Uniqlo T's don't really fit me that well either, what model of Lands Ends T's are you guys getting? Tailored fit? Regular?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 3/5/14 at 9:00pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 716
Depends on your body shape... I would get tailored if I were to order them now, I dont remember what the 2 I own are.
More detail would be appreciated
I try to when I can
Lands' End tailored fit is just slightly roomier than Uniqlo. Lands' End regular fit is almost the same as tailored fit in the shoulder, but chest and waist are larger. Somehow, all three of these fit me. I guess the difference between Lands' End regular fit and tailored fit is just looks. If one fits you so will the other.
Apparently H&M is the one doing the best out of the three... and it really doesn't deserve the flack for its quality. It's bad, but it's accordingly cheap. Style-wise I have to say they are one of the best brands out there. They probably have a stronger designer team than any other brand thanks to their size and popularity. The real sucker here is probably brands like Forever 21.
So they jacked up the price from $10 to $13 for short-sleeved tees and from $13 to $15 for long-sleeved... Guess I will have no choice but to stick to Lands' End.
they're nothing fancy, obviously, but nothing screams "cheap" to me other than "made in bangladesh." it's got a good ykk zipper, sound stitching, reasonable denim thickness and quality--so it's uniqlo still operating as usual. the yellow and gold stitching looks less weird in person than online, where the yellow really pops, btw.
Hah seems like I'm not the only one who thinks Lands End makes the best Ts. I think their super T henleys are some of the best out there, really thick and durable with nice buttons. Also you can snag them for a good 50% off in stores all the time.
As for sizing they run pretty large.
It's interesting, I use to buy the hell out of Uniqlo. But now Lands End is my go to for basics, mostly because Lands End is cut better for me. But the quality difference is really noticeable, I'd take a Lands End flannel over a Uniqlo any day.
No small tall.
Guess I'm sticking with AA for now.
I'm kind of surprised they went with a zipper fly on the raw selvedge jeans. The old MIJ ones had a button fly.
they used to sell MIJ selvedge (iirc $89), and made in China (using japanese materials selevge. those went for $49, iirc.
the latter came with zippers.
btw - picked up a pair of the new selevge. wearing them now. they're OK, but definitely not at the level of the MIJ, or even the made in China selvedge. the denim seems thinner.
That's true for some people, but it ain't like that for me. I don't like the fit, stretch, design, or materials on APCs or N&F enough to pay more for those. But I do like how these are.
- The Uniqlo Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 32 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The (semi-)official "slutty t-shirts" thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw