or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you wear shorts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you wear shorts?

post #1 of 323
Thread Starter 
I don't believe it to be proper etiquette for a man to be seen in public wearing shorts; perhaps that is just because I am an old-fashioned curmudgeon. Maybe you can help to alter my opinion on this matter. So, do you wear shorts?
post #2 of 323
How the hell are you an old fashioned curmudgeon? Youre like 20 years old.
post #3 of 323
where do you live?
post #4 of 323
Yes
post #5 of 323
Yes. I sweat very easily, despite being relatively fit, so when the temperature is over 85 or so, pants aren't comfortable at all.
post #6 of 323
The thermostat in my car read 107 when I left work today. So shorts are a necessity in this part of the country.
post #7 of 323
Yes, I do, and if I were you I'd stop worrying about proper etiquette when it comes to strangers clothing, it will just drive you crazy.
post #8 of 323
No even if its hot as hell out.I'm just not a shorts kinda guy.

Plus i don't think people want to be subjected to to ghastly pale legs covered in ginger hair.
post #9 of 323
I'm a proper gentleman in the spring and fall, but by summer I devolve to t-shirts and flipflops. I don't do heat well.
post #10 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post
How the hell are you an old fashioned curmudgeon? Youre like 20 years old.
Only chronologically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
where do you live?
The Eastern Seaboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabus View Post
No even if its hot as hell out.I'm just not a shorts kinda guy. Plus i don't think people want to be subjected to to ghastly pale legs covered in ginger hair.
Precisely! No one wants to see your disgusting legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
I'm a proper gentleman in the spring and fall, but by summer I devolve to t-shirts and flipflops. I don't do heat well.
Consider progesterone.
post #11 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
The Eastern Seaboard.
Come spend a few 100+ degree (before the heat index) HUMID summer days in Texas. You will be begging for shorts.
post #12 of 323
On the weekends, sure. Practically everyone down here does, it's just too damn hot in the summer. Linen and seersucker work fine too, but it's nice to mix things up from time to time. It was 99F today and it's just getting started, having to wearing linen or seersucker every day for four months would be tiresome. edit: post 1000 woo?
post #13 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
Come spend a few 100+ degree (before the heat index) HUMID summer days in Texas. You will be begging for shorts.

I spent 2 weeks in the desert of Southwest Texas; I understand your misery.

Still, I wish you would stop being such a baby about it.
post #14 of 323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
edit: post 1000 woo?

And it was in my thread. Score!
post #15 of 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
I spent 2 weeks in the desert of Southwest Texas; I understand your misery.

Still, I wish you would stop being such a baby about it.

Lol being a baby? Ok.....

West Texas isn't humid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you wear shorts?