or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you have a 'signature-item'?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you have a 'signature-item'?

post #1 of 211
Thread Starter 
And what is it? Something that you like and that you wear nearly every day, with which you combine any other item in your wardrobe? It could be anything from a bow-tie, a special shirt-collar-shape or even a colour that you prefer to such obvious items as strange hats or pipes or (sun-) glasses.

p.s. replies such as 'my trusted old pair of underpants' will be unavoidable, yet they bore me: I know them all and also have absolutely no sense of humour if something is not funny!
post #2 of 211
Don't be this douche.
post #3 of 211
I wear a lot of knit ties and Chelsea boots and like a nice umbrella.
post #4 of 211
Chris Reeve Sebenza. Maybe it's a bit unsophisticated and less than elegant, but I feel naked if I'm not carrying a knife.
post #5 of 211
Fedoras .....Boots.........Card/Key case
post #6 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I wear a lot of knit ties and Chelsea boots and like a nice umbrella.

Me too. I also usually wear a tie slide and carry a yard o lead Viceroy pen.
post #7 of 211
My trusted old fountain pen ... which I use to ... write my ... signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
p.s. replies such as 'my trusted old fountain pen' will be unavoidable, yet they bore me: I know them all and also have absolutely no sense of humour if something is not funny!




Try the veal folks. I'll be here all week.
post #8 of 211
When I have to suit up, I usually wear a white dress shirt, discreet micropattern tie, & white pocket square.
post #9 of 211
Thread Starter 
Doc: very nice, I also like knit-ties a lot!

Skronnie: why not elegant? I don't know that knife and'll check it. I was always carrying in my bag a Swiss utility knife less for protection but rather for practicality. It also had served me well on many mountain-tours in the Alps but unfortunately in recent years such knives were banned when boarding airplanes...(also: it may be nerdy but I always have been a secret fan of sword-canes that one could /can (?) buy in that nice shop near Tottenham Court Road (Smith or something) right behind the Brit. Museum...

Carlisle Blues: I like the fedoras by Herbert Johnson!
post #10 of 211
Yep, these:

post #11 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
And what is it? Something that you like and that you wear nearly every day, with which you combine any other item in your wardrobe? It could be anything from a bow-tie, a special shirt-collar-shape or even a colour that you prefer to such obvious items as strange hats or pipes or (sun-) glasses.

p.s. replies such as 'my trusted old pair of underpants' will be unavoidable, yet they bore me: I know them all and also have absolutely no sense of humour if something is not funny!

Gucci Shades
post #12 of 211
Yes, bags of awesome. I have them in multiple colors.
post #13 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
Yes, bags of awesome. I have them in multiple colors.

You have a Filson too?
post #14 of 211
The colour purple. Something close to 70% of my shirts, ties and handkerchiefs are purple.
post #15 of 211
Thread Starter 
....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you have a 'signature-item'?