It varies - this winter's cord jackets were much nicer than the previous year's and this year's trenches were better than last year's but not as nice as two years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 767post #11491 of 139527/8/14 at 9:07pmpost #11492 of 139527/8/14 at 9:33pmsome shirt and trouser cuts are nicer; I'm satisfied with the drawstring linen pants, linen shirt, and the usual oxfords.. the oxfords are thinner but fits better on me especially for tucking.
the chinos and raw jeans are meh, and they have really paper-y looking stuff like the linen cotton jeans, legging pants...
the blended stuff is great if you're looking for some budget techwear. the blended unstructured blazer is nicer than MUJI's for 2/3rd the price, amazing brand synergy with Y3 bottoms and Nike running shoes if you're into that sort of aestheticspost #11493 of 139527/11/14 at 4:35ampost #11494 of 139527/12/14 at 9:33ampost #11495 of 139527/13/14 at 3:14am
I don't see UNIQLO going down Old Navy's quality.
The polyester/spandex blended cotton are produced because this is what several people want. A blended cotton makes the fabric more durable and produces a smoother look, although not quite luxurious. That's alright because UNIQLO was meant for everyday wear and tear.
I personally like the blended fabric better than the pure cotton GAP or H&M uses. Pure cotton is great for button downs but for polo shirts and regular tshirts it sucks because it stretches and wears out quickly.
The chinos aren't luxurious but then again you're just paying a little over $20 for something that's of decent quality. At the end of the day you get your value for money when you take into consideration the cost vis-a-vis the number of times you wear them.post #11496 of 139527/13/14 at 10:53ampost #11497 of 139527/13/14 at 11:54ampost #11498 of 139527/14/14 at 1:00pmpost #11499 of 139527/14/14 at 6:46pmpost #11500 of 139527/15/14 at 1:48ampost #11501 of 139527/15/14 at 6:28pmQuote:
I usually get the slims but I tried the regular and actually like it better. After a few washes the slims are bordering on too tight for me (and sizing up is too large).
As a side note has anyone noticed that they apparently have black selvedge denim? I knew they always had regular raws but is black new? I just ordered both pairs to try.post #11502 of 139527/15/14 at 8:18pmpost #11503 of 139527/15/14 at 9:12pmI tried the black raws on earlier on my lunch break. They fit pretty much like the regular slim fit straights in the same size(at least my S-001s). Not bad for fifty bucks if they fit you/or you like the fit, but if you're small like me and want something with minimal hip flare and a nice taper, this might not do it for you. I'd rather pay nearly four times as much for APCs since I'd likely need a 27 to get the fit I want from Uniqlo :\ (I wear new standards in a 26).
And because someone asked, the new denim shirt, at least after a cold wash, fits like the model photos on the website.
Edited by nineohtoo - 7/15/14 at 10:39pmpost #11504 of 139527/15/14 at 9:14pmpost #11505 of 139527/15/14 at 9:23pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 seconds ago
- › Dior Homme Ties from Hedi Slimane Era 2 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme Shirts from the Hedi Slimane era 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official "Hall of Fame" Outfit of the Day thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding