got the $15 mock neck tee. soft, but low armholes and big even a size down. would also be nice if it the body were an inch longer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 950post #14236 of 1468210/17/16 at 6:57pmpost #14237 of 1468210/18/16 at 4:03amQuote:
Did not notice any of those things. (Apparently some of the colors are not 100% cotton, if that factors in.) Meanwhile, I always forget the standard shipping takes a comically long time to reach me from one state over - ordered from U and shipped the day after drop with a delivery estimate of this Saturday :/post #14238 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:38ampost #14239 of 1468210/18/16 at 4:58pmpost #14240 of 1468210/18/16 at 5:32pmI ordered a ton online and it got to the Chicago store next day. Guess I'll share some thoughts:
Shirting (OCBD and broadcloth): good fit much better than Uniqlo's mainline. I have broad shoulders which they accommodate. Dig the collars. Will probably get darted. Wish the broadcloth fabric was a bit thicker.
Sweaters: the ribbed raglan lambswool is super beefy and rigid. Fits like a champion sweat. Hope it settles down and forms a little bit as the ribs keep it from draping at all (I look kind of like a linebacker in it). Pretty itchy. Like the detail (reminds me of an Acne Kas sweater). Slimish fit.
Cashmere blend crew neck has a nice hand and drapes well. Not itchy. Also strikingly similar to another Acne knit--the Kai with the reverse shoulder seams--but slightly oversized.
Bottoms: Flat front chinos were straight wack; the rise is ridiculous. Fit like some high waisted women's pants. Fabric was nice though as was the metal hardware.
Regular fit color jeans were alright. Slightly roomier than regular Uniqlo slim fit. Material and zippers were also good.
Overall, sweatshirts were my favorite all arounder of the collection. Love the fit and the construction punches well above its price tag.
Edited by boned - 10/18/16 at 6:40pmpost #14241 of 1468210/18/16 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA-718
Cause I noticed them on the site a while back but have never seen them in person at any NY store.
I have these shoes; they were on the second floor of the NY 5th Avenue store, hidden all the way in the back behind the Starbucks (along with their sunglasses and other random crap lol). They're beautiful and exceedingly comfortable (for a canvas shoe). I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, actually.post #14242 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by logic368
I have these shoes; they were on the second floor of the NY 5th Avenue store, hidden all the way in the back behind the Starbucks (along with their sunglasses and other random crap lol). They're beautiful and exceedingly comfortable (for a canvas shoe). I've gotten quite a few compliments on them, actually.
Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how they look on feet.post #14243 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:16pm
Here's my review on the bomber jacket:
This jacket is great, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something like it at it's pricepoint. It's lightweight, polyester lined\filled (which makes it quite warm, I was heating up just taking the photos). As a result it's not super slim fitting, and not breathable whatsoever, but it looks very good regardless. Would be good for Fall temperatures. Too light for Winter without some layering (which probably wouldn't be worth it).
The photo on Uniqlo's website of the lighter brown color is a true representation of how it looks like in real life. I hoped\thought it would be even lighter like the additional product photos, but that
was not the case.
.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Inside the jacket, there is a pocket on the lefthand size big enough to hold a cellphone or something wider (galaxy S7 for reference). Ribbed cuffs and collar. Standard slant pockets.
I went true to size (S) for the bomber. I'm curious as to what an XS would look like, but that would definitely make the sleeves too short. They're perfect as is.
If anyone wants any other reviews + pictures, I also purchased the chinos, hoodie, tees, and mock neck sweater.post #14244 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:37pmpost #14245 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:46pmpost #14246 of 1468210/18/16 at 10:56pmThanks man, I remember there was a lot of decent quality stuff 10 years ago but the baseline quality has eroded quite a bit to the point I don't even want to buy anything anymore. I noticed they did raise the price of some of their staple offerings like efm which I'm fine with if they're trying to retain the quality.
I'm going to try out some of the stuff but the damn burgundy sweatshirt disappeared from the page so now I gotta wait til it's back.post #14247 of 1468210/19/16 at 4:01ampost #14248 of 1468210/19/16 at 5:22am
Here you go. Notice how the thinness of the material makes them look vastly narrower and lower profile than the Nike Lunarglide 8. However, because they are about the same length, that makes it look more "pointy."post #14249 of 1468210/19/16 at 5:58am
I'm a size 10 in Nike Lunarglide 8, Flyknit racer, and a 9.5 in lunarglide 6 and Cole Haan lunargrand.
The size 10 for the lemaire works for me wearing medium thickness socks. Thick socks and they feel too small. Thin socks and they feel too large. That's the sign of a good fit to me.
I would order true to size if I were you. Certainly do not size down. The shoes are very light and they offer almost no support, just like Vans shoes.post #14250 of 1468210/19/16 at 6:07am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 31 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...