or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stop Me

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 38
You came to the wrong spot. I will encourage that purchase.
post #3 of 38
I saw one in LA the other day. It was OK, but why this over a Honda Fit? --Andre
post #4 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
I saw one in LA the other day. It was OK, but why this over a Honda Fit?

--Andre

Have had five Hondas... tired of them. No arguing the functionality and durability but they're ugly/generic, too.

Additionally, I actually have better leg room and the seat position is superior in the 500.
I was attracted to the Fiat as a design piece and came away very surprised at how comfortable and kick-in-the-pants fun it was for an inexpensive car.

Leaning toward the Sport in Bianco Perla. Has to be the auto 6-speed though as leg room and pedal size are insufficient for my long legs and big feet.

(Understand what I want is an A5... but until the wife leaves grad school and her job prospects improve... )


PS- and damn the turning radius... feels like one rear wheel pins itself in place.
post #5 of 38
I wouldn't mind having one for commuting and getting groceries. Last thing I am going to do is buy another car though. My family might step in and give me an intervention.
post #6 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman808 View Post
I wouldn't mind having one for commuting and getting groceries.

Yup -would be the daily commuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman808 View Post
Last thing I am going to do is buy another car though. My family might step in and give me an intervention.

post #7 of 38
Thread Starter 
Not my vid... but same car basically.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #8 of 38
Have you looked at Peg Perego?
post #9 of 38
Thread Starter 
Damn you Ed!!!
post #10 of 38
It got rather mediocre reviews. I'd pass.
post #11 of 38
Has Fiat left behind its Fix-It-Again-Tony phase? I haven't paid any attention to the brand for years.
post #12 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
It got rather mediocre reviews. I'd pass.

Links please- most everything I've read/watched is praising it.

There's one video that cracked it for it's braking 60-0... but that was with an early mule.

I've done more than one panic stop in test drives and the EDS works great.

As for Fix it Again Tony... one hopes. It's been out of the USA for a very long time. They're being very generous (not Hyundai generous) with maintenance coverage etc
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Links please- most everything I've read/watched is praising it. There's one video that cracked it for it's braking 60-0... but that was with an early mule. I've done more than one panic stop in test drives and the EDS works great. As for Fix it Again Tony... one hopes. It's been out of the USA for a very long time. They're being very generous (not Hyundai generous) with maintenance coverage etc
Its was a few weeks back inside my issue of The Week. The ran blurbs from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Consumer Reports. All were positive but basically said the car was middle of the road and somewhat fun. As to reliability - this is a car produced by Chrysler and Fiat. I cannot think of a partnership with less reliability behind it than those two companies.
post #14 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
As to reliability - this is a car produced by Chrysler and Fiat. I cannot think of a partnership with less reliability behind it than those two companies.

Yeah- with you there... and is always an issue jumping in with version 1.0 of anything I'm afraid.
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Have had five Hondas... tired of them. No arguing the functionality and durability but they're ugly/generic, too. Additionally, I actually have better leg room and the seat position is superior in the 500. I was attracted to the Fiat as a design piece and came away very surprised at how comfortable and kick-in-the-pants fun it was for an inexpensive car. Leaning toward the Sport in Bianco Perla. Has to be the auto 6-speed though as leg room and pedal size are insufficient for my long legs and big feet. (Understand what I want is an A5... but until the wife leaves grad school and her job prospects improve... ) PS- and damn the turning radius... feels like one rear wheel pins itself in place.
Is it that much smaller than the Panda? I'm 6'6" with size 13+ feet and drive my GF's Panda easily.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home