or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Uniqlo Thread - Page 915

post #13711 of 14682

Anyone have intel on the "Miracle Air" Skinny Fit Jeans?

 

It says something about woven with fibers developed by Toray and Kaihara

post #13712 of 14682
Really digging the current flannel shirt release. Feels more fitted than their other current casual shirts, and material is good. Need to pickup a few more. The heavy flannel feels nice and thick, but I wish the checkered patterns weren't as wide.
Edited by ASpec818 - 12/9/15 at 5:55pm
post #13713 of 14682
Just visited my local Uniqlo store, intending to grab another pair of last year's best-ever jean--the "slim/straight/low" in color #68--for my current professional look of choice: solid sport coat, fun patterned dress shirt and pocket square on top and dark denim down below. Despite owning way too many ties, I seldom wear them to work, so as not to be "putting on airs", as only the CEO at the hospital where I work wears ties.

Anyhow, while initially excited at the hype of the "Miracle Air" skinny jean, which they had in my preferred color, this cut really says "Rockstar" vs. "Jacket Friendly Professional" to me. The helpful sales staff checked around, and my desired config from last Fall seems to no longer be offered.

As the selvedge aspect of the "Miracle Air" skinny seems to be the biggest hype point, I can only conclude that they're skewing more 20 vs. 40 as their target age.

FWIW, the "slim/straight/low" jean they *do* offer is--as far as I can tell--only available in a stiff selvedged, lighter blue denim that is hard--if not impossible--to carry off into hemi/semi/demi Professional looks.

If you can handle the Rockstar knee-down skinniness, the "Miracle Air" in color # 68 is a beautiful thing.
post #13714 of 14682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Just visited my local Uniqlo store, intending to grab another pair of last year's best-ever jean--the "slim/straight/low" in color #68--for my current professional look of choice: solid sport coat, fun patterned dress shirt and pocket square on top and dark denim down below. Despite owning way too many ties, I seldom wear them to work, so as not to be "putting on airs", as only the CEO at the hospital where I work wears ties.

Anyhow, while initially excited at the hype of the "Miracle Air" skinny jean, which they had in my preferred color, this cut really says "Rockstar" vs. "Jacket Friendly Professional" to me. The helpful sales staff checked around, and my desired config from last Fall seems to no longer be offered.

As the selvedge aspect of the "Miracle Air" skinny seems to be the biggest hype point, I can only conclude that they're skewing more 20 vs. 40 as their target age.

FWIW, the "slim/straight/low" jean they *do* offer is--as far as I can tell--only available in a stiff selvedged, lighter blue denim that is hard--if not impossible--to carry off into hemi/semi/demi Professional looks.

If you can handle the Rockstar knee-down skinniness, the "Miracle Air" in color # 68 is a beautiful thing.

All their jeans are zipper-fly these days, yes?
post #13715 of 14682
The stretch selvedge pair I have is zipper fly.
post #13716 of 14682

Miracle air skinny fit...not really a fan.  Just very thin material.  I think it is aimed at places where it is very hot and everyone wears shorts.

 

Stretch selvage skinny fit...I like the fabric, not stoked that it comes only in grey and black.  Would like variations of blue please.

 

But nothing compares to the skinny fit with the "kaikakaiakaiakiri" fabric from recent seasons.  Those were really nice.  

 

The skinny fit color ones are not nice.  The fabric is pretty thin and meh, more like leggings.  Those are $39.90 retail.  The $49.90 retail ones have better fabric.

post #13717 of 14682

Is there an equivalent to the slim fit tapered that was out a couple seasons ago?  All I see is skinny / straight / slim

post #13718 of 14682
I really liked the loose fit tapered jeans, I thought they would be offered again this season. Hopefully the 501ct fit similar.
post #13719 of 14682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

Miracle air skinny fit...not really a fan.  Just very thin material.  I think it is aimed at places where it is very hot and everyone wears shorts.

 

Stretch selvage skinny fit...I like the fabric, not stoked that it comes only in grey and black.  Would like variations of blue please.

 

But nothing compares to the skinny fit with the "kaikakaiakaiakiri" fabric from recent seasons.  Those were really nice.  

 

The skinny fit color ones are not nice.  The fabric is pretty thin and meh, more like leggings.  Those are $39.90 retail.  The $49.90 retail ones have better fabric.


I recently bought a pair of the black Miracle Air jeans and have been wearing them pretty solidly since. They're amazingly soft and cozy. I don't get the cooling thing though. It's been pretty miserable in London recently and I don't feel like they leave me any more cold than normal jeans. 

post #13720 of 14682
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCrispy View Post
 

Is there an equivalent to the slim fit tapered that was out a couple seasons ago?  All I see is skinny / straight / slim

they only have them in heattech at the moment

SAs at the local 'qlo didn't have any info, but I assume they'll come back for spring/summer

I definitely hope so because the skinny cut is basically painted on

post #13721 of 14682

any one tried their Heattech sweaters? I wonder how well they hold up..

right now there's a sale and the Cotton Cashmere blend crew necks and the Heattech crew necks are the same price.

The cotton cashmere is 95% cotton 5% cashmere.

The heattech is a little chunkier, 80% polyester, 15% wool and 5% acrylic. I like the looks of the heattech, but I've a feeling its going to pile like crazy within a few months and might be harder to wash?

post #13722 of 14682
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineate View Post
 


I recently bought a pair of the black Miracle Air jeans and have been wearing them pretty solidly since. They're amazingly soft and cozy. I don't get the cooling thing though. It's been pretty miserable in London recently and I don't feel like they leave me any more cold than normal jeans. 

 

I just got the same pair, but have definitely noticed that they aren't super warm. Temperature isn't any more of an issue than normal, but wind cuts right through them. They're definitely comfortable tho

post #13723 of 14682
What's the LO on the miracle airs?
post #13724 of 14682

Are Uniqlo sizes in Hong Kong the same as in the US or are they smaller?

post #13725 of 14682
Not too sure about Hong Kong and U.S. but those I tried and bought in Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul have the same fit for basics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Uniqlo Thread