or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wings + Horns F/W 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wings + Horns F/W 2011 - Page 161

post #2401 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmas View Post

I'm 6'0, about 185 lbs. (33-34 waist) and grabbed a medium. Anyone much bigger than me would probably want a large. I tried on a large and they fit fine, just more relaxed, but I preferred the fit of the M.

I'm the exact same size, maybe an inch shorter and the mediums fit me perfectly too. Their sweatpants, they stretch.
post #2402 of 2842
picked up the corded pant in charcoal from context flash sale. I fucked up with my navy pair by getting it hemmed. I think ill go the stacking route this go around.
post #2403 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmas View Post

I'm 6'0, about 185 lbs. (33-34 waist) and grabbed a medium. Anyone much bigger than me would probably want a large. I tried on a large and they fit fine, just more relaxed, but I preferred the fit of the M.

I'm almost the same dimensions, returned an "M" because it fit too well. I think sweat pants are supposed to be somewhat baggy, unless you're gay.
post #2404 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribkin View Post

I'm almost the same dimensions, returned an "M" because it fit too well. I think sweat pants are supposed to be somewhat baggy, unless you're gay.

I mean they are "straight leg" but honestly I think they are loose enough. I mean not your typical loose as shit Champion sweatpants, but still proper fitting IMO.
post #2405 of 2842
Any fellow in TO willing to help a former TO-er in grabbing a pair of slims or straight in the 1 year wash ? I'm in HK now mwink[1].gif
post #2406 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post



Great price.  It's a stellar piece that really doesn't show that well in the pictures.  You sort of have to see it in person. 

The fit and "busyness" of it has gotten some flack, but I don't think the charcoal one is busy at all.  

IMO, I think the collar looks best unsnapped and sort of "fanned" out--could just be me tho, because I've rarely seen it worn like this in any stockist pic.  

350x447px-LL-f1ce469b_Upiue.jpeg

I think that looks pretty cool. I had the olive one, and I know what you mean about looking better in person, hard to explain but it just looks really nice IRL. I guess some pictures cheapen the look.

I sold mine, as it that was too big, and picked up the last black medium from nomad (that is if it was actually in stock). I know the site only said free shipping to US and Canada, but it processed my order to the UK with free shipping!

edit : free shipping to UK was a glitch as expected, no bomber for me. frown.gif
Edited by sciphiyem - 1/3/12 at 12:49pm
post #2407 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

picked up the corded pant in charcoal from context flash sale. I fucked up with my navy pair by getting it hemmed. I think ill go the stacking route this go around.

Please post fit pics... on the fence...

+ ppl, gave the cut a thumbs down earlier in the thread... don't know if it was just their bad luck that the cut didn't work out, or ...
post #2408 of 2842
$130 for the corded cloths is a great deal. I have 2 pair of the old ones and one of the new model. They did change the cut slightly in the new iteration. Not as much of a taper towards the leg opening. Still a nice slim cut though. While the old version may be my favorite pant I've owned, sometimes I think they border on being too skinny. The new version is a nice compromise. They've also lined the pockets which I dont the originals had. The fabric is luxurious (while still durable) and they wear like a pair of raw denim. I don't have a fit pic, but did have this on my phone... you can at least see the leg opening. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0f665982.jpg

If anyone picked up the charcoal in a 29 and it doesn't work out...PM

I'd been passively eye'ing the cargo blazers since they were released and told myself I would pick one up if and when they hit a decent discount. Ordered one on Friday night. Up until that point I'd been considering only the black, but made a last second decision to go with the olive/khaki after asking two people in real life who both thought the olive would be a better move. Also received one of the ties as a gift for Christmas... can complete the context look. May wind up looking too collegiate for my intentions but they make it look good..
post #2409 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack tide View Post

