shirts seem to hit high here.

I'm really liking the dark grey oxford I got here, though. I'm tempted to proxy one from the US now for the correct sleeve length...
post #1923 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I first proxied some uniqlo basics with darkanimal? I think it was back in 06 and I bought some shit in 07 when I was in NY. The only reason I'm picking up these cardigans is as beaters for work, may just pickup non J stuff I don't know yet.
I never post in this thread unless something catches my eye like the flannels. I buy uniqlo when I can't find the best iteration of something that I'm completely happy with, like flannels.
Iz dat coo wit u?

Flathead for a shorter one and Engineered garment for a longer one. Amusingly enough I recently purchased a bunch of Uniqlo stuff, partly to prove a point about dressing well with low cost garments and partly cause they have some interesting things.

Got:
White black herringbone jacket (tasmanian wool, slim fit)
Navy jacket (tasmanian wool, slim fit)
Blue sweater (+J)
Red sweater
Stripped dress shirt
T-000 black jeans
post #1924 of 11866
I'm after a few +J coats that are no longer available on the UK webiste. In particular the belted trench in XS/S. I'm looking for a proxy to pick me one up from either a UK store (If available) or another country.

PM me if intrested.
post #1925 of 11866
Does anyone know if any of the stores still have black cotton or black +J tapered trousers, and how those might fit, compared to say APCs maybe?
post #1926 of 11866

I have a +j flannel blazer in XS up for sale, if anyone's interested. 

post #1927 of 11866

in need of a new coat...looking at either the duffle, peacoat, or the chesterfield

 

opinions?

post #1928 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDH View Post

I'm after a few +J coats that are no longer available on the UK webiste. In particular the belted trench in XS/S. I'm looking for a proxy to pick me one up from either a UK store (If available) or another country.
PM me if intrested.
I hate the way the +J trench looks, but maybe it's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuno21 View Post

in need of a new coat...looking at either the duffle, peacoat, or the chesterfield

opinions?
What aspect of them would you like feedback on? Fit, material, warmth, etc.
You really can't go wrong with either the peacoat or the duffle. In a flat dark color, they're both styles that you can dress up or down (read: you can wear it with the stuff you already have). The Chesterfield (and double-breasted coat +E) take a bit more effort to pull off, IMO.
Edited by .Impulsv - 11/14/11 at 9:48am
post #1929 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post
What aspect of them would you like feedback on? Fit, material, warmth, etc.
You really can't go wrong with either the peacoat or the duffle. In a flat dark color, they're both styles that you can dress up or down (read: you can wear it with the stuff you already have). The Chesterfield (and double-breasted coat +E) take a bit more effort to pull off, IMO.

 

I'm looking at the practicality aspect of the coats the most. Warmth and fit are of equal importance,and it's my understanding that all three coats are made of a wool blend. I'd like to wear it bumming around campus and also when going out (bars, dates, etc). Possibly even throwing it on over a sport coat.

 

I've had the opportunity to try on the peacoat, which fit very well, but the duffle seems to be a nice alternative.  
 

 

post #1930 of 11866
Looking for the duffle and/or wool block coat in XS. Send me a PM.
post #1931 of 11866
My buddy is heading to NY next week and he's proxying for me. What basics should I pick up? I'm thinking about having him grab a slim tasmanian wool suit, navy. How much does it run total and how the sizing? Think I'll also get some heattech long johns, maybe some sweaters? I dunno, gotta check their site
post #1932 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I first proxied some uniqlo basics with darkanimal? I think it was back in 06 and I bought some shit in 07 when I was in NY. The only reason I'm picking up these cardigans is as beaters for work, may just pickup non J stuff I don't know yet.
I never post in this thread unless something catches my eye like the flannels. I buy uniqlo when I can't find the best iteration of something that I'm completely happy with, like flannels.
Iz dat coo wit u?

Flathead for a shorter one and Engineered garment for a longer one. Amusingly enough I recently purchased a bunch of Uniqlo stuff, partly to prove a point about dressing well with low cost garments and partly cause they have some interesting things.

Got:
White black herringbone jacket (tasmanian wool, slim fit)
Navy jacket (tasmanian wool, slim fit)
Blue sweater (+J)
Red sweater
Stripped dress shirt
T-000 black jeans

Thanks fuuma, EG doesn't fit me and I want a boxy fit with non-workwearish details. You can build a solid wardrobe from uniqlo, especially with the +j stuff.
post #1933 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Thanks fuuma, EG doesn't fit me and I want a boxy fit with non-workwearish details. You can build a solid wardrobe from uniqlo, especially with the +j stuff.

I actually fit the regular stuff very well (in asia) but the +J sweaters have noticeably better materials. In America or Europe I think I'd need to tailor jackets but I might be wrong about the lenght they use.

Yeah it is possible to build a solid wardrobe from Uniqlo (if you fit the pieces well). I think it will lack some spice though (and no shoes). In addition to what I listed I already owned a +J blue stripped dress shirt and some black slim fit dress pants I cropped at the ankle (and wear with military boots and other military pieces).

Yesterday I wore the following:
Navy uniqlo jacket
cotton ps
white/blue stripped uniqlo buttondown
Black levi 514
Margiela white perforated leather boots (now totally dirty)

Worked allright but maybe a little too GQ or that kind of stuff. If I had, say, a Lanvin jacket on or some interesting sweater it would have been more to my taste. Still it works relatively well, we should do another wardrobe thread now that I know what Uniqlo suiting costs (nothing, say $135 for a jacket and maybe $60 for pants).
post #1934 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

My buddy is heading to NY next week and he's proxying for me. What basics should I pick up? I'm thinking about having him grab a slim tasmanian wool suit, navy. How much does it run total and how the sizing? Think I'll also get some heattech long johns, maybe some sweaters? I dunno, gotta check their site

Suit should run you around $200 including pants. They aren't killer in the details and finition department (cuffs, collar, etc) however they use more than decent wool and the QC is top notch. Cut is also quite good. I wear a small in the jacket and am a 46 but that's asian sizing. The coat is slightly longer than Thom Browne on me but not by much (i.e. it's a regular lenght to slightly shorter one). I think you need to try it in person because the difference with the regular fit isn't that huge but the slim fit collar adheres perfectly to my neck while the regular fit is less ideal. Amusingly enough I don't need to tailor the jackets (even sleeve lenght is good).
post #1935 of 11866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Thanks fuuma, EG doesn't fit me and I want a boxy fit with non-workwearish details. You can build a solid wardrobe from uniqlo, especially with the +j stuff.

I actually fit the regular stuff very well (in asia) but the +J sweaters have noticeably better materials. In America or Europe I think I'd need to tailor jackets but I might be wrong about the lenght they use.

Yeah it is possible to build a solid wardrobe from Uniqlo (if you fit the pieces well). I think it will lack some spice though (and no shoes). In addition to what I listed I already owned a +J blue stripped dress shirt and some black slim fit dress pants I cropped at the ankle (and wear with military boots and other military pieces).

Yesterday I wore the following:
Navy uniqlo jacket
cotton ps
white/blue stripped uniqlo buttondown
Black levi 514
Margiela white perforated leather boots (now totally dirty)

Worked allright but maybe a little too GQ or that kind of stuff. If I had, say, a Lanvin jacket on or some interesting sweater it would have been more to my taste. Still it works relatively well, we should do another wardrobe thread now that I know what Uniqlo suiting costs (nothing, say $135 for a jacket and maybe $60 for pants).

This is the problem and why we discuss the nicer stuff we do but it is entirely possibly to mix and have an interesting and unique outfit/style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread