or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BB SC/Blazer purchase poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BB SC/Blazer purchase poll

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hi All, trying to take advantage of current 2 for $799 deal (+ a special 20% discount). Depending on how deep the anniversary sale (usually around 25%) discounts in June, I think I'll be better off taking the plunge now... I would appreciate you opinions/suggestions..Thanks in advance... ...the Fitzgerald cut is perfect as I have tried them all in-store. So, if I have to get 2 items which one... A. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= ==> full canvas; milled by Cornecini ?? B. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= ..plus C. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long D. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long ==> full canvas; milled by EThomas
post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 
bump...
Please weigh in with your opinion/suggestion...any aditional feedback is appreciated. Thanks
post #3 of 11
just so you know you cant pic more than 1 option how you have the poll setup. I like A&C btw.
post #4 of 11
The fabric on A is awesome. My only comments would be that the fit is not slim at all and the metal buttons are kind of old school. My tailor ended up slimming it quite a bit, and replaced the buttons with ivory ones and the jacket looks 100x better.

If the fit is decent on you, I would definitely grab it though b/c of the fabric/construction.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post
just so you know you cant pic more than 1 option how you have the poll setup. I like A&C btw.
I dont know how to make changes on my polling options ...thanks for your feedback btw
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life View Post
The fabric on A is awesome. My only comments would be that the fit is not slim at all and the metal buttons are kind of old school. My tailor ended up slimming it quite a bit, and replaced the buttons with ivory ones and the jacket looks 100x better.
If the fit is decent on you, I would definitely grab it though b/c of the fabric/construction.
I think the fit of Fitz is great as is but I totally agree on the buttons. Any idea where I can purchase Ivory or Horn buttons as replacements? Thanks
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post
I think the fit of Fitz is great as is but I totally agree on the buttons. Any idea where I can purchase Ivory or Horn buttons as replacements? Thanks

I bought this blazer some time ago, and immediately replaced the buttons with a set from Benson & Clegg:

http://www.bensonandclegg.com/catalo...x.php?cPath=21
post #8 of 11
Fitz blazer + plus any one of the Fitz sport coats. I also would replace the metal buttons of the blazer with brown horn or MOP, but since the metal buttons are not golden it is not too bad (does not look like a sailor who lost his ship)
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
...any feedback on the 2 SC's? This is primarily for general casual and Spring (or even early Summer) wear. The windowpane jacket's material is silk/wool, which has a very fine and soft feel. While the Deco is Saxxon 100% wool, I think it would be too heavy for warmer temperatures. ...thoughts on flexibility for Fall season (layering) wear ?
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
bump...
...I am 5-6 (32 waist)...does wearing windowpane or any check patterns makes my profile shorter/stouter...should I stay with solid patterns?

your thoughts please...Thanks

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...size=40%20Long
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
Fitz blazer + plus any one of the Fitz sport coats. I also would replace the metal buttons of the blazer with brown horn or MOP, but since the metal buttons are not golden it is not too bad (does not look like a sailor who lost his ship)
...or an advert for Brooks Brothers. ...yes I would change the buttons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BB SC/Blazer purchase poll