$130 for the corded cloths is a great deal. I have 2 pair of the old ones and one of the new model. They did change the cut slightly in the new iteration. Not as much of a taper towards the leg opening. Still a nice slim cut though. While the old version may be my favorite pant I've owned, sometimes I think they border on being too skinny. The new version is a nice compromise. They've also lined the pockets which I dont the originals had. The fabric is luxurious (while still durable) and they wear like a pair of raw denim. I don't have a fit pic, but did have this on my phone... you can at least see the leg opening. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0f665982.jpg
If anyone picked up the charcoal in a 29 and it doesn't work out...PM
I'd been passively eye'ing the cargo blazers since they were released and told myself I would pick one up if and when they hit a decent discount. Ordered one on Friday night. Up until that point I'd been considering only the black, but made a last second decision to go with the olive/khaki after asking two people in real life who both thought the olive would be a better move. Also received one of the ties as a gift for Christmas... can complete the context look. May wind up looking too collegiate for my intentions but they make it look good..

I ended up hemming mine to the same length as a west point twill.. looks much better imho
post #2410 of 2842
For all the bad PR the corded cloth pants have gotten earlier this season...I love them. They are cut pretty much the same as the chino's imo, and I like this seasons fit much more than last season. I've been hesitant on getting mine hemmed, which eventually I'll need to get done. My current cuff is 3 folds of 1", which produce a thick bulky cuff and the pants still stack. I'm just afraid of taking too much off the length and ruining what has turned out to be my goto pants for the winter.
post #2411 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack tide View Post

$130 for the corded cloths is a great deal. I have 2 pair of the old ones and one of the new model. They did change the cut slightly in the new iteration. Not as much of a taper towards the leg opening. Still a nice slim cut though. While the old version may be my favorite pant I've owned, sometimes I think they border on being too skinny. The new version is a nice compromise. They've also lined the pockets which I dont the originals had. The fabric is luxurious (while still durable) and they wear like a pair of raw denim. I don't have a fit pic, but did have this on my phone... you can at least see the leg opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feji 
For all the bad PR the corded cloth pants have gotten earlier this season...I love them. They are cut pretty much the same as the chino's imo, and I like this seasons fit much more than last season. I've been hesitant on getting mine hemmed, which eventually I'll need to get done. My current cuff is 3 folds of 1", which produce a thick bulky cuff and the pants still stack. I'm just afraid of taking too much off the length and ruining what has turned out to be my goto pants for the winter.
Thanks

Tiger Fleece Hoodie - Wine 10/10 [perfect]
Reversible Hoodie Charcoal/Black - 7/10 [perhaps should have sized down, too slouchy]
Black Leather Hi-tops - 8/10 [for $180, I forced myself to like them]
Duffle Sweater - N/A [kopped S.N.S. instead]
Bomber Jacket - N/A [agonized over it ... if you need to think about, debate getting something for so long, you probably don't really want it ]
*even at 70% off
Corded Pants - N/A [ in transit ]
Sweat Pants - N/A [seemed to be good quality, but they just weren't for me.... needed to size up perhaps]
Overdyed Henley Wine - N/A [ the one that got away....frown.gif ]

Still need a pair of west point chinos, one black, and one grey henley.... but damn, great collection from W + H overall....( or, great at these end of season prices )...
post #2412 of 2842
I bought most of my stuff at regular price this year gahh..

West Point Twills x 3
Corded Cloth pants
Bush pants x 2
cargo joggers
scuba hood
duffle coat
henley x 2
moleskin utility pant
SS henley x 2
Moth t-shirt
shorts x 2

Now that I actually wrote it all down it seems a bit excessive.
post #2413 of 2842

I have a pair of Slim Fit 1-Year Wash size 29 & Hand Knit Duffle Sweater Heather Grey size XS, from the 11AW season. Both are the wrong size for me. Not worn & just tried on only.

 

Will be selling at a loss. Anyone who's interested, please send me a PM. 

post #2414 of 2842
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post


Can't be quoting a price like that without providing the source....


roden n grey it was more like 400 after tax

post #2415 of 2842
really mad at myself for not coping the charcoal bush pants sooner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wings + Horns F/W 2011