or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FIT is KING: find and list all SHOEs, SUITs, and SPORTCOATs in SF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FIT is KING: find and list all SHOEs, SUITs, and SPORTCOATs in SF - Page 5  

post #61 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDP View Post
Dear Onix, would you please implement an RSS feed for the site? I would like to be able to receive new results from this page which contains my preferences directly to Google reader. Thanks, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
something like this would indeed be legendary, if possible.

Gentlemen, due to popular demand, RSS is now generated for every search. Just search for what you want, remember to order them by Newest First. The RSS link is right at the top of the page (after the number of results).

I did some testing, and it seems to work fine, at least with Google Reader. Let me know if there is any problem.
post #62 of 168
Dear Onix, thanks for quickly implementing the RSS suggestion. It works properly for shoes, but not suits and sportcoats; the source code of that page doesn't contain ‘rss’ at all. Would you please add it?
post #63 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDP View Post
Dear Onix, thanks for quickly implementing the RSS suggestion. It works properly for shoes, but not suits and sportcoats; the source code of that page doesn't contain ‘rss’ at all. Would you please add it?
Fixed.
post #64 of 168
Wonderful! Is there a way to encourage new posters to post their stuff on fitisking.com? For example, fitisking.com could have a button labelled ‘Post new listing on SF's B&S’, which links to, essentially, a wizard for posting on B&S. The wizard should take as input measurements, links to photographs, etc., and then it should auto-generate and post a listing on B&S for the stuff, together with link to it on fitisking.com
post #65 of 168
Really fab. The RSS is great. One other thought, if possible/not time-consuming to implement: instead of (or in addition to) the drop-down menu of the left hand side to move between pages of results when there are more than one page, arrows at the bottom of the page (like we have here) would be quicker, and make it more obvious that multiple pages of results exist. On another note: any system is only as good as the users; read the instructions people! You need to double the pit-pit measurement when entering a chest circumference measurement! I've seen a handful with something like 21.5" or similar listed, when obviously they mean 43". If someone filters by both a max and min chest circumference any such items won't be picked up in the search.
post #66 of 168
NIFTY. I'm not sure if it's been suggested already but a field for color/pattern would be useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
On another note: any system is only as good as the users; read the instructions people! You need to double the pit-pit measurement when entering a chest circumference measurement! I've seen a handful with something like 21.5" or similar listed, when obviously they mean 43". If someone filters by both a max and min chest circumference any such items won't be picked up in the search.
Guilty..
post #67 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDP View Post
Wonderful! Is there a way to encourage new posters to post their stuff on fitisking.com? For example, fitisking.com could have a button labelled ‘Post new listing on SF's B&S’, which links to, essentially, a wizard for posting on B&S. The wizard should take as input measurements, links to photographs, etc., and then it should auto-generate and post a listing on B&S for the stuff, together with link to it on fitisking.com
I do actually have a semi-working code for auto generating content based on what's new on B&S. But it doesn't work quite well yet, simply because people use different format. When it works for more than 80% of listings, I will roll it out. But I don't know when yet.
post #68 of 168
No, I meant the other way round: instead of having fitisking try to parse B&S—which is a very difficult problem—you would have prospective sellers first go to fitisking, where they would go through a wizard that takes the measurements of their clothes and links to photographs, then the wizard would generate the text of the B&S advertisement and post it. This is faster and simpler than first creating an advertisement on B&S, then inputting the same data again on fitisking.
post #69 of 168
Then a giant button reading ‘Wizard for posting suits, sportcoats, and shoes’ could be plastered onto B&S.
post #70 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDP View Post
No, I meant the other way round: instead of having fitisking try to parse B&S—which is a very difficult problem—you would have prospective sellers first go to fitisking, where they would go through a wizard that takes the measurements of their clothes and links to photographs, then the wizard would generate the text of the B&S advertisement and post it. This is faster and simpler than first creating an advertisement on B&S, then inputting the same data again on fitisking.
That... actually is a fairly/very good idea. Hmm, I've never thought of that. I will give it some more thought. Thanks for the suggestion.
post #71 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDP View Post
No, I meant the other way round: instead of having fitisking try to parse B&S"”which is a very difficult problem"”you would have prospective sellers first go to fitisking, where they would go through a wizard that takes the measurements of their clothes and links to photographs, then the wizard would generate the text of the B&S advertisement and post it.

This is faster and simpler than first creating an advertisement on B&S, then inputting the same data again on fitisking.

That is a great idea. The final frontier would be getting everyone to submit much better photos (or have fitisking resize and rotate them appropriately through some imagemagick type calls). This would become a veritable bazaar.
post #72 of 168
brilliant. thank you.
post #73 of 168
Simply GREAT! Thanks for the hard work!
post #74 of 168
Genius
post #75 of 168
This really is awesome
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FIT is KING: find and list all SHOEs, SUITs, and SPORTCOATs in SF