It varies - this winter's cord jackets were much nicer than the previous year's and this year's trenches were better than last year's but not as nice as two years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Mod to Suedehead Last post on Today at 12:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 767post #11491 of 131467/8/14 at 9:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11492 of 131467/8/14 at 9:33pmsome shirt and trouser cuts are nicer; I'm satisfied with the drawstring linen pants, linen shirt, and the usual oxfords.. the oxfords are thinner but fits better on me especially for tucking.
the chinos and raw jeans are meh, and they have really paper-y looking stuff like the linen cotton jeans, legging pants...
the blended stuff is great if you're looking for some budget techwear. the blended unstructured blazer is nicer than MUJI's for 2/3rd the price, amazing brand synergy with Y3 bottoms and Nike running shoes if you're into that sort of aestheticspost #11493 of 131467/11/14 at 4:35ampost #11494 of 131467/12/14 at 9:33ampost #11495 of 131467/13/14 at 3:14am
I don't see UNIQLO going down Old Navy's quality.
The polyester/spandex blended cotton are produced because this is what several people want. A blended cotton makes the fabric more durable and produces a smoother look, although not quite luxurious. That's alright because UNIQLO was meant for everyday wear and tear.
I personally like the blended fabric better than the pure cotton GAP or H&M uses. Pure cotton is great for button downs but for polo shirts and regular tshirts it sucks because it stretches and wears out quickly.
The chinos aren't luxurious but then again you're just paying a little over $20 for something that's of decent quality. At the end of the day you get your value for money when you take into consideration the cost vis-a-vis the number of times you wear them.post #11496 of 131467/13/14 at 10:53ampost #11497 of 131467/13/14 at 11:54ampost #11498 of 131467/14/14 at 1:00pmpost #11499 of 131467/14/14 at 6:46pmpost #11500 of 131467/15/14 at 1:48ampost #11501 of 131467/15/14 at 6:28pmQuote:
I usually get the slims but I tried the regular and actually like it better. After a few washes the slims are bordering on too tight for me (and sizing up is too large).
As a side note has anyone noticed that they apparently have black selvedge denim? I knew they always had regular raws but is black new? I just ordered both pairs to try.post #11502 of 131467/15/14 at 8:18pmpost #11503 of 131467/15/14 at 9:12pmI tried the black raws on earlier on my lunch break. They fit pretty much like the regular slim fit straights in the same size(at least my S-001s). Not bad for fifty bucks if they fit you/or you like the fit, but if you're small like me and want something with minimal hip flare and a nice taper, this might not do it for you. I'd rather pay nearly four times as much for APCs since I'd likely need a 27 to get the fit I want from Uniqlo :\ (I wear new standards in a 26).
And because someone asked, the new denim shirt, at least after a cold wash, fits like the model photos on the website.
Edited by nineohtoo - 7/15/14 at 10:39pmpost #11504 of 131467/15/14 at 9:14pm
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 24 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/forskolin-fit-pro/ 26 minutes ago
- › What boots are these? 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...