• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama in Tom Ford

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michelle Obama, that is.
a_560x375.jpg
I wonder: who dresses Barrack? http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...om_ford_t.html

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She is a very stately woman.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camilla Belle in Tom Ford

Now this is stunning:
tumblr_llpx8rNc0r1qgojxao1_500.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevent
Camilla Belle in Tom Ford

Now this is stunning:
tumblr_llpx8rNc0r1qgojxao1_500.jpg

Wow, I had not seen this. She looks incredible.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Michelle Obama looks awful in that, and I don't think she's the tiniest bit 'stately'. It's far too showy for an event hosted by ER. You think dropping £10k+ on a dress that's going to be worn once is stately? when the US is having so much financial trouble and has bizarre levels of poverty & crime for its level of wealth. Camilla Belle, on the other had, does look outstanding
biggrin.gif

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Wow, I had not seen this. She looks incredible.
5d3otx.jpg
My favourite picture of her. I was stunned when I saw that for the first time.

johnannemarie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
I think Michelle Obama looks awful in that, and I don't think she's the tiniest bit 'stately'.
It's far too showy for an event hosted by ER. You think dropping £10k+ on a dress that's going to be worn once is stately? when the US is having so much financial trouble and has bizarre levels of poverty & crime for its level of wealth.

Camilla Belle, on the other had, does look outstanding
biggrin.gif

Do you think the US government would be paying for the dress or the obamas directly?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UncleCozy
5d3otx.jpg
My favourite picture of her. I was stunned when I saw that for the first time.

Again, wow. That is a beautiful photograph. There is a very classic and elegant look about her.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
I think Michelle Obama looks awful in that, and I don't think she's the tiniest bit 'stately'.
It's far too showy for an event hosted by ER. You think dropping £10k+ on a dress that's going to be worn once is stately? when the US is having so much financial trouble and has bizarre levels of poverty & crime for its level of wealth.

haters.jpg

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnannemarie
Do you think the US government would be paying for the dress or the obamas directly?
Wouldn't Ford be willing to dress the First Lady free of charge? I really doubt she had to pay the MSRP.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Wouldn't Ford be willing to dress the First Lady free of charge? I really doubt she had to pay the MSRP.

I'm pretty sure she bought it off Spoo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads