Same here. Eight years and still going strong with only the slightest hole in the back of my cardigan in the same fabric. You can't even see the hole unless you put it up in the light.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 947post #14191 of 1486010/13/16 at 9:00pmpost #14192 of 1486010/13/16 at 9:05pmpost #14193 of 1486010/13/16 at 9:51pmTried an MA-1 (navy) from the U line here in Toronto since they had it about a week ago when the store opened. The fit is almost like the Alpha Industries one, so pretty classic. Shiny thick nylon and lined so mid-weight. Definitely traditional fit so slightly cropped and big arms and body. The regular line MA-1 has the added pocket, is a thinner material, and more like a slim modern fit with MA-1 styling (but not fit). Also, the regular MA-1 is about $50-60 and the U line one is about $90-100.
I'm fairly petite and don't go in for the fashion look so I'm going with the regular MA-1 not the U line version.post #14194 of 1486010/13/16 at 9:55pmpost #14195 of 1486010/13/16 at 10:40pmpost #14196 of 1486010/13/16 at 10:47pmpost #14197 of 1486010/13/16 at 11:01pmpost #14198 of 1486010/14/16 at 12:00ampost #14199 of 1486010/14/16 at 7:14ampost #14200 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:09ampost #14201 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:17amPersonally I think of it as Uniqlo inspired by Lemaire, so I use it as beater wear.
Comparing it to real Lemaire is only going to leave you disappointed everytime. It's 1/8 of the price for a reason, so the build quality and materials are never going to be remotely close. It is a great way to gain more appreciation for mainline Lemaire and grow the brand, fans and stockists.post #14202 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:20amYeah. And we had this conversation before (looks like you don't need a proxy any more though 👍 ) but I bought sweaters and elasticated pants before and I was still left feeling like "why didn't I just spend more for the real thing?".
I suppose I understand the appeal and all, it just seems counterintuitive to me. Like the cream rib knit lambswool uniqlo U looks nice, but I own 3 of the mainline yak wool rib knits so there's no way I could wear it without comparing it and feeling underwhelmed.post #14203 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:25ampost #14204 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:27ampost #14205 of 1486010/14/16 at 10:27amTotally agreed. If you've handled or own mainline pieces before, the difference is very obvious.
I think a lot of people treat it as Lemaire on sale which is not even close to what the purpose of this collaboration.
Unfortunately I'm still close to 2k Miles away from the store and they aren't doing online sales in Canada until sometime in the new year.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1544 Active Users (313 Members and 1231 Guests)
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...