• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next generation of Macbook Air?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want something ultra tiny... when will the next generation be out?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the next-gen MBA uses Sandy Bridge like the Gizmodo article says, then there will be a tremendous speed-up for everything, but especially if you do MP3 or movie encoding.

--Andre

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I nuts or didn't the current generation just come out a few months ago? I know Apple releases new generations like crazy but I thought a new macbook pro would be due first.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ i think the refresh just came out. i say this because my buddy, who is a big apple guy, was waiting for the refresh and bought it when it came out like 2-3 months ago.

i don't think any hardware is going to be presented at WWDC

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Ahh I see. So no improved storage capacity. Main upgrade is speed the thunderbolt. I wonder how it will be priced? Thanks a lot for that
Any time. The storage capacity might get bumped a bit but I wouldn't suspect anything drastic. Price will probably stay the same or decrease a bit.
Originally Posted by A Y
If the next-gen MBA uses Sandy Bridge like the Gizmodo article says, then there will be a tremendous speed-up for everything, but especially if you do MP3 or movie encoding. --Andre
I wouldn't say it would be tremendous for anything other than encoding or heavy photoshop-ish work.
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Am I nuts or didn't the current generation just come out a few months ago? I know Apple releases new generations like crazy but I thought a new macbook pro would be due first.
The Macbook Pro's just got refreshed. The Air's have been this way for almost a year now.
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
^^ i think the refresh just came out. i say this because my buddy, who is a big apple guy, was waiting for the refresh and bought it when it came out like 2-3 months ago. i don't think any hardware is going to be presented at WWDC
They probably won't be announced on stage or anything like that but it'll coincide with the event or come afterwards.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i don't think any hardware is going to be presented at WWDC

+1

This is going to be all about the new OSes and iCloud, or whatever it's going to be called.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i currently have the maxed out 13" air with 256 gb of storage, but i find that this setup is not necessary for my usage.

if this is true, that a new air is going to come out soon, i think im going to sell my current air and get the base 11 with 4gb of ram.

i wonder how much i can sell this for.. hopefully at least 1400!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What's so unnecessary about it?

all i do is watch movies, use itunes, word processing, email, and very basic stuff.

i dont need all this horsepower for such tasks. also, the 13 overheats a lot faster than the 11.

it's not something i noticed since i bought this in the winter, but now that i use my air in the moist, hot air of summer, it overheats frequently. i dunno if you've heard the fan of a 13" air, but it sounds like a jet engine.

i really didn't need to spend 1800 on this.. damn. i could've spent roughly half that.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
all i do is watch movies, use itunes, word processing, email, and very basic stuff.

i dont need all this horsepower for such tasks. also, the 13 overheats a lot faster than the 11.

it's not something i noticed since i bought this in the winter, but now that i use my air in the moist, hot air of summer, it overheats frequently. i dunno if you've heard the fan of a 13" air, but it sounds like a jet engine.

i really didn't need to spend 1800 on this.. damn. i could've spent roughly half that.

Sounds like every HP laptop I have ever used... An F-14 with afterburners is quieter.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Sounds like every HP laptop I have ever used... An F-14 with afterburners is quieter.

My HP laptop sounded like a Concorde taking off.

All my Apple **** is quiet.

Going to get one of the smaller Airs. Need something very lightweight. Might even get the 9inch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics