or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 917

post #13741 of 14479
has anyone felt or tried on the comfort jersey shirts?
post #13742 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutOutsFoMyBo View Post

has anyone felt or tried on the comfort jersey shirts?

Are you talking about this? (Pardon the cheesy pose).



It's soft, warm but I felt they should size the sleeves and torso length longer. Normally a 48 and wearing a size L in the pic.
post #13743 of 14479

anyone have any experience with the skinny stretch selvedge denim?

post #13744 of 14479

its good stuff

post #13745 of 14479
I really have grown to love my ultra light down jacket (I have the black, long sleeve, no hood version). The fit is nice and slim, it's great to wear alone or to layer with, it's got a lot of pockets, and it's light and compact-able. Only problem is, the materials are cheap as hell. Can anyone recommend a more "baller" alternative? Thanks in advance
post #13746 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post

Are you talking about this? (Pardon the cheesy pose).



It's soft, warm but I felt they should size the sleeves and torso length longer. Normally a 48 and wearing a size L in the pic.

thank you but i meant the button down shirts.
post #13747 of 14479

anyone tried the seamless down parka? how was it?

post #13748 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by phosej View Post

I really have grown to love my ultra light down jacket (I have the black, long sleeve, no hood version). The fit is nice and slim, it's great to wear alone or to layer with, it's got a lot of pockets, and it's light and compact-able. Only problem is, the materials are cheap as hell. Can anyone recommend a more "baller" alternative? Thanks in advance

You mean down jacket in general or light down jacket? The only real money I'd spend on down is crescent down works (and I have). There is a thread here on them.

Or you can pay $800 for some moncler bullshit.
post #13749 of 14479
not to derail but just out of personal interest/curiosity...

Moncler

So what's the story? Is it like a Burberry where it used to mean something, they cheapened the product and raised prices and became a 'brand'? Is it high quality and worth the price despite the logo? Is it cheap shit that's way overpriced for rich flashy asians?

I actually looked at a few but was shocked at the prices and also felt like a Michelin man so totally passed and bought a Uniqlo down jacket for $130 instead and couldn't be happier.
post #13750 of 14479
Has anyone else found the current crop of jeans to be really, really low?
post #13751 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineate View Post

Has anyone else found the current crop of jeans to be really, really low?

low in terms of quality or rise?
post #13752 of 14479

If you're referring to where they sit on the waist, then yeah my pair of their selvedge sits lower than my Naked & Famous pair. My biggest gripe with them is how little their slim fit tapers. Leg openng is huge and makes cuffs look weird 

post #13753 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturuz View Post

low in terms of quality or rise?

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I was referring to the extremely low rise of the jeans. I've been wearing versions of the skinny or slim tapered or whatever they call them for years. They always change slightly, but the ones in stores currently are absurd.

The quality has also tanked. What used to be great, comfy beater jeans are now rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesofman View Post

If you're referring to where they sit on the waist, then yeah my pair of their selvedge sits lower than my Naked & Famous pair. My biggest gripe with them is how little their slim fit tapers. Leg openng is huge and makes cuffs look weird 
post #13754 of 14479
Quote:
Originally Posted by phosej View Post

I really have grown to love my ultra light down jacket (I have the black, long sleeve, no hood version). The fit is nice and slim, it's great to wear alone or to layer with, it's got a lot of pockets, and it's light and compact-able. Only problem is, the materials are cheap as hell. Can anyone recommend a more "baller" alternative? Thanks in advance
like my Patagonia one. Not sure how much sturdier it is though. I haven't felt any of the Uniqlo ones, but you could easily tear a hole on the Patagonia one if you came into contact with the wrong branch. My Mountain Hardwear one which is not as packable is made from a tougher material.
post #13755 of 14479

quite impressed with the Warm Tech down coat as a non-extreme winter coat. Previous years' down coats didn't always seem warm and/or weren't that interesting, but IMO this one compares favorably to stuff from Penfield or Woolrich, especially on sale for a benjy

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread