• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop Me

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2011-Fiat-500-Sport-%E2%80%93-Front-Side-View-670x502.jpg

chas

Reaction score
You came to the wrong spot. I will encourage that purchase.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one in LA the other day. It was OK, but why this over a Honda Fit?

--Andre

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I saw one in LA the other day. It was OK, but why this over a Honda Fit?

--Andre

Have had five Hondas... tired of them. No arguing the functionality and durability but they're ugly/generic, too.

Additionally, I actually have better leg room and the seat position is superior in the 500.
I was attracted to the Fiat as a design piece and came away very surprised at how comfortable and kick-in-the-pants fun it was for an inexpensive car.

Leaning toward the Sport in Bianco Perla. Has to be the auto 6-speed though as leg room and pedal size are insufficient for my long legs and big feet.

(Understand what I want is an A5... but until the wife leaves grad school and her job prospects improve...
teacha.gif
)

PS- and damn the turning radius... feels like one rear wheel pins itself in place.

turboman808

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having one for commuting and getting groceries. Last thing I am going to do is buy another car though. My family might step in and give me an intervention.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I wouldn't mind having one for commuting and getting groceries.

Yup -would be the daily commuter.

Originally Posted by turboman808
Last thing I am going to do is buy another car though. My family might step in and give me an intervention.

laugh.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my vid... but same car basically.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has Fiat left behind its Fix-It-Again-Tony phase?
I haven't paid any attention to the brand for years.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
It got rather mediocre reviews. I'd pass.

Links please- most everything I've read/watched is praising it.

There's one video that cracked it for it's braking 60-0... but that was with an early mule.

I've done more than one panic stop in test drives and the EDS works great.

As for Fix it Again Tony... one hopes. It's been out of the USA for a very long time. They're being very generous (not Hyundai generous) with maintenance coverage etc

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Links please- most everything I've read/watched is praising it. There's one video that cracked it for it's braking 60-0... but that was with an early mule. I've done more than one panic stop in test drives and the EDS works great. As for Fix it Again Tony... one hopes. It's been out of the USA for a very long time. They're being very generous (not Hyundai generous) with maintenance coverage etc
Its was a few weeks back inside my issue of The Week. The ran blurbs from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Consumer Reports. All were positive but basically said the car was middle of the road and somewhat fun. As to reliability - this is a car produced by Chrysler and Fiat. I cannot think of a partnership with less reliability behind it than those two companies.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
As to reliability - this is a car produced by Chrysler and Fiat. I cannot think of a partnership with less reliability behind it than those two companies.

Yeah- with you there... and is always an issue jumping in with version 1.0 of anything I'm afraid.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Have had five Hondas... tired of them. No arguing the functionality and durability but they're ugly/generic, too. Additionally, I actually have better leg room and the seat position is superior in the 500. I was attracted to the Fiat as a design piece and came away very surprised at how comfortable and kick-in-the-pants fun it was for an inexpensive car. Leaning toward the Sport in Bianco Perla. Has to be the auto 6-speed though as leg room and pedal size are insufficient for my long legs and big feet. (Understand what I want is an A5... but until the wife leaves grad school and her job prospects improve...
teacha.gif
) PS- and damn the turning radius... feels like one rear wheel pins itself in place.

Is it that much smaller than the Panda? I'm 6'6" with size 13+ feet and drive my GF's Panda easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads